+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got an email from IRCC for telephonic landing after getting COPR

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
I just finished the phone call with CIC agent. I asked for booking physical appointment at local Vancouver visa office. Officer said he can definitely proceed it and of course I need to keep this CoPR for in person appointment. Also, he congrats me being a PR and confirmed my application is verified and approved, basically all finished. But! last step will take more time to complete, he mentioned that I will get back from local Vancouver visa office for physical appointment within 3 WEEKS. hmm and I double checked "you mean in January?" yes.. I hope Vancouver visa office contact me asap.

There are several answers are I'v got:

1. Should I keep this CoPR? -- Yes! for sure Yes.! (eventho my telephone landing lady said I need to send it back) I need it when I do physical landing!
2. If rescheduled telephone interview is coming before physical appointment, what should I do? -- No more telephone landing will contact you for RESCHEDULING.
3. What else I need to prepare for physical landing? -- Passport, CoPR, Pictures, Proved current status in Canada like work permit so on.
4. When will local visa office contact me? -- within 3 weeks, because of holiday and high volume of those who are in same situation with me.

Now, I am waiting for Vancouver Local Visa Office to contact me. Hope soon!!
Can you also go to a land border and do the landing with the CoPR that you have? Because I would think it easier to drive maybe an hour or so to a Land Border and Flagpole in the next few days instead of waiting 3-4 weeks for an inland office appointment.

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Can you also go to a land border and do the landing with the CoPR that you have? Because I would think it easier to drive maybe an hour or so to a Land Border and Flagpole in the next few days instead of waiting 3-4 weeks for an inland office appointment.
no
you will need a one time visa i would think

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Is it a specific kind of visa or any visa? Because I have my Canadian Visitor's Visa and My US Visa.
it s the one time pr visa that is stamped when you send out passport (after ppr request).Generally since copr is not sent out without passport, no body has faced this (one time visa and copr come to gather after ppr request). so earlier even inland applicants mandatory get the one time visa and copr
but now since that we guys are getting only copr i dont know how cic sees it
you can may be call cic and ask

Reactions: jman25

BlueP

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
My interview is on Dec 15th.

I just came back home from work and saw a brown envelop shinning in my letter box. I got super excited and quivkly pulled it out...

I turned the letter around and it was f**king RBC. LOL -_-

Hopefully let Copr comes tomorrow. Congrats to all who got their PR.
My another brown envelope was from united way...

Reactions: Kishan50

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
it s the one time pr visa that is stamped when you send out passport (after ppr request).Generally since copr is not sent out without passport, no body has faced this (one time visa and copr come to gather after ppr request). so earlier even inland applicants mandatory get the one time visa and copr
but now since that we guys are getting only copr i dont know how cic sees it
you can may be call cic and ask
Yeah I plan to call by friday

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
just read this posted by sv100 earlier

Edit to add: The letter they attached with my appointment details says "Alternatively, you may have this process completed at a land border."

Reactions: jman25

Kirat123

Dec 13, 2017
Given that it seems the only field we will be updating on the CoPR is the last port of entry location/date, can't we *PRETEND* that we have the CoPR with us, write down whatever instructions the agent tell us over the phone, wait for the CoPR after the call, and then update it and send it back?

Wouldn't this be the best since everyone is only a day or two late with receiving their CoPR?
Hey guys I would also like to know everyone opinion on this ... as my interview is tomorrow and MTL dispatched my COPR on the day I sent them the reply on 7th December and today is 4th business day as the weekend came in between . So please reply

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Hey guys I would also like to know everyone opinion on this ... as my interview is tomorrow and MTL dispatched my COPR on the day I sent them the reply on 7th December and today is 4th business day as the weekend came in between . So please reply
what time?

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
I Would not risk it at all... and that's being dishonest. It's not that serious, your application is approved, don't allow your anxiousness to land potentially screw you over at this point.

I got my call this morning and I didn't have my CoPR and the agent just told me to keep them when they arrive and he'll email Montreal to inform them I didn't get them. He also said he'll try to have them reschedule. I however, plan to call IRCC and have them book me an appointment at an Inland office or ask them if I can flagpole with my TRV.

Reactions: testtrav2
Dec 11, 2017
Good news for me today, too. :)

CoPR arrived today and my phone interview is scheduled for tomorrow.

Here is timeline:
Email for Express Landing and phone interview received on Dec 6th, I replayed same date.
Mail is dispatched on Dec 8th
Mail received today, Dec 13th
Interview scheduled for Dec 14th (between 12.30pm to 3.30pm EST)

I live in Toronto area, letter was sent from IRCC Montreal.
Same for me. Got express landing email on 6 Dec, got CoPR on 12 Dec and have interview scheduled tomorrow between 12:30 and 15:30. Will update after interview.

Reactions: snoopy_155

sunitha1689

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I have my telephonic appointment scheduled on this Friday. After reading all the information in the thread I rather prefer to do flag polling than to attend this interview. Can I request the officer to cancel my appointment and tell him that I will validate my PR in land border. Is it a good idea??