+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I answer your questions regarding self-isolation, and you help me with uni project

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hi there, I'll definitely check out your link for your project and contribute especially since my IRCC experience wasn't all that ideal. Did the CBSA agent ask about your mode of transportation to your place of quarantine? Also, did you have to show a hard copy documentation of your quarantine plan or was the information you filled out on the ArriveCan app sufficient for them?
Thanks in advance! We did bring our rent agreement, but just the declaration we filled on arrival was enough, as well as final assessment in arrivecan

Reactions: Just_J

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hello @janesama I’ve been a passive observer of your posts and indeed it was so much valuable.
I wanted to know about obtaining travel authorization letter inorder to allow both SP and OWP travel together. Can you please mention email address and what needs to to be written in the letter?

I will definitely help you following the link above. TIA
Hi! Thanks :) I wish I could, but I never asked them for authorization, so can't be of much help... All I can say is if SP and SOWP are approved together, SOWP receives this authorization automatically

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hi OP

I'd love to help you with your project, but have you checked with your professors before conducting this project? You might need an ethics approval
Hi! We did, if you would go to the link then on the very first page it has our details and REB approval from our supervisor. This entire board was approved by her and it has our own names and contact info

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hi Jane, i personally wouldn't mind helping out for free. How can we contribute to this? My question is, did you have to open a bank account in Canada prior to heading there?
Hi! Basically the main contribution is going through this link and filling out as much as you can on this mirro board. The directions are written at the board – https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_khDwV_0=/

We didn't unfortunately since a foreigner needs SIN or come to bank in person. So you can open an account no sooner than 14 days pass

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
I do have a question regarding the "Quarantine!" I tried asking this question around before but I get mixed answers but I would love to hear your advice since you have traveled.
Basically, my university is located in the province of Saskatchewan, rather than paying a thousand CAD for a 14-day quarantine I prefer staying with my relatives...Now the problem with that is they live in another province, Quebec and I doubt that immigration would allow me to quarantine or issue my study permit since I am going to another province. Now my question is, will the border police/immigration deny my entry if I plan to stay in another province then travel to my final destination?

I will be prebooking my flights beforehand and I will be flying over Quebec anyway.
I think it is risky. An officer might look at the travel as discreditory and consider that main purpose of your visit is not to study. Plus, your uni got approved only because they made a quarantine plan. I'm sorry that your university is making you pay for quarantine... As far as I understand, you will get SP issued upon arrival to your province (I might be wrong though, but I remember that after baggage claim there were registration desks for transfer flight, which makes me think that you won't be able to leave the airport and thus won't see an immigration officer up until your final arrival)

Reactions: BIG_T

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hi there, which insurance did you book for your spouse and yourself? Was it an insurance for visitors?
We booked Guard.Me, this is an insurance for students and their dependants. My uni has agreement signed with them to provide temporary insurance while students wait for their provincial coverage to start

Alihandr0

Oct 22, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
Hello, do not doubt that I will support your project. Would you suggest I have a written quarantine plan? Or is it unnecessary? My flight is on December 11th. Should I add my information to ArriveCan and answer the questions now? Not being able to use cash and having a ready-made credit card was good advice. Do you have any other advice?

Thank you so much for still helping despite being in Canada.

BIG_T

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
United Arab Emirates
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
07-08-2020
I think it is risky. An officer might look at the travel as discreditory and consider that main purpose of your visit is not to study. Plus, your uni got approved only because they made a quarantine plan. I'm sorry that your university is making you pay for quarantine... As far as I understand, you will get SP issued upon arrival to your province (I might be wrong though, but I remember that after baggage claim there were registration desks for transfer flight, which makes me think that you won't be able to leave the airport and thus won't see an immigration officer up until your final arrival)
Thank youu.

