+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am Toronto based. Any help needed Guys and Gals? Its free !!

hirkshah

Jul 13, 2010
Ahmedbad India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 28, 2010
Doc's Request.
Sept 30, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 04, 2010
File Transfer...
March 06, 2012
Med's Request
July 09, 2013
Med's Done....
July 31, 2013
Passport Req..
July 09, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 08, 2013
bsrk68 said:
Ok here are your answers one by one:

1. Choice of City: Please read my other thread as below;

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/which-city-should-i-land-in-canada-t60295.0.html#new

Competition definitely is fierce in Toronto. If you wish to find less competition, you'll have to go to cities like Edmonton, Winnipeg or Ottawa. Infact Ottawa is a good choice as there are Federal Government openings in that city. Compromise you will be making: Our desi amenities and community, which are important for a lot of families.

2. For furthering a Banking Career, he can take a Canadian Securities Course;

https://www.csi.ca/student/en_ca/courses/csi/csc.xhtml?cid=ga-csc2&gclid=CJn8nt6Tj6YCFcbsKgodqUrLnw

A course in Oracle Finance or SAP Finance/SEM is also helpful in finding jobs of higher bracket. Supply Chain Management is a good option for Finance Guys too. You must devote time for studies, as thats the only way to keep growing here.

3. For youself, a course as a Medical Lab Technician is perfect. There are Private Colleges in Toronto who offer this course. Jobs are available in plenty.

4. You have to make accommodation arrangements before you land here, and simply use the same address for initial correspondence. If you happen to move, all you need to do is notify Canada Post to forward all your mails to a new address of your choice. Except the job part.....rest is easy in Canada..so relax and enjoy the ride.

Cheers
I can't thank you enough for your valuable guidance...I did look at the site for financial courses and there are some mini online courses available...Can we take up those courses from India right now.......I couldn't find such information on the site........If yes, then will it be considered valid while applying for job???..If you have any idea about such distance courses which we can take up before landing, could you please suggest.....

thank you again..

Abdelfattah

Nov 1, 2010
bsrk68 said:
Richmond Hill is an affluent neighborhood in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area). Housing is expensive here. Not too many rental apartments. There are some office buildings in Richmond hill too. Job is as per your experience...I don't know how to pinpoint it to Richmond Hill.
Thank you for this information , i'm looking for a quiet town close to Toronto , what de u think about newmarket ?

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
Hi bsrk68,

It is very nice of you that your are sharing your valuable time with us.

I am an Electrical Engineer (Degree from India) with many years of experience in four different countries. Since this is a regulated category, how I can succeed working in my field. I heard that I should register as P.Eng. then only I can work. Is it difficult like doctors (with non- canadian degrees)?

Thanking you in advance.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
Abdelfattah said:
Thank you for this information , i'm looking for a quiet town close to Toronto , what de u think about newmarket ?
New Market is a good and quiet area and cheaper than Richmond Hill as well. It is a bit far from the hub of Toronto though.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
hirkshah said:
I can't thank you enough for your valuable guidance...I did look at the site for financial courses and there are some mini online courses available...Can we take up those courses from India right now.......I couldn't find such information on the site........If yes, then will it be considered valid while applying for job???..If you have any idea about such distance courses which we can take up before landing, could you please suggest.....

thank you again..
Yes if those mini courses give you credits towards the final certifications, then you can do them. Otherwise any ERP Financial Course is something you can do before landing here.

Best wishes

Faisalsaima

Dec 28, 2010
Hi again

i was going through other options i found QSW(Quebec Skilled worker). ist suitable for new comers. is't possible for one to work in toronto or other city of canada after landing as QSW?

or work visa is good?may be later we could apply for PR ?
Any suggestion are welcome

Thanks in adv

Sam

hirkshah

Jul 13, 2010
Ahmedbad India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 28, 2010
Doc's Request.
Sept 30, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 04, 2010
File Transfer...
March 06, 2012
Med's Request
July 09, 2013
Med's Done....
July 31, 2013
Passport Req..
July 09, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 08, 2013
bsrk68 said:
Yes if those mini courses give you credits towards the final certifications, then you can do them. Otherwise any ERP Financial Course is something you can do before landing here.

Best wishes
Would you mind providing some information on ERP Financial Course and how it will be helpful in Canada? Is this the system used everywhere in canada for all employers for finances.?..... I checked on the CIS site and online courses do provide credits which ranges from 3 hours to 6 hours depending on type of course......will it be helpful...?

Thanks....

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
Faisalsaima said:
Hi again

i was going through other options i found QSW(Quebec Skilled worker). ist suitable for new comers. is't possible for one to work in toronto or other city of canada after landing as QSW?

or work visa is good?may be later we could apply for PR ?
Any suggestion are welcome

Thanks in adv

Sam
If you migrate under QSW, you are expected to work in Quebec. You may obtain a work visa too (with LMO) , work in Canada for two years and apply under the Canadian Experience Class for PR.

Abdelfattah

Nov 1, 2010
bsrk68 said:
New Market is a good and quiet area and cheaper than Richmond Hill as well. It is a bit far from the hub of Toronto though.
Hi bsrk68,

i'm coming from France , i don't speak English very fluently , can i find a blingue job ?

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
hirkshah said:
Would you mind providing some information on ERP Financial Course and how it will be helpful in Canada? Is this the system used everywhere in canada for all employers for finances.?..... I checked on the CIS site and online courses do provide credits which ranges from 3 hours to 6 hours depending on type of course......will it be helpful...?

Thanks....
ERP is Enterprise Resources Planning. A lot of companies specialize in these softwares. The biggest market share is of Oracle and SAP. Other than that, there are smaller players like Siebel, Microsoft etc etc. Tey to get a course done in Oracle Financials or SAP Finance/Strategic Enterpise Management.If you can get certified in any of these, you can apply for good jobs.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
Abdelfattah said:
Hi bsrk68,

i'm coming from France , i don't speak English very fluently , can i find a blingue job ?
If you don't speak English fluently, how can you possibly apply for Bilingual Jobs? You can apply for FRENCH speaking jobs.

Benjamin Sapkota

Jul 1, 2010
kolkata, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
3rd April, 2011
thanks bsrk and qorax dada.............proud to be a bengali....n calcuttan...........

may god bless u............

Benjamin Sapkota

Jul 1, 2010
kolkata, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
3rd April, 2011
bsrk68 said:
ERP is Enterprise Resources Planning. A lot of companies specialize in these softwares. The biggest market share is of Oracle and SAP. Other than that, there are smaller players like Siebel, Microsoft etc etc. Tey to get a course done in Oracle Financials or SAP Finance/Strategic Enterpise Management.If you can get certified in any of these, you can apply for good jobs.
hi bsrk brother.....
i am very interested in fnance job.... hw can i get certified in Oracle financials or SAP finance / strategic enterprise management. in toronto.... i m landing on 3 april........ pls provide me the link for detail information

regards,
benjamin sapkota

anish79

Jan 5, 2011
Hi Bsrk,

I am in India looking for opportunities in Canada and planning for immigration.. While searching information I came across this forum. My wife and me both have approx 10 years of exp in BPO (call center) industry and we both are working on supervisory level, both are graduate. Can you suggest how to start the process as my work type in not considered under skilled. It will be a great help… Thanks

Anish