+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am Toronto based. Any help needed Guys and Gals? Its free !!

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
at9459 said:
I am landing in Toronto on 22nd.
All my relatives and freinds are busy with their holidays
I don,t know what to do because I believe even shopping centers are closed during these days.please advise
Christmas means shops are open for longer hours. Have a nice time.

Deeaar

Oct 27, 2010
ABU DHABI , UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NOC Code......
(1241-B) Oct 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2007
Doc's Request.
AUG 2007
AOR Received.
OCT 2007
IELTS Request
FEB 2008 ( Total Band 8 )
File Transfer...
MARCH 2010
Med's Request
15/10/2010
Med's Done....
26/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04/03/2011. Sent on 08/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/03/2011
LANDED..........
25 July 2011
Excellent initiative !!!!

Lets communicate. How did u find your last 10 years experience in general living and working there.

bsrk68 said:
Hello prospective immigrants landing in Toronto.

I landed here in 1999, residing here since then. Love to help new Immigrants settle down in the community. Let me know if you have any questions or anyway I could assist you.

Good Luck and Safe Landing !!
(This is not a business solicitation...just a philanthropic gesture from an immigrant who went through the grind)

sm001

Dec 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friend,

Regarding survival jobs, what type of jobs are available, pay per hour, and how many hours you can get work per day/week?

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
Deeaar said:
Excellent initiative !!!!

Lets communicate. How did u find your last 10 years experience in general living and working there.
This is a cut-paste from one of my previous notes: "I have no complaints. I landed a nice job within 15 days, but my field of work was Hospitality, which has demand in all parts of the world. So it won't be fair to compare my experience with others in different fields. Regarding my job hunting experience, well, I must say it was a mixed bag of positives and negatives. One thing I did find was that no matter what one says, Canadian Companies which have "White" bosses, are mostly tending towards racial profiling. When you land in Canada, you must not let yourself hurt with this stuff. Check your ego at the door....and move on with life." I made money on the personal front in the housing market when I sold two of my houses.One thing is for sure, that after the onset of the recessive atmosphere, jobs are really too few and far in between. You would need a solid mentor in Canada to guide you to your destination....otherwise, pretty tough(and I don't wish to sound discouraging at all)

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
at9459 said:
I am landing in Toronto on 22nd.
All my relatives and freinds are busy with their holidays
I don,t know what to do because I believe even shopping centers are closed during these days.please advise
December 22nd. is a day of much hustle and bustle here. Most people want to get their last minute shopping done. If you PM me a friend's number, I can contact them on your behalf to make sure you are taken care of. Did you arrange your stay? I would advise you to land without family, till you find a job.

niwrrehs

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Doc's Request.
January 2010
File Transfer...
January 2010
Med's Request
June 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Passport Req..
September 2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 2010
LANDED..........
March 24 2011
I am also a layout artist and can do publishing jobs like Tarpauline Layouts(Small/large format, flyers,magazine layout, pamphlets, booklets and more). Hows my chance as per your knowledge on job hiring?
Thanks

limbo999

Oct 5, 2010
bsrk68 said:
I am of Indian Origin (if that matters at all) !! :)
hi bsrk68!

it matters in a sense i wanted to see who is that kind enough coming forward with an offer like that. i salute you and your country. keep it up buddy and may your god reward you for that.

all the best.........

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
Benjamin Sapkota said:
thnks bsrk 68............for ur kind gesture..........

hw about average monthly expense for a sngle person in missisauga ???? (including rent, gas,groceries.... etc....)

regards,
benjamin
Here's the approximate breakdown for a single guy (again this is if you live economically)
Rent = $400 (sharing) / $650-700 (Basement apartment) / $850 (1BR Apartment in a regular area)
Groceries = $200
Transportation (Transit) = $150
Miscellaneous = $200
If you buy a used car for lets say $3000, you subtract the Transit cost, and add $150 for fuel and $250 for Insurance. BTW my office is in Mississauga too (Derry and Goreway crossing)

