+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got an email from IRCC for telephonic landing after getting COPR

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
The agent told me my COPR was sent on Dec.6 but I still haven't received it. Does anyone else have the same issue? BTW I am in Burnaby BC.
I live in Kelowna BC and my interview was yesterday morning and I Still haven't received my CoPRs yet. It was sent out on December 6th.

jayne20475

Dec 6, 2017
have you tracked it down?
Kind of! I can track it on the Canada Post website and it just says "Item processed" in Montreal yesterday at 19.20

I called cic again and they apologised and suggested that before my call tomorrow I email again. They said to include dates and times of my calls with them and the fact that it was not printed, then was sent out late and is still yet to arrive and also send them my tracking number and notes about my call to Canada Post (where they said due to the holiday season it will not arrive).

So now I think I'm going to do that and then speak really nicely to the officer tomorrow, explain the situation and ask to make an appointment at my local office (Vancouver).

Reactions: BlueP

Kishan50

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
My interview is tomorrow and I don't have my COPR yet. I live in Etobicoke, Ontario.

What's the phone number that I can call to check if I have a tracking number?

snoopy_155

Dec 6, 2017

I had my telephone landing process today!

As the most of people who had an interview said they were checking data from CoRP.

Honestly, I don't understand why they can't email CoRP documents, it's just simple document you can print. Except this is a way to check if you are on address you provided.

I have to mail it to Montreal for final processing. They will mail my copy back after they sign it. Also I think they are supposed to mail me some official document that I'm PR (so I can change my SIN) before I get PR card (that takes 2-3 months as officer said).

Can someone confirm if we are getting some official document that we are PR before PR cards arrive?

tmpres

Dec 12, 2017

I had my telephone landing process today!

As the most of people who had an interview said they were checking data from CoRP.

I have to mail it to Montreal for final processing. They will mail my copy back after they sign it. Also I think they are supposed to mail me some official document that I'm PR (so I can change my SIN) before I get PR card (that takes 2-3 months as officer said).

Can someone confirm if we are getting some official document that we are PR before PR cards arrive?
Signed COPR coming back to you will be the official document.

Reactions: testtrav2

jaimie

Dec 11, 2017
Yay, I'v got a call from Vancouver local visa center for physical landing appointment. I called CIC yesterday for asking what's going on and asked them to contact local visa office for in person landing. Within 24 hours, officer from Vancouver contacted me to make an appointment. It is in a week. It is quite fast. Good luck everybody.

p.s. seems like officer doesn't know what's going on all the process, how mess this program, asked whether I do get ppr(never be requested) so on. If you guys missed your telephone landing, I'd highly recommend to call them and explain your situations rather than just waiting.

jayne20475

Dec 6, 2017
Yay, I'v got a call from Vancouver local visa center for physical landing appointment. I called CIC yesterday for asking what's going on and asked them to contact local visa office for in person landing. Within 24 hours, officer from Vancouver contacted me to make an appointment. It is in a week. It is quite fast. Good luck everybody.

p.s. seems like officer doesn't know what's going on all the process, how mess this program, asked whether I do get ppr(never be requested) so on. If you guys missed your telephone landing, I'd highly recommend to call them and explain your situations rather than just waiting.
That's great news! That's so good they got back to you so quickly. When is your appointment scheduled for?

Last edited:

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Thank for reply. That sounds right, only sign "Not valid for travel" doesn't promise much, but will see.
you cannot use copr for travel. you have to wait till pr card arrives
but can use it as proof of pr for sin number, health card etc
copr can be used for travel only to usa (that too only by road on private vehicle)
if you try board a bus/airline(commercial carrier) you will be denied boarding

Reactions: snoopy_155

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
Guys I asked some questions and apparently nobody is interested in helping me. This is a little bit disappointing for I am one of those who always try to help others even though I am not necessarily involved with their issues.

jayne20475

Dec 6, 2017
Guys I asked some questions and apparently nobody is interested in helping me. This is a little bit disappointing for I am one of those who always try to help others even though I am not necessarily involved with their issues.
Hi, I'm afraid I do not know the answers to your questions.

In regards to your second question, I called CIC and asked about where my COPR was and then they gave me a tracking number.

Reactions: Matt-NL
Dec 11, 2017
Hi all, got a call at 2:20 pm for the telephone interview. Now have to send the copr and wait for them to get back!

To summarize:
6 Dec: telephone landing email
12 Dec: CoPR arrives by mail
14 Dec: telephone interview

Reactions: TempResident