+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am Toronto based. Any help needed Guys and Gals? Its free !!

Jo2011

Dec 2, 2010
Hi Bsrk

Can you please guide me on the scope for HR jobs in Toronto, I have 6 yrs experience in recruitment. We got our PR and planning to migrate mid of 2011

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
goodwill said:
hi bsrk68
very informative thread.
please can u tell me which is the best place in toronto to live for a single mother with kids.(pak family)
I mean from security point and different accomadities nearby.Do u think missisuaga is good or toronto for them.
thanks.

There are bad pockets in Toronto and Mississauga. I suggest you stay near Dundas and Hwy 10 (in Mississauga) OR Don Mills and Eglinton area where there's a big Pakistani community. Try to stay in a high rise condo building which will make you feel safer. Stay away from Jane/Finch, Keele/Finch, Some pockets of Downtown Toronto area.

Good luck

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
Jo2011 said:
Hi Bsrk

Can you please guide me on the scope for HR jobs in Toronto, I have 6 yrs experience in recruitment. We got our PR and planning to migrate mid of 2011
In just one word: FANTASTIC. I wish I was an HR guy myself. Contact me when you are here and we'll take it from there.

Safe landing !!

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Hi bsrk68,

You are a noble soul. God bless you.

Seasons's greetings, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

Cheers....

res042010

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2009
Doc's Request.
21-01-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
28-01-2010
Med's Request
15 Aug 11
Med's Done....
21 aug 11
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24 Sep 11
VISA ISSUED...
15 Nov 11
LANDED..........
Inshallah by mid 2012
If any one wants to rent a house from India before landing which docs are needed?

archbiggy

Oct 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi, bsrk68, just a few questions and maybe you could shed light on a few matters that has been bugging me. I'm a father with one daughter and I'm hoping to apply earliest of january. You posted here that a basement apartment would cost around $800, is that in the city of toronto itself or is that in the greater toronto area? If its outside the city, how long is the commute to the city? Will that be enough for my family, we're really not looking for that big of a space. Also, how much on average do we have to pay for telecom (telephone, internet, cable tv). And lastly, right now, between toronto and vancouver, where would you suggest i try out first? btw, I'm a filipino architect with a good number of years of experience (with family, wife and daughter, although they will just follow once I have settled down in canada myself). Thanks a lot in advance and keep posting.

farima

Star Member
Jan 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April, 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov, 2010
Med's Request
19th July, 2011
Med's Done....
18th Aug, 2011
Passport Req..
27th Sep, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24th Oct, 2011
LANDED..........
28 April 2012
nice post. its helpful!

canada73

Nov 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@bsrk68...... keep up the good work my friend on helping others in making their new life in Canada.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
vermas said:
Hi bsrk68,

You are a noble soul. God bless you.

Seasons's greetings, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

Cheers....
Thanks and I wish you all the same.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
canada73 said:
@ bsrk68...... keep up the good work my friend on helping others in making their new life in Canada.
Thanks and happy holidays. Stay warm...its damn cold last few days Brrr !!

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
archbiggy said:
hi, bsrk68, just a few questions and maybe you could shed light on a few matters that has been bugging me. I'm a father with one daughter and I'm hoping to apply earliest of january. You posted here that a basement apartment would cost around $800, is that in the city of toronto itself or is that in the greater toronto area? If its outside the city, how long is the commute to the city? Will that be enough for my family, we're really not looking for that big of a space. Also, how much on average do we have to pay for telecom (telephone, internet, cable tv). And lastly, right now, between toronto and vancouver, where would you suggest i try out first? btw, I'm a filipino architect with a good number of years of experience (with family, wife and daughter, although they will just follow once I have settled down in canada myself). Thanks a lot in advance and keep posting.
Thanks for your query. You see, basement apartments are available in every part of Toronto and GTA (except some High-end like Rosedale or Lakeshore). $800 was an approximation. Some basements even start at $600 (My brother has rented out his for $650) and he has a one-bedroom basement. These apartments are only starters. Eventually you will have to move out to a proper accommodation of your own....and yes these basements are sufficient for small families. I have lots of Fillipino friends who can help you locate them.

Other Stats:(Per Month)
Telephone = $10.00 per month (VoIP Phone, North America Calling comes included) Don't even think about Rogers or Bell. Those are expensive and waste of money.
Cable TV: Rogers/Bell $40 (Taxes in)
Internet: $35 (High Speed)
Cellular Phone: $30-$40 Approx. Try Wind Mobile or Mobilicity (they have unlimited plans)

Honestly, I am biased towards Toronto. Vancouver is a nice city, but very very expensive, and also job opportunities are fewer than Toronto. Best wishes and safe landing !!

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
res042010 said:
If any one wants to rent a house from India before landing which docs are needed?
Nothing really. Just say you are a new immigrant. Landlords who want to rent to you will do, others will refuse. But you wont be homeless here...no worries !! There are plenty of housing options.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
ArshadAli said:
thanx brother for giving such a nice information,but these fee is for a year or for full course of 4 or 5 years?
Oh sorry. This is an approximate fee structure for the entire program (4 years and higher). This is Tuition Only.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
humsafar said:
Hi, bsrk. I must salute u. For ur unconditional offer to help. The world can be a much better place with people like u and other sincere seniors here.

Can u advise. How dificult it is to get a job in general insurance field in canada. I m a chartered insurer. Variou people in my field advised me that it is not easy to get job in insurance sector if u do not jave canadian wualification and experience. My chartered insurer qualification are considered near to apex in insurance qualification ib europe and asia.
I will really appreciate your reply, and request explorer and other immigrants to chip in too. Btw I have Pakistani origin.

P.s. If possible give an idea of renumerations in general insurance as well as insurance loss adjuster sectors
Hi Humsafar,

This is not my domain, but I will try to answer your question to the best of my limited ability. Yes you will need a LLQP certification to practice Insurance in Canada. See the following links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LLQP
http://www.thetrainingcentre.ca/faq.html
http://www.durhamcollege.ca/llqp/main.php?lang=eng

Having said that, since your qualifications are near apex in your country, you might be eligible to directly write the exam. Please approach Durham College for the same. Also try to get your qualifications accredited at World Education Services (link below) before you land here...to get a head start.

http://www.wes.org/application/apply_now.asp

I have no knowledge on the pay structure, but can definitely say from what I heard from others, it is very very good.

Best wishes

niwrrehs

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Doc's Request.
January 2010
File Transfer...
January 2010
Med's Request
June 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Passport Req..
September 2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 2010
LANDED..........
March 24 2011
hi BSRK68
how about for a filipino registered nurse for toronto. do i need to study for me to get toronto nursing license? or some short course only? hows the bridging program? help plssss. Thanks