+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I called CIC office just now - You may find this information useful

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
reason984flood said:
Hush yes it does, applied June 30th. If they went two weeks ahead in 2 days, I guess by within next week they'll start processing mine.
True. I was surprised myself how fast they are moving in the past few days. I think they're speeding up on purpose because they are aware of the deadlines and the starting dates. I hope we all hear from the soon :D

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
studentpermit said:
True. I was surprised myself how fast they are moving in the past few days. I think they're speeding up on purpose because they are aware of the deadlines and the starting dates. I hope we all hear from the soon :D
When did you apply? And did you call them by Skype or something?

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
reason984flood said:
When did you apply? And did you call them by Skype or something?
I applied on May 12. No, unfortunately, I called them from my cellphone. You know when you get those hysteric moments and you do not follow your logic for a cheaper approach because you are eager for an answer. I had couple of them when I called to ask about my application :D

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
May 12, thats a long time. Im applying for the second time, first time was May 27th and got refused by 21 June. Where you applying from?

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Your processing time is 5 weeks. Hasn't your application exceeded that time?

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
reason984flood said:
Your processing time is 5 weeks. Hasn't your application exceeded that time?
Yes it did... But no one is answering my emails or informing me why it is delayed. All that I received so far is that my application is in process. I am tired of waiting to the extent I am going numb!!!

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Hopefully soon :3

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Hey student permit, i tried calling CIC today to check till where they have started processing applications but couldn't connect to an agent(probably because of weekend). But people on this site who applied in July are getting calls for interview so could be that the processing is far ahead now?

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
reason984flood said:
Hey student permit, i tried calling CIC today to check till where they have started processing applications but couldn't connect to an agent(probably because of weekend). But people on this site who applied in July are getting calls for interview so could be that the processing is far ahead now?
Hello Reason98!

You do not have to speak to an agent to find out to the latest submission dates they are processing so far. The operator states that when you are giving your application number and year of birth...

You know what? Let me call myself... I got used to the internal sequence that now I am finishing the call in less than 3 minutes... I am becoming expert :p :p

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Here's today's update - July 23, 2016

I have just called CIC Canada again and the operator has confirmed that ONLINE applications submitted after June 18th are still not processed, which means all online applications submitted before that date are in process. I hope this is helpful to some applicants ;D

Good luck everyone!

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
I just read your original post, this date only applies for applicants within Canada.

studentpermit

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
reason984flood said:
I just read your original post, this date only applies for applicants within Canada.
At first I thought it was only for applications within Canada... but since the operator provides information about my application which is submitted outside Canada... it becomes a bit confusing.

You may be right, but nothing is for sure because it does not state if the information is for applications inside or outside Canada.

KB3

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bengaluru
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
studentpermit said:
What I have realized from this call is that the CIC offices process the applications in waves (blocks of months or weeks).
This makes sense! many applicants who applied in june (paper based), before few weeks all of sudden started to get the study permit. And since last two weeks no body is getting any update.

may be this might be a reason some people are getting in 2 weeks and some are getting in 4-5 weeks (when processing time is 4 weeks in india)

IKB

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think its for online applications inside Canada coz I know one person who applied online on 21 June and got passport request on 12 July for university category from India.