+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I do not have a PR Card

WednesdayBlues

Nov 11, 2017
So, there’s a tricky situation i am in at the moment. I did a soft landing on 4th August and came back to India... I noticed that my photos for PR application have been rejected and there was a request to send new ones. This was sent as an email which apparently was in my trash and i failed to send the photos in 30 days. If i want to get back to Canada again in the next 6 months or so, how can this be possible? Am I eligible to apply for a PRTD? I am not able to quite understand how it works so any explanation given will greatly help. Thanks.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
you are a PR the moment you land and sign the CoPR. A PR card or absence of one is not an indicator of valid PR status. so you can apply for PRTD. this is my understanding

WednesdayBlues

Nov 11, 2017
you are a PR the moment you land and sign the CoPR. A PR card or absence of one is not an indicator of valid PR status. so you can apply for PRTD. this is my understanding
Thank you. But is it, 100% mandatory to meet the obligation which states that one should be present in Canada for 2 years in the 5 year time ? That is the point which is confusing me and I am not too sure if one can apply for a PRTD without meeting the residential obligation?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Thank you. But is it, 100% mandatory to meet the obligation which states that one should be present in Canada for 2 years in the 5 year time ? That is the point which is confusing me and I am not too sure if one can apply for a PRTD without meeting the residential obligation?
that is to maintain or renew your PR status after 5 years.

WednesdayBlues

Nov 11, 2017
You can apply for a PRTD, period.
I am very sorry for the back and forth. I am reading Question no:19 in the PRTD application document, on what grounds can the visa officer reject my request? Because I do not meet the residential obligation, will this allow the VA to reject? I do not have any valid humanitarian or compassionate explanation that I can give. Are there possibilites that rejecting this will void my PR status too? Again, apologies to keep bugging like this but, i am running around like a headless chicken and just looking for assurance.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I am very sorry for the back and forth. I am reading Question no:19 in the PRTD application document, on what grounds can the visa officer reject my request? Because I do not meet the residential obligation, will this allow the VA to reject? I do not have any valid humanitarian or compassionate explanation that I can give. Are there possibilites that rejecting this will void my PR status too? Again, apologies to keep bugging like this but, i am running around like a headless chicken and just looking for assurance.
Is it 5 years since you did your soft landing?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On no grounds can they reject your PRTD (assuming you provide a complete application)

On no grounds can they void your PR status.

Reactions: WednesdayBlues

WednesdayBlues

Nov 11, 2017
On no grounds can they reject your PRTD (assuming you provide a complete application)

On no grounds can they void your PR status.
A complete application meaning:

1. Provide my CoPR copy/original.
2. Provide my SIN copy/original.

I have nothing else other than these two that will help validate. Will this suffice ?

WednesdayBlues

Nov 11, 2017
Then do you think Q No. 19 is even applicable in your case?
The only reason why I thought it *could* be applicable is because of fulfilling the residential obligation. This could be pretty basic but, i am unable to get my thinking straight hence needing clarifications and more so assurance that, I do not need to travel to submit for a PR Card and that i can apply for a PRTD.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
The only reason why I thought it *could* be applicable is because of fulfilling the residential obligation. This could be pretty basic but, i am unable to get my thinking straight hence needing clarifications and more so assurance that, I do not need to travel to submit for a PR Card and that i can apply for a PRTD.
You're worrying unnecessarily. If you have not been PR for 5 years how can you fulfill residency obligation of 2/5 years. You have crossed the biggest hurdle of getting PR. So relax and apply for PRTD you should get it easily

Reactions: WednesdayBlues