+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got copr but me and my partner broke up before pr card.

pizzapizza

Apr 15, 2023
Hi everyone, I just wonder what I am. Let me write it down based on timeline.
-I had long time relationship my Canadian girlfriend about 6 years in my country
- we applied commomlaw sponsorship pr visa
- before I get pr, we moved to Canada while I was holding working holiday visa work permit
- I got pr 2023 Jan but had to go back to my country because of family emergency
- while I was in job training in my country, we broke up.
I don't know what to do. I got copr but not pr card(IRCC rejected my photo once and applied a photo again still in IRCC review)
I was planning to go back to Canada and still wanna go back to Canada.
If I go somewhere else, like different provinces.
Can I get my pr card? Am I permanent residence? How can I apply my pr card when I go back to Canada? Thank you for reading
my working holiday sin number will expire on April but will go back to Canada around Oct is that gonna be a problem?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have already landed and now have PR status, I don't believe that your PR status is in jeopardy. There was a condition for spousal sponsorship applicants to remain with (and cohabit with) their common law partners for 2 years after becoming a PR (Condition 51) but that was repelled a few years ago.

If you have NOT yet landed, I don't know if you will be able to, but please wait for others to comment.