+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I don't have the original of my IELTS, is that a problem for interview?

Micbm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
The IELTS I used on my application was the same used on my FSW paper application (back in 2014).
I had a scan of the exam and used a copy for the Citizenship.

Is that a problem on my interview since I don't have the original anymore (CIC has on their files...)?

Cheers

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
The IELTS I used on my application was the same used on my FSW paper application (back in 2014).

Is that a problem on my interview since I don't have the original anymore (CIC has on their files...)?

Cheers
This has been asked and addressed before. In most cases, IELTS provides two originals, if you check "for immigration" on the application form. Also, you can request for an additional report within 2 years after the test.

Most people here reported that they weren't asked to present originals of the language proof, however in some rare cases, they did. IMO, if you converse properly, they likely won't ask to see it. However, it is totally within their rights to ask for it. If you have any other language proofs mentioned in the guide, I would suggest that you take the originals of those.

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
The requirement for citizenship is a 4.0 in speaking and a 4.5 in listening. This is a really low requirement, as that score is deemed a "Limited User" according to IELTS. The description is "Your basic competence is limited to familiar situations. You frequently show problems in understanding and expression. You are not able to use complex language."

I wouldn't imagine that an officer is going to be too concerned about seeing an original copy of your IELTS results unless they think that your English skills might possibly be below that level. If you are able to maintain a conversation and understanding of what's going on, they'll likely accept a copy or just not even ask for it at all.

anamika933

Oct 29, 2017
I didn't have my IELTS original too. During my interview, the citizenship officers converse with you and understand your level of english. During my interview, the only originals they wanted to see were - Passports, all Canadian IDs, Record of Landing.. The interviewer conversed on various topics in English and never wanted to check IELTS original

Reactions: foodie69

vherpunzalan

Jul 20, 2014

Cheers
I am in the same boat as you are. I don’t have the original anymore. When did you send your application?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Same here i didn't have my IELTS originals and panicked after receiving the test/interview invite - so decided to go for a CELPIP test which costed $300+ with express option - and had it with me in the interview but wasn't asked to show it.

I agree with other comments that most probably you won't be asked for it if you demonstrated your language ability well during the interview.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
This is why it's best to request another original copy of your IELTS report within 2 years of the test, if you sent the first original in the PR application! Most people should get by with just a copy though...

roshanf

Nov 23, 2014
For all those who dont have their original IELTS report, did you or do you plan to go for your test without having a copy of the report and hope you wont be asked for it?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

For all those who dont have their original IELTS report, did you or do you plan to go for your test without having a copy of the report and hope you wont be asked for it?
1. Read the instructions, a copy of an IELTS results used for Immigration purposes is acceptable no matter how old it is!

"Choose one of the following types of language proof to submit with your application:

Results from a third-party language test

Your language test result must be equal to the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB/NCLC)/Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens level 4 or higher in speaking and listening. If you did the test in the past for immigration or citizenship purposes, we will accept the results even if it has expired."

roshanf

Nov 23, 2014
Hi

1. Read the instructions, a copy of an IELTS results used for Immigration purposes is acceptable no matter how old it is!

"Choose one of the following types of language proof to submit with your application:

Results from a third-party language test

Your language test result must be equal to the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB/NCLC)/Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens level 4 or higher in speaking and listening. If you did the test in the past for immigration or citizenship purposes, we will accept the results even if it has expired."
Thank you PMM

Micbm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Hi guys, so I had my interview without the IELTS originals. It's OK - they don't ask for original. All you need to do is speak clear english/french and it should be fine. They will assess your language as you speak.

Reactions: bringiton

rehman_naveed

Mar 23, 2018
I had my expired IELTS which I took for an interview, He asked for IELTS and I showed expired one photocopy as original was already submitted at the time of PR card. He checked and said ok.