+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am Toronto based. Any help needed Guys and Gals? Its free !!

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
Promised said:
I'm planning to take LPN exam in the province of Ontario. But CNO is requiring for PR card or landed papers for proof of immigration status. Since deadline for submission of the requirements is on 1st week of July for Sept. 2011 exam, which i mentioned that's the time we're goin to land, can I just send them the copy of passport with the visa on it as a proof? If the Lord grants that I pass the exam, I'm planning to work in a long term care facility, will you be able to help me to find one? When is the best time to arrange short stay accomodation? Your suggestion will be highly appreciated. May the Lord bless you as you bless other people with your time.

from, Promised
Thanks a lot Promised for your wishes. Here are my suggestions to your queries:

Can I just send them the copy of passport with the visa on it as a proof?
PROOF OF PR VISA, COPY OF TRAVEL ITINERARY AND A COVER LETTER STATING EVERYTHIG WILL BE SUFFICIENT FOR YOU TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WRITE THIS EXAM.

If the Lord grants that I pass the exam, I'm planning to work in a long term care facility, will you be able to help me to find one?
YES, I CAN SURELY HELP YOU WITH A PLACEMENT HERE.

When is the best time to arrange short stay accomodation?
THERE ARE QUITE A FEW PLACES YOU CAN LOOK THEM UP. START LOOKING TWO-MONTHS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL AND IF YOU REQUIRE ASSISTANCE, JUST PM ME.

Good Luck and God bless.

hirkshah

Jul 13, 2010
Ahmedbad India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 28, 2010
Doc's Request.
Sept 30, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 04, 2010
File Transfer...
March 06, 2012
Med's Request
July 09, 2013
Med's Done....
July 31, 2013
Passport Req..
July 09, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 08, 2013
Hi bsrk68,

Thanks for offering the hand of help. It would be really helpful for all immigrants...

Our file is under process at New Delhi.....my husband has 6-7 years of experience in different banking sections in India and he would like to pursue it further in Canada.....would you suggest few courses which we can take along with job when we land in Canada? Also will it be feasible for him to devote time for studies...

He is a bit reluctant to settle in toronto as he feels that most of immigrants chose this place as home due to which it has become very crowded hence lots of competition....what would you suggest to this thought?.....

I am from clinical research industry and have done my masters in organic chemistry...where will I get more job opportunities related to my industry....in toronto or any other city??/

Also we do not have any relative there so once we land there, how should we receive our PR card....we will have not have any address to provide for delivery...same is the case for bank a/c opening process...do we really need someone there to complete such processes?

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
hirkshah said:
Hi bsrk68,

Thanks for offering the hand of help. It would be really helpful for all immigrants...

Our file is under process at New Delhi.....my husband has 6-7 years of experience in different banking sections in India and he would like to pursue it further in Canada.....would you suggest few courses which we can take along with job when we land in Canada? Also will it be feasible for him to devote time for studies...

He is a bit reluctant to settle in toronto as he feels that most of immigrants chose this place as home due to which it has become very crowded hence lots of competition....what would you suggest to this thought?.....

I am from clinical research industry and have done my masters in organic chemistry...where will I get more job opportunities related to my industry....in toronto or any other city??/

Also we do not have any relative there so once we land there, how should we receive our PR card....we will have not have any address to provide for delivery...same is the case for bank a/c opening process...do we really need someone there to complete such processes?
Ok here are your answers one by one:

1. Choice of City: Please read my other thread as below;

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/which-city-should-i-land-in-canada-t60295.0.html#new

Competition definitely is fierce in Toronto. If you wish to find less competition, you'll have to go to cities like Edmonton, Winnipeg or Ottawa. Infact Ottawa is a good choice as there are Federal Government openings in that city. Compromise you will be making: Our desi amenities and community, which are important for a lot of families.

2. For furthering a Banking Career, he can take a Canadian Securities Course;

https://www.csi.ca/student/en_ca/courses/csi/csc.xhtml?cid=ga-csc2&gclid=CJn8nt6Tj6YCFcbsKgodqUrLnw

A course in Oracle Finance or SAP Finance/SEM is also helpful in finding jobs of higher bracket. Supply Chain Management is a good option for Finance Guys too. You must devote time for studies, as thats the only way to keep growing here.

3. For youself, a course as a Medical Lab Technician is perfect. There are Private Colleges in Toronto who offer this course. Jobs are available in plenty.

4. You have to make accommodation arrangements before you land here, and simply use the same address for initial correspondence. If you happen to move, all you need to do is notify Canada Post to forward all your mails to a new address of your choice. Except the job part.....rest is easy in Canada..so relax and enjoy the ride.

