+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I did my soft landing but I was not allowed to apply for PR card

Ammjyo

Jun 2, 2019
Hi ,
Planning to do soft landing next week at peace bridge . COPR issued post March 18th,2020.

Did any of you guys have COPR issued post March 18th,2020?
Did any of you guys have COPR issued post March 18th,2020?
1. Did you guys carry negative covid PCR test during soft landing ?
2. Did you update your info in ArriveCan app before soft landing ?
3. Where in USA - Walgreens , CVS etc did you take the PCR test as most of them have 2-3 days or more processing time and wondering if that would still be valid to carry for soft landing ?
4. Did you have to show quarantine plans ?

would really appreciate your response on this .

asdy

Aug 24, 2022
Simple you will need to apply for a PRTD if flying when you are ready to move permenantly or come back via the US land border and show your COPR to CBSA

When You are back you can apply for your PR card
You should satisfy Canada's residency requirements when applying PRTD right?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should satisfy Canada's residency requirements when applying PRTD right?
You can also apply for PRTD based on humanitarian and compassionate grounds if you don’t meet RO. You will need to provide evidence of why you weren’t able to meet RO. Based on your reasons you will be approved or denied a PRTD.

tanvi3692

Sep 1, 2022
Hi I did my soft landing a week ago (Aug. 26 2022). I did it via land border near Vancouver. The officer did not ask me for any address in Canada and said that i would receive my PR card wherever I got mu COPR. I don't think we get our PR card mailed outside Canada and i received my COPR in the US. He also mentioned I could use my COPR (client copy) to come back to Canada. Is that only via land border? I don't think it can be used to fly with right? And how do I provide an address in Canada now? I am confused on whether my card will arrive at my US address. The address notification tool keeps saying they aren't able to verify me which is strange. I could possibly use the Case Enquiry but I'm not sure what to do. Please help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi I did my soft landing a week ago (Aug. 26 2022). I did it via land border near Vancouver. The officer did not ask me for any address in Canada and said that i would receive my PR card wherever I got mu COPR. I don't think we get our PR card mailed outside Canada and i received my COPR in the US. He also mentioned I could use my COPR (client copy) to come back to Canada. Is that only via land border? I don't think it can be used to fly with right? And how do I provide an address in Canada now? I am confused on whether my card will arrive at my US address. The address notification tool keeps saying they aren't able to verify me which is strange. I could possibly use the Case Enquiry but I'm not sure what to do. Please help
IRCC will not send your PR card to a US address, only to a Canadian address.

You can only use your COPR to re-enter Canada if you are coming from the US through a land border crossing. Otherwise you need a valid PR card or a PR Travel Document.