+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got declined!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
@bellaluna I am reapplying and I will be submitting again all the documents may first week of April. Since most of the documents were not sent back to me I need acquire all of them again. But is it okay if I revise those documents, it should be detailed and strong this time. The only documents they sent back were from my parents, but that one I will no longer make any changes, same document I will send.
Yes, that's fine. As long as the details are consistent. Surprised they kept some documents...I've always had all of my documents returned.

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
OK, that all sounds good. You can include a brief letter of explanation from you or your parents about them giving you some "backup" for your funds. In general, you should be able to show that you can afford the trip on your own (100k isn't enough) to be approved for a TRV, but also, I think Manila VO officers are a bit more lenient because they know these kinds of scenarios are common in Filipino culture. Good luck.

PS: I'd also suggest preparing a daily budget of your expenses of your travel, and the shares of where they will come from (e.g. food from your sis, pocket money from you, etc.).
Aside from bank statement, I also stated in the application form that in case the visa gets approved I can bring with me $4000. Would they really check your money once you get to Canada? Should I be the one to explain that they will give me some back up? well I can with my parents, as for my sister she already explained it previously before the refusal.

One thing I am worried now is my travel history, I don't have really..

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
Yes, that's fine. As long as the details are consistent. Surprised they kept some documents...I've always had all of my documents returned.
I really don't know behind it. Mayber for reference. The validity of documents is 6 months right? Because I am a little bit worried because the letter from my parents was dated January. I will not make any changes on their documents anymore.

And another thing is, should I inform the VAC/ VFA Global I will be reapplying? Is there a timeline as to when to reapply from the date of refusal or none?

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
OK, that all sounds good. You can include a brief letter of explanation from you or your parents about them giving you some "backup" for your funds. In general, you should be able to show that you can afford the trip on your own (100k isn't enough) to be approved for a TRV, but also, I think Manila VO officers are a bit more lenient because they know these kinds of scenarios are common in Filipino culture. Good luck.

PS: I'd also suggest preparing a daily budget of your expenses of your travel, and the shares of where they will come from (e.g. food from your sis, pocket money from you, etc.).
I really don't know the budget since my sister will fund everything for the entire duration of my stay. Should that be important? and I would also like to ask if should I really include hotels for my itinerary? I would stay/live with her along with her family for the duration.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I really don't know the budget since my sister will fund everything for the entire duration of my stay. Should that be important? and I would also like to ask if should I really include hotels for my itinerary? I would stay/live with her along with her family for the duration.
Bahala ka. In the end, it’s your application so do whatever you want to do. I can’t force you to do anything. To me it seems your application was refused partly because of a lack of preparation. It’s totally possible to do some research about a trip’s budget with resources like Google and your sister’s help.

There is no timeline in between submissions. They’re happy to take your visa fee. No need to inform VAC either. Alternatively you can apply online and submit soft copies of your documents and only submit your passport if requested.

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
Bahala ka. In the end, it’s your application so do whatever you want to do. I can’t force you to do anything. To me it seems your application was refused partly because of a lack of preparation. It’s totally possible to do some research about a trip’s budget with resources like Google and your sister’s help.

There is no timeline in between submissions. They’re happy to take your visa fee. No need to inform VAC either. Alternatively you can apply online and submit soft copies of your documents and only submit your passport if requested.
I'll try to have my itinerary be arranged. hehehe! As to submission of documents online, it should be stamped by a lawyer right?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
oh really? i thought it would be stamped to certify the copies are true. and @bellaluna do you know any travel sites that does not require payment after reservation? so i can arrange my itinerary.
It’s not important to present a flight reservation in your name. I did no such thing. You can search for flight schedules online if you like and use that schedule and rate.

I did present a daily itinerary, but my funds were enough as to pay for my trip on my own.

Just use Google. Seriously.

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
I see but any website or airline suggestion perhaps? lol. In my case my sister will be funding me.

Thank you @bellaluna your a big help. I can't thank you enough. If I still have pending clarifications I'll just message you ofcourse. ^_^.

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
I see but any website or airline suggestion perhaps? lol. In my case my sister will be funding me.

Thank you @bellaluna your a big help. I can't thank you enough. If I still have pending clarifications I'll just message you ofcourse. ^_^.
@bellaluna is it possible to just screen shot the flight schedule and paste it in the document?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Is it okay to write "possible flight reservation" as a heading? Did you have your own hotel reservations too?
Sure, whatever. You can also mention it in your cover letter/purpose of travel.

No, I stayed with a relative, so I submitted their COE, bank statement, utility bill, passport.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
If you have been denied the first time and want to reapply, it is wise to seek help/service of an agency, they know how to deal with this specially if you don't have travel history.