+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i do not like living in canada

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
jckdry said:
i landed in last year june 2009 and family followed in april 2010
its just my heart felt that i am sharing
health care is not free in british columbia - its 58 $ per month - unless yr employer is paying for it
hi

would you mind telling your country of origin, thanks

dawncmartin

Jun 14, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Nurse(3012)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jckdry said:
i landed in last year june 2009 and family followed in april 2010
its just my heart felt that i am sharing
health care is not free in british columbia - its 58 $ per month - unless yr employer is paying for it
hi ,if life in Canada so difficult ,so why you let your family stayed there and in fact just April 2010 they arrived in Canada

ksa2can

Oct 18, 2010
what is your job or area of work ? it seems you didnt do your home wrok properly. why did you call your family.

your post doesnt make sense :-X

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jckdry said:
i have been here since june 2009 - almost 1 and half years
this country has alot of taxes and not many opportunities for new immigrants -
high rent
high expenses
pay about 12 -15 % tax when u spend
and pay 30 % tax when u earn
so they have 45 % of your pay and then rest u spend in high car insurances and rents and high groceries
hard to survive here without 2 jobs
some even do 3 jobs

please please dont leave your jobs in your current country in lie of getting permanent residency in canada
From which country are you coming from?

I live in Croatia, and here we pay 23% of taxes on everything we buy, from milk to electronic devices and cars. Interest rates are from 7 to 10 % when you buy a car with a loan from the bank. Mortgage interest rates are from 6 to 8%, and salary taxes are from 25 to 40%. Health insurance is expensive, and if you want to have a better quality of health service you have to pay around 50 CAD monthly. Government takes 15% for health insurance from our salary, but it is only for basic stuff, like basic medical exams and cheap medicines. If we want to rent a small condo, we have to pay around 650 CAD monthly. Food expenses are high, about 350-400 CAD for 2 people. Car insurance for medium class car is around 1800 CAD per year. There are no jobs here, people work for few month and never get payed, so I think Canada is a great place. Even if it was the same, the quality of life and opportunities are much better, so it was a good choice to send the application and if we dont like it, we can always come back here.

I don't see any big difference from Canada, except that in Croatia average salary is around 850 CAD and in Canada much higher.

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
I agree with jcdry !
I was in Canada last month and what all he is saying true.
In Ontario now they have introduced provincial tax now (same like Quebec) !
Ultimately the decision depends on cost and benefit analysis ... if you are migrating from developing countries like Gulf, India, HK, Russia, Brazil etc then cost is on higher side .....

jckdry said:
high rent
high expenses
so they have 45 % of your pay and then rest u spend in high car insurances and rents and high groceries
some even do 3 jobs

please please dont leave your jobs in your current country in lie of getting permanent residency in canada

its a country for u if u r billionaire and want to spend your money here
i am seriously considering going back to my previous country where i left a good job to come here
its all about taking the money u have - instead of giving u anything
please evaluate and think 5 to 10 times before moving here

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, Alberta has 0% of taxes. They pay only 5% of federal tax. Nobody is forcing people to live in expensive provinces like Ontario and BC.

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
echoes1978 said:
Well, Alberta has 0% of taxes. They pay only 5% of federal tax. Nobody is forcing people to live in expensive provinces like Ontario and BC.
Alberta has significantly small population with focus on oil sector. If you can get job there manage its cold seasons, then perfectly fine ;)

kabayan

Apr 28, 2010
CANADA
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-20-2010
Doc's Request.
10-18-2010; 2nd(September 2014)
AOR Received.
1st 10-18-2010; 2nd(London VO) 06-16-2011
IELTS Request
10-29/30-2010
File Transfer...
May 2012
Med's Request
October 2014
Med's Done....
October 2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
21-Nov-2014 ADVO RCvD on 23-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
Jan 2015
if you are used to the kind of pay(tax free) and benefits they provide in the middle east, it might be hard for you to cope up with canada. there are some sacrifices yes, but i guess it will be worth it especially for your children.

