Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Like I said before, my situation is exactly similar to yours, and I answered each of the question in your snapshot EXACTLY the way you've answered them, apart from the last one where it asks if a positive LMIA was issued. Because, to me, there is not doubt whatsoever that I have to say no. Remember, they're only interested in whether an LMIA was issued or not, they're NOT interested in WHY it wasn't issued

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Auone said:
Like I said before, my situation is exactly similar to yours, and I answered each of the question in your snapshot EXACTLY the way you've answered them, apart from the last one where it asks if a positive LMIA was issued. Because, to me, there is not doubt whatsoever that I have to say no. Remember, they're only interested in whether an LMIA was issued or not, they're NOT interested in WHY it wasn't issued

I just signed up for this thread :D but I am in the same boat as you. I am on an IEC with a job offer but no LMIA. I emailed CIC who said I should put NO to the job offer question as it is about LIMA approved jobs.

I retrospect I have changed back to the way people have advised. By answering No to the Job offer.

Yip I know I'm taking a gamble but so be it. My IEC runs out in June and I doubt I'm going to get any kind of extension because my employer pulled out of PNP.

JustAdi

Feb 12, 2015
Auone said:
Federal Skilled Worker Program is not the same as Federal Skilled Trade Program. You might have to say no ,as you are in next boat,but not in the same as mine.

Can not freakin post images... :mad:

susana

Nov 4, 2008
JustAdi said:
1.There are 2 different questions in that form.Please read once again,and again,before you suggest what is "better".You do not have to be of the same oppinion but bring some arguments. And lastly,cic says that "you MIGHT be banned" .
Follow your own advice, if your current wp was not supported by lmo/lmia the answer is NO .

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Regarding answering whether you have a job offer question, I just have one thought:

Having a job without LMIA while on a LMIA-exempt WP gets points towards the 67 points on FSWP. That why there is a series of questions after that to determine your points and therefore eligibility of FSWP.

That's why if you are on PGWP working a full time job, you can select yes to that question. Either way, without claiming you have LMIA, there is no 600. That's confirmed.

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jasonsmart said:
No I don't.
So the logic says the ITA was only send to those people who had answered yes to job offer and who only have Canadian experience. Interesting.

JustAdi

Feb 12, 2015
mf4361 said:
Regarding answering whether you have a job offer question, I just have one thought:

Having a job without LMIA while on a LMIA-exempt WP gets points towards the 67 points on FSWP. That why there is a series of questions after that to determine your points and therefore eligibility of FSWP.

That's why if you are on PGWP working a full time job, you can select yes to that question. Either way, without claiming you have LMIA, there is no 600. That's confirmed.
You are right,mf4361.It is so confusing.According to their processing times,I should expect my OpenWP next week.Hopefuly I will figure out then how it works.

Also...here is quote from CIC:
"Employers who hire foreign workers through the International Mobility Program:

*do not need an LMIA
*need to submit an Offer of Employment form (PDF, 1.56 MB) and pay an employer compliance fee to Citizenship and Immigration Canada before you can apply for a work permit.
*This does not apply to employers who wish to hire foreign workers who are eligible to apply for an open work permit. "

Probably,the SIN might somehow change the situation.Guess I will have to provide a different SIN onto JobBank,since I am going to have another WP.

Unfortunately,I still can not post links.

Ps:I have withdrawn the previous application.

asiansk

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How did you get 600 with out lmia nor pnp.

I am on your same shoes and i dont see my 600 points what is going on !!

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'd you can get 600 points suddenly. Then either God is very pleased with you or you're very close to being in serious trouble for misrepresentation.

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
devilseye said:
I am PGWP holder as well... but my question is that do we require LMO/LMIA or not?

Like many people here answer to many questions asked, "this is a million dollar question, sir" :) well, officialy you don't need LMIA to be eligible for issuing an ITA but during the 3 draws CIC held, only applicants with a positive LMIA or PNP were selected. And looks like no one knows what to expect in future.

JustAdi

Feb 12, 2015
vdlz0003 said:
What is a PGWB holder??
I don't know either ;D
A "PGOWP" means Post Graduated Open Work Permit. Persons who have an OWP do NOT need a LMIA.

"
Work permit: if granted, authorizes a temporary foreign worker to work in Canada . It sets out conditions for the worker, such as the type of work they can do, where they can work and how long they may work in Canada . Work permits can be employer-specific or open .
• Anemployer-specificworkpermitnamesthespecificemployertheworkermayworkforanditmay require an LMIA .
• AnopenworkpermitdoesnottietheworkertoaspecificjobofferoremployerinCanadaanddoes not require an LMIA ."

OVERHAULING THE TEMPORARY FOREIGN WORKER PROGRAM

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
jasonsmart said:
Like I said, I'm a PGWP holder, no LMIA. Eligible for CEC. Didn't now get 600 points for Arranged employment. But this morning, I checked my profile, I got 600 points for CRS-Arranged employment. Cheers.
Folks, I was looking at my ITA and noticed that I scored 600 points on account of Arrange Employment and not LMIA, though I have LMIA and qualified for CEC.
@jasonsmart's are you on a LMIA exempt job? This could be the only reason how you scored 600 points inspite of not having LMIA.