Cheers

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
Abdelfattah said:
Hello

Have you some informations about Richmond Hill ,(job, appartements for rents etc ...)

Thank u
Richmond Hill is an affluent neighborhood in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area). Housing is expensive here. Not too many rental apartments. There are some office buildings in Richmond hill too. Job is as per your experience...I don't know how to pinpoint it to Richmond Hill.

L

lawrence.roy

Hi,

I live in Scarborough, I always read your replies and get good knowledge.

My question is, my brother-in-law is dependent appllication, he got PR in Feb 2010 and about to land in Feb 2011. The problem is with his current Job, which is with central government, and leaving central govt is very tough job, he said it will take nearly 4 to 6 months to releave his job, but their visa expires in March 2011, is it possible that his wife the principal applicant and his daughter come before March 2011 and then, he will come after releaving his current job, may be after March 2011?

Lawrence

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
lawrence.roy said:
Hi,

I live in Scarborough, I always read your replies and get good knowledge.

My question is, my brother-in-law is dependent appllication, he got PR in Feb 2010 and about to land in Feb 2011. The problem is with his current Job, which is with central government, and leaving central govt is very tough job, he said it will take nearly 4 to 6 months to releave his job, but their visa expires in March 2011, is it possible that his wife the principal applicant and his daughter come before March 2011 and then, he will come after releaving his current job, may be after March 2011?

Lawrence
Hi Roy,

1. His spouse, being the PA can land before him, but he can't.
2. Everyone of them, in the family, must land on or before the date the PRV expires.
3. So, if their PRVs expire by Mar2011, each one ought to land before that day. Ditto your BIL.
4. If he doesn't - his PRV expires - & it stands 'lost'.
5. Meaning? -he will need to be sponsored by his spouse. A fresh application. Time & money included.
6. That Govt. Job has a "notice pd". Tell him to serve it NOW!

Qorax

L

lawrence.roy

qorax said:
Hi Roy,

2. Everyone of them, in the family, must land on or before the date the PRV expires.
3. So, if their PRVs expire by Mar2011, each one ought to land before that day. Ditto your BIL.
5. Meaning? -he will need to be sponsored by his spouse. A fresh application. Time & money included.

Qorax

Thank you for your prompt reply, I will let my brother-in-law know this.

Regards,
Lawrence.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
qorax said:
Hi Roy,

Qorax

Thanks

Faisalsaima

Dec 28, 2010
Hi Mr. Canada

i am v new to this forum. but i was reading ur post , almost all of them.
i must congratulate u for such an outstanding gesture u are providing us .And i am so overwhelmed to us someone of our own language and country settle over their happily. May Allah give u great reward for this.

Me and my husband ar eplanning to apply soon for canada. i dont have much queries rite now as my husband have to give his IELTS first. only one thing is troubling me now alot that i did not find any one on this website applying under NOC -2175-A( Web developer)

i have checked little part of SKilled Worker community in this website also. And i am feeling v lay back now :(

it would be great if you can PLS suggest me the current situation in Toronto for Web Industries & designers!!

Best regards

Saima

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
Faisalsaima said:
Hi Mr. Canada

i am v new to this forum. but i was reading ur post , almost all of them.
i must congratulate u for such an outstanding gesture u are providing us .And i am so overwhelmed to us someone of our own language and country settle over their happily. May Allah give u great reward for this.

Me and my husband ar eplanning to apply soon for canada. i dont have much queries rite now as my husband have to give his IELTS first. only one thing is troubling me now alot that i did not find any one on this website applying under NOC -2175-A( Web developer)

i have checked little part of SKilled Worker community in this website also. And i am feeling v lay back now :(

it would be great if you can PLS suggest me the current situation in Toronto for Web Industries & designers!!

Best regards

Saima
Hi Saima, Thanks.

Unfortunately 2175 is not listed for Skilled Worker Immigration under the 29 categories. Hence he is not eligible to apply under that. He can try for an Arranged Employment Opinion from Canada to support his Immigration application. See this link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list

Good luck

Faisalsaima

Dec 28, 2010
Thanks for ur prompt reply.

sir i have checked on HRSDC website. his profession is listed in their list.
so it we should not consider NOC website for profession refernce?

so much disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
Faisalsaima said:
Thanks for ur prompt reply.

sir i have checked on HRSDC website. his profession is listed in their list.
so it we should not consider NOC website for profession refernce?

so much disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All NOCs are not eligible for Immigration. Read this list:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list

Best Wishes