+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got an email from IRCC for telephonic landing after getting COPR

snoopy_155

Dec 6, 2017
Hi there,

I've got an email for CoPR phone interview today, but my application is still in progress, also I haven't received any email to send a passport. I submitted application in June 2017. On their website they clearly say this is step after application is approved, and mine isn't.

Did someone have same situation? Should I confirm interview?

It will be six months since I applied at the end of December. I was expecting application approval email and I got email for CoPR phone interview.

Thank you!

craig123

Jul 7, 2017
Hi there,

I've got an email for CoPR phone interview today, but my application is still in progress, also I haven't received any email to send a passport. I submitted application in June 2017. On their website they clearly say this is step after application is approved, and mine isn't.

It will be six months since I applied at the end of December. I was expecting application approval email and I got email for CoPR phone interview.

Thank you!
Check your spam folder to see if you received PPR. Sometime their email goes to spam.

snoopy_155

Dec 6, 2017
Check your spam folder to see if you received PPR. Sometime their email goes to spam.
Thanks for your replay. I've been checking emails, spam folders and online application every day lately, I'm sure I haven't missed email from CIC.

From everything I read here seems like I got email by mistake.

sv100

Dec 5, 2017
Thanks for your replay. I've been checking emails, spam folders and online application every day lately, I'm sure I haven't missed email from CIC.

There are a few of us in the same boat (read posts from about page 9 onwards). I, too, have a telephone landing email but no PPR, no COPR, no approval message in my account. To me it still looks like it is in progress.

I wonder if it is a glitch too. I wish they would put me out of my misery - I'm checking the post at absurd times and logging in constantly looking for a change!

summitseries

Nov 10, 2015

Hi snoopy_155, I have the same situation. I received the email invitation even though my PR application is still in process (still in background check). I replied "Yes" to their phone interview invitation for Dec11 but haven't heard from them yet. No email, no mail, no updates on my PR application. Might have been a mistake but I wish they would reply and tell me so! o_O

sv100

Dec 5, 2017
Hi snoopy_155, I have the same situation. I received the email invitation even though my PR application is still in process (still in background check). I replied "Yes" to their phone interview invitation for Dec11 but haven't heard from them yet. No email, no mail, no updates on my PR application. Might have been a mistake but I wish they would reply and tell me so! o_O
There are a few of us in the same boat (read posts from about page 9 onwards). I, too, have a telephone landing email but no PPR, no COPR, no approval message in my account. To me it still looks like it is in progress.

I wonder if it is a glitch too. I wish they would put me out of my misery - I'm checking the post at absurd times and logging in constantly looking for a change!
Ha.. snap?

snowflake16

Dec 5, 2017
Hi there,

Thank you!
Hi, I'm in the same situation too. Got an email on Friday (1st) for an interview on the 13th, replied on the same day and never heard back. My application is still 'in progress' and no mail, no email communication either.

Santhu0604

Jul 13, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Ok they usually send them express post so it will take maybe a day or two so theres still time man... i'm still waiting for a response too.

Update: I called an agent this morning and she told me that all she's seeing on my file is that I was sent the email for landing and that I needed to reply to it *which I did* . she also says that my COPR has been created but it doesn't say whether or not it was mailed out to me yet and I should give it a few more business days.
I got reply that my landing interview confirmation as received.

snoopy_155

Dec 6, 2017
Hi, I'm in the same situation too. Got an email on Friday (1st) for an interview on the 13th, replied on the same day and never heard back. My application is still 'in progress' and no mail, no email communication either.
I think I'm going to do same. I'll explain in email that my application is in progress. My interview is scheduled for Dec 14th. I'll keep you posted if something changes.

Thanks everyone for replaying. This is really weird situation. I really hope someone will get some information soon.

At least this sounds promising. :) At least I heard something from them after a while and by their estimation deadline for my application ends soon.

jayne20475

Dec 6, 2017
I'm in the same situation as some of you. My application is still saying in progress and I've had no PPR request (I have been checking my spam folder) but I received an email today for a telephone lading on December 15th. I replied yes but now I wish I had told them I'm still waiting on my PPR.

I've tried calling them but can't get through! I was wondering whether I got no PPR because I don't need to send them my actual passport, just photocopied pages as I'm originally from the UK (I am currently in Canada). But that doesn't make sense as previously we still got a PPR for those pages.

Last edited:

snoopy_155

Dec 6, 2017
I'm in the same situation as some of you. My application is still saying in progress and I've had no PPR request (I have been checking my spam folder) but I received an email today for a telephone lading on December 15th. I replied yes but now I wish I had told them I'm still waiting on my PPR.

I've tried calling them but can't get through! I was wondering whether I got no PPR because I don't need to send them my actual passport, just photocopied pages as I'm from the UK. But that doesn't make sense as previously we still got a PPR for those pages.
I think you have to in Canada for this interview, right? This is from email I received "Please note that this interview is only possible if you are inside Canada."

Reactions: jman25