Hope this helps.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
niwrrehs said:
I am also a layout artist and can do publishing jobs like Tarpauline Layouts(Small/large format, flyers,magazine layout, pamphlets, booklets and more). Hows my chance as per your knowledge on job hiring?
Thanks
When you land in Toronto, I will introduce you to a whole bunch of people who are into that kind of work. The skill that you possess will take you places...believe me. Keep in touch.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
sm001 said:
Hello Friend,

Regarding survival jobs, what type of jobs are available, pay per hour, and how many hours you can get work per day/week?
Survival jobs range from General Labour in factories, Security Guards, Restaurant Cashiers/Customer Service etc. If you speak reasonable good English, you will be hired. The minimum wage in Ontario now is $10.25 per hour and you should expect to start around that. Hours purely depend on the employers and their requirements....its hard to pinpoint this. A normal workweek is 40 Hours/week and after 44 hours per week, employer is bound to pay you overtime pay (Time and Half). Hope this helps.

niwrrehs

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Doc's Request.
January 2010
File Transfer...
January 2010
Med's Request
June 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Passport Req..
September 2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 2010
LANDED..........
March 24 2011
bsrk68 said:
When you land in Toronto, I will introduce you to a whole bunch of people who are into that kind of work. The skill that you possess will take you places...believe me. Keep in touch.
thats great! thanks bsrk68... we'll be landing to toronto this coming march. hope to have contact with u friend.

ArshadAli

Star Member
Jun 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
AOR Received.
20-10-2010
IELTS Request
done
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waitinig
Passport Req..
waiting
bsrk68 said:
Hi Daak,

Please PM me. I would not want to share my personal email in this forum. I hope you understand.
Nice work brother,one question,what about the education of children above 18 age? is that free in canada and if not what are the expenses in canadian govt universities

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
ArshadAli said:
Nice work brother,one question,what about the education of children above 18 age? is that free in canada and if not what are the expenses in canadian govt universities
Hi Arshad,

Education is free in Canada upto High-school graduation. Ostensibly, Kids who are 18+ will have to pay their way through College/University. University education in Canada is quite expensive and depending on your Child's acumen, might wish to choose the right field. Here are some approx. cost examples (upto Graduate level):
1. Dentistry: $150,000
2. Medicine: $200,000
3. Nursing: $40,000
4. Pharmacy: $30,000
5. Accounting/Commerce: $30,000
6. Law: $60,000

OSAP Loan (Ontario Student's Assistance Program) is available to eligible kids.

Ofcourse college education is a bit cheaper than University education, but most programs don't lead to a degree, which is always essential to study further. I am a bit biased towards the Healthcare field to be honest and I would put my kids ONLY in the healthcare field, just because they will NEVER have to face job shortages in North America. If not Medicine or Nursing, atleast a Medical Technician.

Hope this helps.

ArshadAli

Star Member
Jun 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
AOR Received.
20-10-2010
IELTS Request
done
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waitinig
Passport Req..
waiting
bsrk68 said:
Hi Arshad,

Education is free in Canada upto High-school graduation. Ostensibly, Kids who are 18+ will have to pay their way through College/University. University education in Canada is quite expensive and depending on your Child's acumen, might wish to choose the right field. Here are some approx. cost examples (upto Graduate lev
thanx brother for giving such a nice information,but these fee is for a year or for full course of 4 or 5 years?

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bsrk68 said:
Hi Arshad,

Education is free in Canada upto High-school graduation. Ostensibly, Kids who are 18+ will have to pay their way through College/University. University education in Canada is quite expensive and depending on your Child's acumen, might wish to choose the right field. Here are some approx. cost examples (upto Graduate level):
1. Dentistry: $150,000
2. Medicine: $200,000
3. Nursing: $40,000
4. Pharmacy: $30,000
5. Accounting/Commerce: $30,000
6. Law: $60,000

OSAP Loan (Ontario Student's Assistance Program) is available to eligible kids.

Ofcourse college education is a bit cheaper than University education, but most programs don't lead to a degree, which is always essential to study further. I am a bit biased towards the Healthcare field to be honest and I would put my kids ONLY in the healthcare field, just because they will NEVER have to face job shortages in North America. If not Medicine or Nursing, atleast a Medical Technician.
Hope this helps.
Good details