+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got an email from IRCC for telephonic landing after getting COPR

anuragshah89

Star Member
May 24, 2014
Is this email legit or it is a fraud ?

The email is from DN PR Interview / Entrevue RP RN (IRCC) <IRCC.DNPRInterview-EntrevueRPRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>

Dear applicant,

You have been selected for the opportunity to complete your permanent resident (PR) application via telephone.

Your telephone landing is scheduled for xxxxx date. If this is acceptable to you please respond to this email to confirm your availability within 48 hours. If you choose not to complete a telephone landing, please schedule your in person landing via the call centre – 1-888-242-2100 .

Complete the information in the box below.
NAME:
UCI:
APPLICATION #:
ADDRESS:
TELEPHONE #:
Confirmation of Permanent Residence in your possession?
Yes OR No
LANGUAGE PREFERENCE:

English OR French:

**During your landing timeslot, please ensure you have a quiet space, your Confirmation of Permanent Resident (CoPR) document, and a black pen.

**If there is more than one person landing in your family and they are physically located in Canada please ensure they are present for the telephone landing.

** Permanent residents (PR) of Canada must carry and present their valid PR card or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) when boarding a flight to Canada, or travelling to Canada on any other commercial carrier. If you do not carry your PR card or PRTD, you may not be able to board your flight, train, bus or boat to Canada. Please note Permanent Resident Card processing time is currently 61 days from the date the signed CoPR is received by IRCC. Please ensure the timeframe set out above will not disrupt any upcoming travel plans.

If you receive this invitation but have already scheduled your landing with IRCC, please disregard this email. Please note if you are currently outside of Canada, this option for landing is not available.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
This is interesting. I've never heard of them allowing anyone to do landing via telephone. An officer has to sign your CoPR document so I'm not sure how they could even do it over the phone.

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
It is most likely a scam since the email doesn't have your information such as name, application number, etc. Don't reply to this email or send your personal information and call CIC call center right away.

BTW, are you sure that this is the sender email address not the name of the sender?

Last edited:
Reactions: jes_ON

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017

The email is from DN PR Interview / Entrevue RP RN (IRCC) <IRCC.DNPRInterview-EntrevueRPRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>

Dear applicant,

You have been selected for the opportunity to complete your permanent resident (PR) application via telephone.

Your telephone landing is scheduled for xxxxx date. If this is acceptable to you please respond to this email to confirm your availability within 48 hours. If you choose not to complete a telephone landing, please schedule your in person landing via the call centre – 1-888-242-2100 .

NAME:
UCI:
APPLICATION #:
ADDRESS:
TELEPHONE #:
Yes OR No
LANGUAGE PREFERENCE:

English OR French:

**During your landing timeslot, please ensure you have a quiet space, your Confirmation of Permanent Resident (CoPR) document, and a black pen.

**If there is more than one person landing in your family and they are physically located in Canada please ensure they are present for the telephone landing.

** Permanent residents (PR) of Canada must carry and present their valid PR card or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) when boarding a flight to Canada, or travelling to Canada on any other commercial carrier. If you do not carry your PR card or PRTD, you may not be able to board your flight, train, bus or boat to Canada. Please note Permanent Resident Card processing time is currently 61 days from the date the signed CoPR is received by IRCC. Please ensure the timeframe set out above will not disrupt any upcoming travel plans.

If you receive this invitation but have already scheduled your landing with IRCC, please disregard this email. Please note if you are currently outside of Canada, this option for landing is not available.

It appears legit- could be a pilot program underway on Telephone landing of COPR.

chow 423

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017

Dear applicant,

NAME:
UCI:
APPLICATION #:
ADDRESS:
TELEPHONE #:
Yes OR No
LANGUAGE PREFERENCE:

English OR French:

Absolutely scam. Because when the time of landing, visa officer , you must sign on confirmation of PR documents and officer will check your photo. Then visa officer apply for PR card.

