+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I applied for grant of citizenship but received a letter regarding my "citizenship certificate"

eliaa

Sep 28, 2017
I recently submitted an application for grant of citizenship, but today I received a letter in the mail from the Sydney office saying that my application for a "Citizenship Certificate" is being transferred to a Program Support Unit for final review.

I never submitted an application for a citizenship certificate. I know I don't have Canadian citizenship already in any shape or form.

This is definitely a mistake on the IRCC side. I will be calling them first thing Monday to clarify what's happening.

FYI, I submitted my application in mid-November, and I received AOR on Jan 17 and status in ECAS showed In Process since Feb 4th. Since then I haven't heard anything until today.

Has anyone had this happen to them? What advice can you give me?

Thank you!
Did you call them? any updates? I am in the same situation :(

sansnom

Mar 10, 2017
OP is short for "Original Poster" which is defined as the person who started the thread/who wrote the very first post. In this case it refers to 7uss, because he/she is the person who started this particular thread.

PA doesn't have a particular meaning, I think.
loooool, how dumb I am... I though it was some initials from GCMS notes... completely forgot that I'm on a forum. :p

7uss

Apr 9, 2013
I found out that my application will go through a name change due to a mistake in my PR in the order of my first/last name. PSU is working on fixing that, but from previous posts it seems this thing delays the application at least by a full year.

sujan143

Aug 13, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
10-05-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 05/jul/16
AOR Received.
28-05-2016
File Transfer...
14/07/2016
Med's Done....
05-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2016
LANDED..........
30-12-2016
I found out that my application will go through a name change due to a mistake in my PR in the order of my first/last name. PSU is working on fixing that, but from previous posts it seems this thing delays the application at least by a full year.
Mine is a name change issue as well it was sent to program support unit does anyone have any update ?