+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I Applied for Can+ but from CGI old login system

Mar 23, 2024
I applied for Can+ visa from GCI login platform and it was rejected, today I got to know that I should apply from new IRCC portal where they only ask for my USA visa and ID card. I've filled the new form on new IRCC portal. Should I apply it again on new portal or I need to wait because the previous was visa is rejected just yesterday.

Thank you in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied for Can+ visa from GCI login platform and it was rejected, today I got to know that I should apply from new IRCC portal where they only ask for my USA visa and ID card. I've filled the new form on new IRCC portal. Should I apply it again on new portal or I need to wait because the previous was visa is rejected just yesterday.

Thank you in advance
You can reapply. There is no CAN+ application. You apply and IRCC decides whether process as CAN+. If you were refused then you must declare refusal and address reasons when reapplying. Why were you refused?

Mar 23, 2024
You can reapply. There is no CAN+ application. You apply and IRCC decides whether process as CAN+. If you were refused then you must declare refusal and address reasons when reapplying. Why were you refused?
I applied using CGI and there was no option to mention about my USA B1/B2 visa and I had to attach bank statement and all other documents there. It was refused based on 179B. I think they never considered me as Can+ so I am thinking to apply with new IRCC portal where if I say I've a valid USA visa they are asking me to give the visa number and then no bank statement etc is required.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied using CGI and there was no option to mention about my USA B1/B2 visa and I had to attach bank statement and all other documents there. It was refused based on 179B. I think they never considered me as Can+ so I am thinking to apply with new IRCC portal where if I say I've a valid USA visa they are asking me to give the visa number and then no bank statement etc is required.
So you need to apply for GCMS notes. 179B is a general reason for refusal as IRCC thinks that you will not leave. Again IRCC doesn’t have to consider you as CAN+ and now you have Canadian refusal.

Mar 23, 2024
Bu
So you need to apply for GCMS notes. 179B is a general reason for refusal as IRCC thinks that you will not leave. Again IRCC doesn’t have to consider you as CAN+ and now you have Canadian refusal.
But I applied from CGI login previously this time when I am filling form in IRCC portal, it is asking me about my USA visa and I only need to upload my passport and USA visa instead of bank statement etc... Will it make any difference? Sorry for asking again and again...

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Bu

But I applied from CGI login previously this time when I am filling form in IRCC portal, it is asking me about my USA visa and I only need to upload my passport and USA visa instead of bank statement etc... Will it make any difference? Sorry for asking again and again...
You now have a Canadian refusal so when you reapply you must declare refusal and address the reason for refusal. What was the reason for refusal - that you will not leave Canada? If so you must address it. This has nothing to do with CAN+. As said, IRCC doesn’t have to process as CAN+.

Mar 23, 2024
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.

This is what they said in refusal, Can you suggest what I should write in next application? I've a stable online business from 14 years and family, wife and 4 kids here in Pakistan which is strongest reason I am going to come back to my homeland after my trip.

Is there anything specific I can do in new application?

Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.

This is what they said in refusal, Can you suggest what I should write in next application? I've a stable online business from 14 years and family, wife and 4 kids here in Pakistan which is strongest reason I am going to come back to my homeland after my trip.

Is there anything specific I can do in new application?

Thanks!
So why did you want to visit Canada? How long was visit? How old are children? Why coming without family…strange?

Mar 23, 2024
So why did you want to visit Canada? How long was visit?
I am acutally Visitng USA from May 15 to June 4 so I want to visit Canada from 6 June to 16 June for 10 days so I can visit some lakes in Alberta province and take photographs as I am professional photographer and I like to travel the world and capture images. I will also change my return flight from NY to PAK from 4th of June to 17th of June if I get canadian visa.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am acutally Visitng USA from May 15 to June 4 so I want to visit Canada from 6 June to 16 June for 10 days so I can visit some lakes in Alberta province and take photographs as I am professional photographer and I like to travel the world and capture images. I will also change my return flight from NY to PAK from 4th of June to 17th of June if I get canadian visa.
So you need to address reasons for refusal, and show you are a genuine travel. Show itinerary with accomodation bookings, car rental and dummy air travel.

Mar 23, 2024
So you need to address reasons for refusal, and show you are a genuine travel. Show itinerary with accomodation bookings, car rental and dummy air travel.
Should I upload these in additional documents section? Because some people suggest not to provide extra documents and just upload the Visa, ID and Passport to avoid delay in results.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Should I upload these in additional documents section? Because some people suggest not to provide extra documents and just upload the Visa, ID and Passport to avoid delay in results.
You need to provide extra documents because you have a refusal and you need to address reasons. This has nothing to do with CAN+.

Mar 23, 2024
You need to provide extra documents because you have a refusal and you need to address reasons. This has nothing to do with CAN+.
So these extra documents should contain a flight ticket from NYC to Calgary and hotel booking or just flight ticket is enough? Please suggest the supporting documents so I can prepar those to avoid the rejection again :)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So these extra documents should contain a flight ticket from NYC to Calgary and hotel booking or just flight ticket is enough? Please suggest the supporting documents so I can prepar those to avoid the rejection again :)
You don’t book tickets for airfare but show a dummy booking. Hotels, you can make bookings and cancel. Same for car rental. You cannot just stay in Calgary so will be doing driving with various hotel stops on the way. Include a day to day itinerary.

Mar 23, 2024
You don’t book tickets for airfare but show a dummy booking. Hotels, you can make bookings and cancel. Same for car rental. You cannot just stay in Calgary so will be doing driving with various hotel stops on the way. Include a day to day itinerary.
BTW, I've mentioned about a friend in Calgary in my previous application that I will be staying with him at his house. Should I mention hotels this time instead of friends home stay?