+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got an email from IRCC for telephonic landing after getting COPR

jerry1013

Aug 1, 2017
I got an email from MTL Express asking if I want to do landing through the phone. However, I got no COPR and the letter says to have COPR handy..
me too, and i replied the email said i am happy to accept this offer but my finial decision is still processing. no reply received yet.

noahbetal

Dec 8, 2017
Here is our timeline.
We received our COPRs - October 27, 2017 .
Received invitation for telephone landing on November 18, 2017
Had interview by telephone on November 21,2017
Receive email with details where to send our COPRs on Nov 23,2017
Send COPRs to IRCC Saskwatchewan on Nov 28,2017
IRCC Saskwatchewan received it on Dec 1, 2017. As of this date COPRs were signed.
We receive signed COPR back on Dec 7, 2017.

I was able to add Permanent Residence Card application to my CIC account using Dec 1, 2017 as a date when we became PR.
Hope this help you guys!
Did you try to link the PR card application only when you get the copy back or on Dec.1?

LuisBR

Dec 8, 2017
Hello All,
I got the same email from IRCC. I have to confirm my availability.
I was hoping to get my passport back with a single entry visa and CoPR, but I have not received them.
I do not understand why they are scheduling me for interview to confirm my PR if I dont have CoPR.

Also, if this is a telephone landing process, does this mean that CIC wont send my passport back with single entry visa.
The thing is that I plan to travel to my country of origin in Dec22, and was hoping to the landing process in the airport.
What happens if I do the telephone landing process? Can I still travel abroad?
Thanks for your reply beforehand.

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Hello All,
I got the same email from IRCC. I have to confirm my availability.
I was hoping to get my passport back with a single entry visa and CoPR, but I have not received them.
I do not understand why they are scheduling me for interview to confirm my PR if I dont have CoPR.

Also, if this is a telephone landing process, does this mean that CIC wont send my passport back with single entry visa.
The thing is that I plan to travel to my country of origin in Dec22, and was hoping to the landing process in the airport.
What happens if I do the telephone landing process? Can I still travel abroad?
Thanks for your reply beforehand.
In this situation, you should not go for telephone landing. get the passport with pr visa and copr and leave canada
when you come back do the landing at airport

AmFrCa

Dec 9, 2017
Hi there, ircc received my rp application on November 18 and I received the email for the phone call option this Wednesday.
This is my understanding that my application had been approved, according to the program details on cic website BUT my applications is still "submitted" on ircc portal and this email is the only thing i received.
My appointment was supposed to be on dec 13, I answered the email saying that I'm good with that but I'm leaving for my country of origin on the 14 for 3 weeks; they cancelled my appointment.
My question is: did anybody received an invitation for the phone call before their application was marked approved online?

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Hi there, ircc received my rp application on November 18 and I received the email for the phone call option this Wednesday.
This is my understanding that my application had been approved, according to the program details on cic website BUT my applications is still "submitted" on ircc portal and this email is the only thing i received.
My appointment was supposed to be on dec 13, I answered the email saying that I'm good with that but I'm leaving for my country of origin on the 14 for 3 weeks; they cancelled my appointment.
My question is: did anybody received an invitation for the phone call before their application was marked approved online?
Many are receiving. even in my case it is showing background in progress but got the email

AmFrCa

Dec 9, 2017
Many are receiving. even in my case it is showing background in progress but got the email
Good to know I'm not the only one in the "grey zone" kind of!
I would be curious to know how long it take for the website to be updated after we receive the email though...

Skd_d

Apr 3, 2017
after they cancel your appointment what option they gave you, did they request passport or any other option?

AmFrCa

Dec 9, 2017
I'm flying oversea on dec 14, so I believe that I will meet with an immigration officer on January when I come back. They say they will give me another appointment or I will land normally...

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
I had my telephone-landing interview today and sent my COPR to Winnipeg office. I received the confirmation email that provided the address of the IRCC office right after the telephone-landing interview. The agent was a very nice lady. The questions were exactly the same as other forum members explained in the forum.
Good luck for everyone.

sawyerzhang

Dec 11, 2017
Hi guys,

I received the email request for telephone interview on Dec 1st and the interview is scheduled on Dec 13th. I replied the email with my information and haven't got a reply since then. It's two days away from the interview now and I still haven't received the CoPR through mail. Is there anyone with similar situation here? I sent an email asking about my situation and what's next. Hopefully I will get a reply soon.

testtrav2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Hi guys,

I received the email request for telephone interview on Dec 1st and the interview is scheduled on Dec 13th. I replied the email with my information and haven't got a reply since then. It's two days away from the interview now and I still haven't received the CoPR through mail. Is there anyone with similar situation here? I sent an email asking about my situation and what's next. Hopefully I will get a reply soon.
Did you email them requesting a status?

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Hi guys,

Yes a lot of us including myself is in this situation. I received the email Dec 1st for my interview also scheduled for Dec 13th. I responded and I have not heard anything since then. I counted maybe 9 or 10 other people in the same situation.

Reactions: sawyerzhang

sv100

Dec 5, 2017
Hi guys,

Exactly the same situation, even the same dates. I emailed them this morning asking if it should still go ahead since I haven't got the COPR. I doubt they'll respond in time but will update everyone on this thread if something advances in my situation. Good luck with yours!

Reactions: jman25