+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I got 600 points in a sudden this morning-PGWP holder

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
You're better off jasonsmart, you might get picked up on 413 eventually and applying on an ITA awarded as a result of a computer error would have just caused more problems for you in the long run. Speaking of computer errors, I just received an email from CIC saying my account had been updated, and it has not been. There are clearly going to be a lot of teething problems with this new system. It should have been tested or run concurrently with previous Visa programs until it was functioning... as we wait for CIC to get their act together even people who may eventually become eligible to get their PR are loosing their jobs and being forced to leave the country as their visas expire. What a mess

digitalnavneet

Feb 9, 2015
I believe the score will definitely drop below 500, but once it goes below 500 , it would be a tough competition since there are lots of candidates with score between 400-500. And once the score goes below 500, it is no necessary that the score will go down with every draw

arajat

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Forsure from all that I read most people are in range of 360 to 450 ' and that a pretty high score because we are not getting handed a free 600 points

The got points out it will hold draws without permanent job offers fingers crossed as to know when

digitalnavneet

Feb 9, 2015
Not to mention that candidates who are not residing in Canada will be in the same ranking pool as we are because Canadian experience is not giving us that many points. Some of the foreign candidates may even rank higher than us.

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jasonsmart said:
Your mistake is:

In the questions where they asked you about NOC code on current work permit you replied with NOC 2134. Now, since you are on a PGWP, your NOC code can not be written on your PGWP. Since you wrote the NOC code along with answering 'Yes' to the first 'do you have a valid job offer' question, the system by some error gave you the 600 points.

So you did answer wrong, unintentionally.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
april2014_AINP said:
Your mistake is:

In the questions where they asked you about NOC code on current work permit you replied with NOC 2134. Now, since you are on a PGWP, your NOC code can not be written on your PGWP. Since you wrote the NOC code along with answering 'Yes' to the first 'do you have a valid job offer' question, the system by some error gave you the 600 points.

So you did answer wrong, unintentionally.
Many of us has answered the same way and we havent got any 600 points.. i dont know what is wrong in that....

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
jasonsmart said:
Update:

600 are gone. It is just 413 now.
I'm very disappointed at this EE system now. CIC is just crewing us over and over.
They don't consider our feelings.
I'm so sad.
Guys, problem's solved. It was a system glitch!

CEC321

Dec 3, 2014
I believe express entry profile system does not take into account PGWP holders, It is not clear how to respond the questionnaire if you have PGWP, every body has different answer :(

JustAdi

Feb 12, 2015
I have missed the second draw due the confusing questinaire.As am in NOC that doesn't require a LMIA,I was answering wrong the last question "was a positive LMIA issued for your ... ?" . Once I changed the answer,I've been given 600points.I am now 863points,NOC 7237,and I am hopeful.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Be veey careful. I too have an LMIA exempt job, NOC 4011. we cant write that a positive LMIA was issued for LMIA exempt jobs. Otherwise, you'll get in trouble once you get ITA

JustAdi

Feb 12, 2015
As long as the work permit is still valid,there should not be any problem in my case.Mine expires in Jun.Moreover,I have already applied for extension and,again,I was not asked a LMIA .
Probably,CIC should revise a little bit their questionaires.

Are you currently working on the mentioned LMIA?

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, my position is LMIA exempt. Postdocs dont need LMIA. My work permit has been extended once, is currently valid till october, and will be extended then aswell. BUT LMIA was never a requirement, although its still a closed work permit. Since no LMIA was issued, I think we shouldn't say yes to that question. It will be treated as misrepresentation. You are right CIC needs to revise its rules. The whole point of LMIA exemption for closed work permits like ours is that we will always be useful for labour market.