+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am USA and want to apply for Express entry

anubhavkapoor76

Jul 15, 2019
Hello,

I am a 35-year-old working in a Big 4 consulting firm in the USA on an H1B visa.
Due to these long waits of GC's in USA and my spouse also unable to work here due to H4 visa I am looking to move to Canada as early as possible before my kids settle up in USA.

I have started my background work and preparation for IELTS however just curious to know if all this will be worth to try for or is it too late in the game.

Thanks
-Anu

santreddy

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2020
Nomination.....
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
05-12-2020
Med's Done....
11-09-2020
Passport Req..
21-07-2021
Hello,

I am a 35-year-old working in a Big 4 consulting firm in the USA on an H1B visa.
Due to these long waits of GC's in USA and my spouse also unable to work here due to H4 visa I am looking to move to Canada as early as possible before my kids settle up in USA.

I have started my background work and preparation for IELTS however just curious to know if all this will be worth to try for or is it too late in the game.

Thanks
-Anu
Before you try, did you check your CRS score based on the experience and age factor? Seems like you are preparing for IELTS, what is your anticipation of getting a high score?

Check your CRS score in the below link:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

And read this post on how to apply for EE:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions.273928/

anubhavkapoor76

Jul 15, 2019
Before you try, did you check your CRS score based on the experience and age factor? Seems like you are preparing for IELTS, what is your anticipation of getting a high score?

Check your CRS score in the below link:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

And read this post on how to apply for EE:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions.273928/
Thanks. I have already gone through the link you provided (as I said that I have done my background research)

Also, my CRS score is fine for it.

My intention of posting this question here was that how much does age plays in the chances of getting an invitation so that I am not trying with less probability.

Thanks,
-Anu

jabrams001

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
Reactions: anubhavkapoor76

frankfz

Star Member
Jun 6, 2021
Thanks. I have already gone through the link you provided (as I said that I have done my background research)

Also, my CRS score is fine for it.

My intention of posting this question here was that how much does age plays in the chances of getting an invitation so that I am not trying with less probability.

Thanks,
-Anu
in general 5 points deducted each year starting from 30yo.

• Love

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yep this is the point i want to know.
Is this a considerable factor as i am 35 now.
What is the probability and criticality of these 5 points/year?
It depends on your overall score. Losing the age points may be a big deal or it may not be if you have a strong profile.

You want a score that is 470+

What is your estimated score?

anubhavkapoor76

Jul 15, 2019
It depends on your overall score. Losing the age points may be a big deal or it may not be if you have a strong profile.

You want a score that is 470+

What is your estimated score?
Its estimated as 480 (keeping IELTS score as 7 and 7.5 for me and spouse)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

anubhavkapoor76

Jul 15, 2019
Do you both have PhDs? How do you get that score with low IELTS. I calculated your age, with perfect IELTS and PhD and got 468.
We have a sibling out there.
I have an additional question here: If my employer is ready to transfer me to Canada with their office there, then is it something i am missing out here (as if its a different type of visa or sort of work permit)?

Thanks,
-Anu

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We have a sibling out there.
I have an additional question here: If my employer is ready to transfer me to Canada with their office there, then is it something i am missing out here (as if its a different type of visa or sort of work permit)?

Thanks,
-Anu
So you have a sibling living in Canada. Your employer has to apply for an ICT and prove that you have technical knowledge that no one in Canada has. This doesn’t give you any points. You need a LMIA exempt permit to work in Canada.

anubhavkapoor76

Jul 15, 2019
So you have a sibling living in Canada. Your employer has to apply for an ICT and prove that you have technical knowledge that no one in Canada has. This doesn’t give you any points. You need a LMIA exempt permit to work in Canada.
Ahh ok gotcha.
So i will research about this LMIA. But i am sensing its not gonna be easy.Just to set things transparent, i am hopping onto a Product base company soon from this BIg 4 consulting. Hope it helps my cause as they are pretty flexible!!

Thanks
-Anu