+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I didn't received work permit!

frskie

Mar 27, 2017
Hello!When i came to Canada as an international student, i was 18 years old, and on the border in airport i just received my study permit.Now i turned 19 years old and i would like to know how can i get my work permit?CIC website doesn't help too much, maybe someone has same problem as me?
Thank you!

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
frskie said:
Hello!When i came to Canada as an international student, i was 18 years old, and on the border in airport i just received my study permit.Now i turned 19 years old and i would like to know how can i get my work permit?CIC website doesn't help too much, maybe someone has same problem as me?
Thank you!

You don't automatically get a work permit, you have to apply for it. Assuming that your status is still international student and just finished university, then you can apply for a post graduate work permit.

frskie

Mar 27, 2017
Wonderland_1010 said:
You don't automatically get a work permit, you have to apply for it. Assuming that your status is still international student and just finished university, then you can apply for a post graduate work permit.
Thank you for your respond!
I'm still studying, and the reason is, that i have co-op program during my study, so i need to get work permit to apply for a job.My friend who came at the same time with me, received his work permit with his study permit on the border.But he was already 19 years old at the moment he came to Canada.

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
frskie said:
Thank you for your respond!
I'm still studying, and the reason is, that i have co-op program during my study, so i need to get work permit to apply for a job.My friend who came at the same time with me, received his work permit with his study permit on the border.But he was already 19 years old at the moment he came to Canada.
I am assuming that you want to apply for co-op work permit right? to apply for study related co-op job.

Raj2014

Sep 13, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
12-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-05-2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
May 9 2014
Med's Done....
May 23 2014 / IP Sep 2 2015 / DM Sep 18 2015
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
Oct 10 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 11 2015
LANDED..........
Dec 15 2015 / Already in Canada Since 2010 as Student & Worker ...Now PR
frskie said:
Thank you!
which kind of work you are willing to do ?

part time while studying ? or co op ???

If you want to do part time work while study, according to new rule, CIC doesn't issue separate work permit. Your study permit says that you are allower to work 20 hr/week during college and fulltime during schedule break.

For co op work permit, you will have to apply for a permit....

frskie

Mar 27, 2017
Raj2014 said:
which kind of work you are willing to do ?

part time while studying ? or co op ???

If you want to do part time work while study, according to new rule, CIC doesn't issue separate work permit. Your study permit says that you are allower to work 20 hr/week during college and fulltime during schedule break.

For co op work permit, you will have to apply for a permit....
I don't have anything saying that i'm allowed to work in my study permit. I guess so, i need to send my study permit to Ottawa for amendment...