+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got declined!

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
Hello,

I got my passport back and it was declined. They provided me to reasons why it was disapproved.

Here are the reason:

1.You do not meet the eligibility requirements necessary to make an application for an ETA, as our records indicate that you did hold a Canadian temporary resident at any time during the 10-year period immediately preceding the day on which you made your application, or did not hold a valid United States non immigrant visa on the day in which you made your application.

2. I am not satisfied that you have answered all questions truthfully. Specifically, I am not satisfied that the following information is truthful.

My question to number 1, why do they need a visa since that is the first time I am applying for a tourist visa? I have no travel history and my first time if it was approved. Number 2, Why did they say my information was not truthful? If they refer it in the form, all questions there was only answerable by a yes or a no. And I remember question like Did I commit any crime? Of course I said no, why would I lie?What other questions do they need that is not present in the form?

Documents I submitted
*Application form
*Family information
*Letter from the company
*Leave of approval from the company
*Two bank statements (payroll and savings)
*Photocopy of payslip for the last 6 months
*Tax information for the last 6 months
*Purpose of travel
*Pictures as proof of my relation to my sister including birth certificates
*Invitation letter (from my sister along with other necessary documents like her income, letter from her company, proof of income and what not, included also an information with her husband)
*Letter from my parents that they also are eligible and capable catering my finances if needed ( also other documents indicated like land titles etc.)

Hope I can get clarifications with this. Thank you.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What country are you from?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
[QUOTE

I submitted a handwritten form but they did not accept it and so they allow me to print online
I don't understand what this has to do with anything. eTAs are only available to individuals from certain countries. Unless you hold a US green card, you don't qualify for an eTA and have to apply for a TRV to come as a tourist to Canada. Do you have a valid US green card? If not, you applied for the wrong type of visa and you were correctly refused.

Reactions: bellaluna

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
I don't understand what this has to do with anything. eTAs are only available to individuals from certain countries. Unless you hold a US green card, you don't qualify for an eTA and have to apply for a TRV to come as a tourist to Canada. Do you have a valid US green card? If not, you applied for the wrong type of visa and you were correctly refused.
That's why I got confused too. The form I applied was temporary resident visa. In the first place the VCA staff checked all the forms before submitting. They should have corrected it though

markv006

Feb 20, 2018
It says right there "Those who do not meet these criteria will still need a visitor visa to travel to Canada" . I clicked the highlighted visitor visa and it routed to the application which was the one I submitted and applied for.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
It says right there "Those who do not meet these criteria will still need a visitor visa to travel to Canada" . I clicked the highlighted visitor visa and it routed to the application which was the one I submitted and applied for.
You are definitely not eligible for an eTA (Philippines passport + no US green card).

You can confirm that you need a TRV (not an eTA) here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

Reactions: scylla

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
That's why I got confused too. The form I applied was temporary resident visa. In the first place the VCA staff checked all the forms before submitting. They should have corrected it though
Or it's possible they gave you the wrong refusal template. Not sure how you can counter-check the application number though, if you applied by paper.

Also, I don't think it's possible to apply for an eTA by paper, is it? It seems like eTA applications are online only.

Reactions: Bryanna and scylla