+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I answer your questions regarding self-isolation, and you help me with uni project

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hi everyone, I am a regular on this forum and gave a lot of advice to anyone who needed it. I offer you a fair exchange – I answer all of your questions regarding my experience arriving to Canada during COVID with LOI as well as my mandatory self-isolation experience, and in return you contribute as much as you can on the mirro board regarding your IRCC experience for my project. Here is the link https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_khDwV_0=/

This is not a spam (telling this to a moderator who might consider deleting this thread), but rather a different format of gathering feedback regarding IRCC experience. The goal of the project is to come up with ways how IRCC operations (and/or communication ways) might be improved to make our experience less stressful. All of your feedback would be anonymous and you can contribute as much as you want or just express your concerns with application process – that is fine too.

I will answer any questions regarding this board as well as about my self-isolation and arrival here. I came to Canada on Nov 16th with my husband and our journey was smooth. One piece of advise though is to make sure that you have a good amount of money on your card since you won’t be able to use cash for 2 weeks for sure.

BIG_T

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
United Arab Emirates
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
07-08-2020
Hi everyone, I am a regular on this forum and gave a lot of advice to anyone who needed it. I offer you a fair exchange – I answer all of your questions regarding my experience arriving to Canada during COVID with LOI as well as my mandatory self-isolation experience, and in return you contribute as much as you can on the mirro board regarding your IRCC experience for my project. Here is the link https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_khDwV_0=/

This is not a spam (telling this to a moderator who might consider deleting this thread), but rather a different format of gathering feedback regarding IRCC experience. The goal of the project is to come up with ways how IRCC operations (and/or communication ways) might be improved to make our experience less stressful. All of your feedback would be anonymous and you can contribute as much as you want or just express your concerns with application process – that is fine too.

I will answer any questions regarding this board as well as about my self-isolation and arrival here. I came to Canada on Nov 16th with my husband and our journey was smooth. One piece of advise though is to make sure that you have a good amount of money on your card since you won’t be able to use cash for 2 weeks for sure.
Lots of questions to answer but I will do my best. I hope my response helps with your project

• Love
Reactions: janesama

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Lots of questions to answer but I will do my best. I hope my response helps with your project
Thank you so much! In return, feel free to ask me any questions about my journey to Canada and all that jazz

Reactions: BIG_T

rajkumar patel

Jan 9, 2020

Hello,

As I'm enrolled in winter2021 intake (jan2021), and currently I'm doing my full time job in IT company so my question is that can i continue my full time job with my "Online study" ??, which will start on 10th January
My 1st sem is Online.

Waiting for your valuable answer.

Thanking you in advance.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hello,

As I'm enrolled in winter2021 intake (jan2021), and currently I'm doing my full time job in IT company so my question is that can i continue my full time job with my "Online study" ??, which will start on 10th January
My 1st sem is Online.

Waiting for your valuable answer.

Thanking you in advance.
Hey! As to my knowledge, you can. Canada doesn't care about your employment as long as it is outside of Canada itself. Make sure to comply with conditions by doing hw, taking exams/tests, and attending classes. If you are in Canada though and working for Canadian employer, then definitely no.

Did you contribute to the link I left above?

rajkumar patel

Jan 9, 2020
Yes i
Hey! As to my knowledge, you can. Canada doesn't care about your employment as long as it is outside of Canada itself. Make sure to comply with conditions by doing hw, taking exams/tests, and attending classes. If you are in Canada though and working for Canadian employer, then definitely no.

Did you contribute to the link I left above?
Yes, i went through your link.

As I'm planning to go canada on December.
So i can do my full time job in canada which is Indian based IT company?

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Yes i

Yes, i went through your link.

As I'm planning to go canada on December.
So i can do my full time job in canada which is Indian based IT company?
I'm personally not too sure, this is the gray area. Ask others for feedback, specifically at Work permit section

Reactions: rajkumar patel

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020

Hi there, I'll definitely check out your link for your project and contribute especially since my IRCC experience wasn't all that ideal. Did the CBSA agent ask about your mode of transportation to your place of quarantine? Also, did you have to show a hard copy documentation of your quarantine plan or was the information you filled out on the ArriveCan app sufficient for them?

International_Student

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020

I'll fill it up today! Thanks for all your help :)

• Love

JK7878

Apr 28, 2019
Hello @janesama I’ve been a passive observer of your posts and indeed it was so much valuable.
I wanted to know about obtaining travel authorization letter inorder to allow both SP and OWP travel together. Can you please mention email address and what needs to to be written in the letter?

I will definitely help you following the link above. TIA

Maybe tommorow

Nov 2, 2020
Hi OP

I'd love to help you with your project, but have you checked with your professors before conducting this project? You might need an ethics approval

Muhonzajudy

Star Member
May 5, 2019

Hi Jane, i personally wouldn't mind helping out for free. How can we contribute to this? My question is, did you have to open a bank account in Canada prior to heading there?

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
Thank you for this beautiful initiative @janesama. I like the idea and as such, I've contributed the best I could to your project.

• Love

BIG_T

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
United Arab Emirates
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
07-08-2020
Thank you so much! In return, feel free to ask me any questions about my journey to Canada and all that jazz
I do have a question regarding the "Quarantine!" I tried asking this question around before but I get mixed answers but I would love to hear your advice since you have traveled.
Basically, my university is located in the province of Saskatchewan, rather than paying a thousand CAD for a 14-day quarantine I prefer staying with my relatives...Now the problem with that is they live in another province, Quebec and I doubt that immigration would allow me to quarantine or issue my study permit since I am going to another province. Now my question is, will the border police/immigration deny my entry if I plan to stay in another province then travel to my final destination?

I will be prebooking my flights beforehand and I will be flying over Quebec anyway.

Reactions: awaiss20