+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got an email from IRCC for telephonic landing after getting COPR

jjpatel

Nov 27, 2017
I think in this case there is no need to send passport as you are already in canada
I sent my passport and I was in Canada. If you are from a country that requires a visa to enter Canada e.g. India, they will ask you to send passport and give you a single entry visa to do a landing if you choose to do that.

jjpatel

Nov 27, 2017
Ok. There is few of us who received an email about the phone interview, but our applications aren't approved yet, and we haven't sent passports.

I just wanted to make sure you aren't in same situation as we. :)
If you're from a country that doesn't require a visa to enter Canada then they may not ask for your passport so that could be one of the reasons

snoopy_155

Dec 6, 2017
If you're from a country that doesn't require a visa to enter Canada then they may not ask for your passport so that could be one of the reasons
I dunno anymore, I'm confused. I'm waiting to see if they are going to confirm an interview and send a form to fill out.

I'm already in Canada for more then a year on work permit and I'm from country that requires visa to enter Canada.

jjpatel

Nov 27, 2017
I dunno anymore, I'm confused. I'm waiting to see if they are going to confirm an interview and send a form to fill out.

I'm already in Canada for more then a year on work permit and I'm from country that requires visa to enter Canada.
If it helps, I didn't receive a confirmation of my interview date and time after I accepted. They just called. One of the questions before accepting your interview is if you've received your CoPR - that could change whether they call or not.

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
It is old process, If you are getting approved now(living in canada), you are directly being sent invite to do telepone landing through some selection process. If you were asked to submit passport (month or so ago - because you got approved before thsi process rolled out) you have 3 options

1.land through border
2. at cic office through appointment
3.telephone (if invited)

this telephone thingy started in last week of november and official note about it is in cic site from dec1

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/pilot-project-confirm-selected-in-Canada-permanent-residents-telephone.html?_ga=2.201397457.1533652126.1512417572-1199402446.1505773559

Reactions: jman25

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
OK thank you. I know this. But I was thinking maybe they can schedule another appointment. I intended to ask if someone here in the forum has had a similar situation. I sent them right now (within the given 48 hours) an email asking this. If they respond and provide me another appointment I will share this here so that other people in a similar situation can use this way, too.
I still would appreciate any similar experience guys.
Best.
I emailed them yesterday and asked them to schedule me another telephone-landing interview. They responded in around two hours and provided a time period in which I could chose a day for the interview. I emailed them again and shared with them the day I would prefer. Today in the morning they sent me another email confirming my new appointment. Sum: If the scheduled interview date doesn't work for you you can get another appointment. I think this might help some people here in the forum.
My interview will take place on Monday, 11 December. I hope I can send the COPRs the same day and can get them back at the end of the next week.
Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: jman25

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
I emailed them yesterday and asked them to schedule me another telephone-landing interview. They responded in around two hours and provided a time period in which I could chose a day for the interview. I emailed them again and shared with them the day I would prefer. Today in the morning they sent me another email confirming my new appointment. Sum: If the scheduled interview date doesn't work for you you can get another appointment. I think this might help some people here in the forum.
My interview will take place on Monday, 11 December. I hope I can send the COPRs the same day and can get them back at the end of the next week.
Good luck to everyone.
wow, that was a quick turnaround! most of us that responded to the email sent last Friday still haven't gotten an email confirming our appointment.

Did you send in your passport and already received your CoPR?

demand510

Apr 4, 2017
Here is our timeline.
We received our COPRs - October 27, 2017 .
Received invitation for telephone landing on November 18, 2017
Had interview by telephone on November 21,2017
Receive email with details where to send our COPRs on Nov 23,2017
Send COPRs to IRCC Saskwatchewan on Nov 28,2017
IRCC Saskwatchewan received it on Dec 1, 2017. As of this date COPRs were signed.
We receive signed COPR back on Dec 7, 2017.

I was able to add Permanent Residence Card application to my CIC account using Dec 1, 2017 as a date when we became PR.
Hope this help you guys!

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
wow, that was a quick turnaround! most of us that responded to the email sent last Friday still haven't gotten an email confirming our appointment.

Did you send in your passport and already received your CoPR?
I can't understand your question.
I said in my message that my interview will take place on 11 December (next Monday). COPR cannot be sent to the IRCC office before the interview. I intend to send our COPRs after our interview to the IRCC office. This is the regular procedure for telephone-landing. If this is not what you asked please ask your question again in a more detailed way. Hope this helps. Best.

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
I can't understand your question.
I said in my message that my interview will take place on 11 December (next Monday). COPR cannot be sent to the IRCC office before the interview. I intend to send our COPRs after our interview to the IRCC office. This is the regular procedure for telephone-landing. If this is not what you asked please ask your question again in a more detailed way. Hope this helps. Best.
I was asking if you had gotten a Passport Request from IRCC, sent your passport and it was stamped and returned to you along with your CoPR?

For many of us, we did not get a passport request, we only got the email to do Telephone Landing; So we will not have to send our passports anywhere. They will then just send us our CoPR in the mail so that we have it along with our passports to do the telephone landing

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
I was asking if you had gotten a Passport Request from IRCC, sent your passport and it was stamped and returned to you along with your CoPR?

For many of us, we did not get a passport request, we only got the email to do Telephone Landing; So we will not have to send our passports anywhere. They will then just send us our CoPR in the mail so that we have it along with our passports to do the telephone landing

Yes. Actually this information is provided on my signature (visa issued on 21 October) and I assumed you already know that my passport and COPR were sent to me at this point. Sorry about that. Well, in your situation the best way is contacting IRCC (responding the email that invites you for telephone landing) and explaining your situation. I am sure they'll schedule you another appointment. Is your Canada post tracker already active?

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Yes. Actually this information is provided on my signature (visa issued on 21 October) and I assumed you already know that my passport and COPR were sent to me at this point. Sorry about that. Well, in your situation the best way is contacting IRCC (responding the email that invites you for telephone landing) and explaining your situation. I am sure they'll schedule you another appointment. Is your Canada post tracker already active?
No I don't have a tracker because I didn't get a Passport Request to send them anything. All I got was the invite to do Telephone Landing and they said they will send me my CoPR in the mail in time to do it.

I already confirmed my availability for the date they scheduled me so no need to reschedule.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
No I don't have a tracker because I didn't get a Passport Request to send them anything. All I got was the invite to do Telephone Landing and they said they will send me my CoPR in the mail in time to do it.

I already confirmed my availability for the date they scheduled me so no need to reschedule.

This is interesting. It is unusual. Probably also a new pilot project.

jerry1013

Aug 1, 2017
Ok. There is few of us who received an email about the phone interview, but our applications aren't approved yet, and we haven't sent passports.

I just wanted to make sure you aren't in same situation as we. :)
I am in the same situation. received phone interview for Dec 15, buy my final decision is still processing. will update if any thing happened.