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
It may be a pilot program. Call IRCC helpline and confirm before replying. Be cautious.

Reactions: Juliepopu
Nov 19, 2017
I too received the same email yesterday. I have to say that appears to be legit and the timing perfect given recent events and communications with the CIC. We appear to be one of several people who have been invited to use this process, I'm hoping that it is a new pilot but will verify it with them first thing Monday. Is it really beyond possibilities that following the telephone interview, we sign and return the COPR and when they receive it they process it and send out the PR cards?

If I reply to the email the email will go directly to ircc.dnprinterview-entrevuerprn.ircc@cic.gc.ca this doesn't look like a scam email address so not sure what value there would be from it being a scam.

If anyone else can shed light on this I'd very much appreciate it, thanks in advance : )

Last edited:

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
I too received the same email yesterday. I have to say that appears to be legit and the timing perfect given recent events and communications with the CIC. We appear to be one of several people who have been invited to use this process, I'm hoping that it is a new pilot but will verify it with them first thing Monday. Is it really beyond possibilities that following the telephone interview, we sign and return the COPR and when they receive it they process it and send out the PR cards?

If I reply to the email the email will go directly to ircc.dnprinterview-entrevuerprn.ircc@cic.gc.ca this doesn't look like a scam email address so not sure what value there would be from it being a scam.

If anyone else can shed light on this I'd very much appreciate it, thanks in advance : )
Don't rely on how 'legitimate' the email address looks. Based on the OP's posting, it seems as though the email is asking you to provide your UCI and application #, rather than including it in the email as other IRCC emails have in the past. This could potentially be a phishing attempt.

It could be a legitimate email but, if IRCC has your UCI and application #, they really shouldn't be asking you to provide it. (It would be like a "bank" emailing you to ask you to provide your account number and other information to offer you a service)

Call IRCC first to authenticate the email before responding. Get IRCC's number from the website; don't call any phone number listed in the email.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
I second the above. Before responding with your info, definitely contact IRCC to confirm the validity of the email.

Reactions: mpsqra

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Scam. IRCC would never request that you send confidential information like that in an email; as said above, its akin to your bank asking for your account number. Also, aCBSA or IRCC officer must verify a person's identity and verify that the info on the COPR matches their passport 100% when doing a landing and there is no way to do that over the phone. It also makes no sense to send out the COPR/passport, do this "telephone landing", request the documents back to sign and then mail them out once again. This would leave the "new PR" without any proof of status, unable to get a SIN, a drivers license, apply for health coverage etc. for however long it takes.

tji125

Sep 15, 2017
I got this email too yesterday

Timing is good if it's a scam since I have my COPR and haven't landed yet (or arranged an interview since I am inland).
I would contact IRCC to confirm but I'm already flying home for the holidays and am planning on landing when I come back

Nov 19, 2017
Looks like a scam. IRCC will never ask information like UCI, Application number. Check email header for security info. In a scam email, the information may be blank.

Check this image: https://ibb.co/k5kCSm

Thanks for your feedback, the email header information is complete and as per your image. I will try to verify the legitimacy of the process with them this morning by calling the support line and I'll feedback here. If its a scam they have managed to target only inland people who just received COPR and are ready to land. That's scary if it's a scam, I guess we'll find out shortly.

doyenAA

Jul 4, 2017
Has anyone been able to get through to ircc this morning regarding the post. Because I got the same email on Saturday as well.

Nov 19, 2017
Has anyone been able to get through to ircc this morning regarding the post. Because I got the same email on Saturday as well.

I just got through and this is 100% legitimate.

It's pilot project that they have just started mainly for applicants who are inland and are not within a certain distance of a port or Ottawa. They have been designated as 'rural' I spoke to them at great length and they said they had several calls today as expected because it's a new initiative.

As sceptical as we all were, it's confirmed that you can indeed land via telephone dependent on your circumstances.