28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ahh ok gotcha.
So i will research about this LMIA. But i am sensing its not gonna be easy.Just to set things transparent, i am hopping onto a Product base company soon from this BIg 4 consulting. Hope it helps my cause as they are pretty flexible!!

Thanks
-Anu
If you want to be able to take advantage of the 50 job offer points, there are really two options:

1) Your employer in Canada gets an approved LMIA. This is a fairly long and involved process and many employers aren't willing to go through the effort. You can read more about the process here: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/median-wage/high/requirements.html

2) Your current employer moves you to a job in their Canadian operations under an ICT (intra company transfer) work permit. You then need to work for this employer in Canada for a full year before being able to claim the 50 points.

anubhavkapoor76

Jul 15, 2019
If you want to be able to take advantage of the 50 job offer points, there are really two options:

1) Your employer in Canada gets an approved LMIA. This is a fairly long and involved process and many employers aren't willing to go through the effort. You can read more about the process here: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/median-wage/high/requirements.html

2) Your current employer moves you to a job in their Canadian operations under an ICT (intra company transfer) work permit. You then need to work for this employer in Canada for a full year before being able to claim the 50 points.
Thanks.

The 2nd option looks more viable. Let me explore that a bit more.

Thanks,
-Anu

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks.

The 2nd option looks more viable. Let me explore that a bit more.

Thanks,
-Anu
For the 2nd option, you'll need to work for your employer outside of Canada for at least 1 year before the ICT to Canada will be possible.

Reactions: Naturgrl

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I wouldn't recommend it. Canada overpromises and underdelivers. It positions EE as a solid, safe, sustainable alternative to the hurdles of the H1B/GC process. However, it is nothing even remotely close to it.
It's a government-sanctioned scam that takes your money, gives you an overblown promise and then just ignores you. It essentially means that you still need to maintain your US status indefinitely while your Canadian PR is being processed, which can be a year, two years, three years, maybe FOREVER.

So I'd suggest looking into more transparent and honest immigration systems, like UK or the Netherlands, or maybe NZ/Australia if there's a professional fit.
IRCC is just a bunch of liars.

Reactions: upon