+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I called CIC office just now - You may find this information useful

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
1student993 said:
Yes I am Lebanese. I am hoping that the applications that they are waiting for the month of august to give us our approvals because they know school starts in september. This is my last hope for now!
You cannot imagine my frustration... I have applied on May 12!!! And no update at all. I am going crazy... Last night I was speaking with my parents... I told them I might be the only Lebanese who is stuck in this because I could not find any on this forum. But apparently, there are others who have not joined yet! What do you mean by a CIC email? The one that says... You have an update on your application?

1student993

Jul 27, 2016
I am applying to Montreal, Quebec.. I got an email saying that 'votre demande a fait l'objet d'une mise a jour', and I've been told that it means your application have been updated yes. Did you ever get such an email?

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
1student993 said:
I am applying to Montreal, Quebec.. I got an email saying that 'votre demande a fait l'objet d'une mise a jour', and I've been told that it means your application have been updated yes. Did you ever get such an email?
I received four for those emails in the first week... Then after two months (on July 12) my application was updated by "We have received your biometrics", but without receiving an email. I saw the update suddenly on my application. Are you applying for Masters?

1student993

Jul 27, 2016
Yes I am applying for Masters. My parents applied online for a visitor's permit and they got a reply one week later. I thought online applications were faster that's why I applied online, I am regretting not doing a paper application now

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
1student993 said:
Yes I am applying for Masters. My parents applied online for a visitor's permit and they got a reply one week later. I thought online applications were faster that's why I applied online, I am regretting not doing a paper application now
I am regretting that every single moment, and I couldn't/cannot apply another one because duplicates are not allowed. So I am stuck in this waiting game.

1student993

Jul 27, 2016
I am hoping they will start replying in august..I've tried to contact everyone but the embassy never responds and vfs office say they have nothing to do with online applications..So all we can do is wait and hope for the best!!!

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
1student993 said:
I am hoping they will start replying in august..I've tried to contact everyone but the embassy never responds and vfs office say they have nothing to do with online applications..So all we can do is wait and hope for the best!!!
You do not want to know what I have done so far!!! I contacted every staff of CIC... In Lebanon, Turkey, Canada... Phone calls, emails, Web Forms... Almost every week... I received nothing except copy/paste templates... Some saying your application is in process... Others saying... We will no longer answer any further enquiries regarding your file (although they have not answered anything earlier)!!! I was supposed to be in Canada two weeks ago... I lost the apartment I had put on hold... And the ticket price has increased 400$!!

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
As far as I know(not exactly 100% sure), but your application doesn't start processing until biometrics are received. I called the CIC Number and failed to get the date until which they have started processing.

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
reason984flood said:
As far as I know(not exactly 100% sure), but your application doesn't start processing until biometrics are received. I called the CIC Number and failed to get the date until which they have started processing.
I actually asked applicants who got their visas from Ankara's office. They got the approval without any changes to their biometrics status. They got it with a status "Not needed at this time". Actually this "Not needed at this time" can only be updated after you provide your biometrics because earlier it was "required".

As for the CIC office in Canada... I tried to call them now for you... sorry buddy, they are closed. We have to call them during their working hours... Next time I call them, I will write down the extension sequence for you :D

Mohdab98

Jul 25, 2016
studentpermit said:
I applied online (from Beirut). But my application is being processed in Ankara.
How can you know where is your application being processed? Is it by the tracking number you received when you submitted biometrics?

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Where did you apply from?

bhushangosavi93

Jun 13, 2016
I want to know if I apply for a college in Ontario and once I land there and cancel the admission and take admission in Montreal's college...will that be a problem? I belong to a middle class family so I am arranging my funds through education loan. So will I be able to transfer that loan from ontario college to Montreal's college?

Need Assistance!
Email: bhushangosavi93@gmail.com

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Mohdab98 said:
How can you know where is your application being processed? Is it by the tracking number you received when you submitted biometrics?
Not really. I knew when I had emailed the CIC office where I live. They told me that online applications are processed at a hub station (Ankara - Turkey). Since yours is online and you applied from Amman, it is the same case... it will be processed in Ankara. I knew someone on this forum who applied from Jordan, like you. His/her visa got issued with Ankara stamp on it.

1student993

Jul 27, 2016
so you know someone who had their approval from ankara recently? Because I am really worried they are not even processing our applications yet