Reactions: janesama

Adeti

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Hello, do not doubt that I will support your project. Would you suggest I have a written quarantine plan? Or is it unnecessary? My flight is on December 11th. Should I add my information to ArriveCan and answer the questions now? Not being able to use cash and having a ready-made credit card was good advice. Do you have any other advice?

My flight is also on december 11th where will you be landing ?

Imported

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Hi, this is a good one you are pulling. I definitely would look up your project link.

My question about quarantine is that do you advice i have my own quarantine plan or i just use that of the school(Tho i have to pay about 1000CAD which is much). Also, what is your quarantine plan like?

Thank you.

biggboss

Oct 19, 2020
Hi everyone, I am a regular on this forum and gave a lot of advice to anyone who needed it. I offer you a fair exchange – I answer all of your questions regarding my experience arriving to Canada during COVID with LOI as well as my mandatory self-isolation experience, and in return you contribute as much as you can on the mirro board regarding your IRCC experience for my project. Here is the link https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_khDwV_0=/

This is not a spam (telling this to a moderator who might consider deleting this thread), but rather a different format of gathering feedback regarding IRCC experience. The goal of the project is to come up with ways how IRCC operations (and/or communication ways) might be improved to make our experience less stressful. All of your feedback would be anonymous and you can contribute as much as you want or just express your concerns with application process – that is fine too.

I will answer any questions regarding this board as well as about my self-isolation and arrival here. I came to Canada on Nov 16th with my husband and our journey was smooth. One piece of advise though is to make sure that you have a good amount of money on your card since you won’t be able to use cash for 2 weeks for sure.
Hey it's a good initiative I'll try my best to help your project.
In return I would like to ask you regarding the quarantine plan.

How did you write your own quarantine plan and what are important points that included in your quarantine plan document?, if you don't mind can you make your quarantine plan doc as a template so that we can get good idea on it

Thanks in advance

Reactions: janesama

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020

I wrote a quarantine plan, but nobody asked me for it. ArriveCan was more than enough plus I would bring some verification for the place (booking, rent agreement, etc.). My other advice is be ready that you might run into issues while doing check-in in your country and fight for your position since for those guys approved DLI is not enough to let you board the flight

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hi, this is a good one you are pulling. I definitely would look up your project link.

My question about quarantine is that do you advice i have my own quarantine plan or i just use that of the school(Tho i have to pay about 1000CAD which is much). Also, what is your quarantine plan like?

Thank you.
Hi! My school gave me the option to stay in my rented apartment or live in the hotel for free. Otherwise I was just following what quarantine plan my apt building had in place (I live in a separate apt at dorm). Basically, I think I am spending as much as I deem important since all groceries I deliver. Ask you school whether you can stay in your own accomodation and that might save you $$$

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hey it's a good initiative I'll try my best to help your project.
In return I would like to ask you regarding the quarantine plan.

How did you write your own quarantine plan and what are important points that included in your quarantine plan document?, if you don't mind can you make your quarantine plan doc as a template so that we can get good idea on it

Thanks in advance
Hey! thanks a lot <3

I did write one on my own, but I didn't need it. Basically all people on the border and while I flew to Canada peeps wanted to see was the completed ArriveCan assessment. Your location must not be a group-living accomodation. The best advice I can give you is to learn which accomodations your particular uni or quarantine place has. For example, in my dorm the security are taking out trash I place outside of the apartment and place my food outside and go back at the safe distance. one of the questions officer asked was about "how are you going to get the food"

Imported

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Hi! My school gave me the option to stay in my rented apartment or live in the hotel for free. Otherwise I was just following what quarantine plan my apt building had in place (I live in a separate apt at dorm). Basically, I think I am spending as much as I deem important since all groceries I deliver. Ask you school whether you can stay in your own accommodation and that might save you $$$
Oh thank you.

Yes my school allows me to stay else where but i need to submit the plan to them so they can approve it. But then they recommend the school's plan 90%. My fear is that what is my plan gets rejected or something? Meanwhile the school's plan is so expensive.