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why do people have wrong information about the gulf??? that its tax free, lots of money, blah blah blah..
What about the huge housing rents, traffic fines, school fees, etc are they not taxes indirectly???

Bottom line Only the strong survive if its Canada, Gulf, Europe or Asia........

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jckdry said:
high rent
high expenses
some even do 3 jobs

its a country for u if u r billionaire and want to spend your money here
i am seriously considering going back to my previous country where i left a good job to come here
its all about taking the money u have - instead of giving u anything
please evaluate and think 5 to 10 times before moving here
I am little confused, did not you get Visa tis March and Travelled in this April. Is it that six months struggle has made you give up on your canadain dream

echoes1978

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fromdubai said:
Alberta has significantly small population with focus on oil sector. If you can get job there manage its cold seasons, then perfectly fine ;)
Well, in BC is not that cold as it is in Alberta and BC offers a wide range of jobs, but expenses are much higher. For Ontario I dont know, but I dont think it is much wormer than Alberta. I have seen a lot of job offers in Alberta which are not related only to oil. Maybe it is harder for finance and IT sector, but there are a lot of opportunities for starting your own business. Specially Calgary area, which is expanding more and more and more people are coming every year from Canada and outside.

Canada is a great country, the important thing is do we have a patience, knowledge and courage to take advantage of it or not. I met a lot of people there who came with nothing and now they make a lot of money and have things which I can only imagine in my whole life here where I live currently.

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
echoes1978 said:
Well, in BC is not that cold as it is in Alberta and BC offers a wide range of jobs, but expenses are much higher. For Ontario I dont know, but I dont think it is much wormer than Alberta. I have seen a lot of job offers in Alberta which are not related only to oil. Maybe it is harder for finance and IT sector, but there are a lot of opportunities for starting your own business. Specially Calgary area, which is expanding more and more and more people are coming every year from Canada and outside.

Canada is a great country, the important thing is do we have a patience, knowledge and courage to take advantage of it or not. I met a lot of people there who came with nothing and now they make a lot of money and have things which I can only imagine in my whole life here where I live currently.
May I ask - where do you live currently ?

jckdry

Apr 28, 2009
here in bc renting a condo can cost 2000 to 3000 $ per month for 2 bedroom
most immigrants live in basement suites of someone and pay 600 to 1200 $ for 1 to 2 bedroom basement
they r not as comfortable as u lived all your life in apartments n condos or houses

taxing is ridiculously high in bc - let me assue u nothing is free here
people treat u as second class citizens - and so being and immigrant is hard here
nobody ever laughs n everyone is stressed all the time

i like respect , pride, honor and happiness in whatever i do and like to treat others with same
but here its all passive bad treatment coming from everywhere
i am from india
i plannig to leave by april 2011 as i wanna make enough for all the money i spend immigrating here

dubey

Mar 8, 2010
jckdry said:
here in bc renting a condo can cost 2000 to 3000 $ per month for 2 bedroom
most immigrants live in basement suites of someone and pay 600 to 1200 $ for 1 to 2 bedroom basement
they r not as comfortable as u lived all your life in apartments n condos or houses

taxing is ridiculously high in bc - let me assue u nothing is free here
people treat u as second class citizens - and so being and immigrant is hard here
nobody ever laughs n everyone is stressed all the time

i like respect , pride, honor and happiness in whatever i do and like to treat others with same
but here its all passive bad treatment coming from everywhere
i am from india
i plannig to leave by april 2011 as i wanna make enough for all the money i spend immigrating here

Hey man,nobody forced you to emmigrate to canada, don't come and discourage people here. He who fights and runs away lives to fight another day. There are challenges everywhere, don't even think life is a bed of roses so complaining here would not solve your problem.

shaikh sahib

Star Member
Mar 23, 2010
AEO

Drooza said:
Dear Rko

Why you have been refused three times? And what is your ielts score this time? i was being refused once. but now apply with AEO. lts see inshallah
through which consultant you got AEO, UR FROM WHICH COUNTRY. REGARDS