+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am Toronto based. Any help needed Guys and Gals? Its free !!

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bsrk68 said:
This is a cut-paste from one of my previous notes: "I have no complaints. I landed a nice job within 15 days, but my field of work was Hospitality, which has demand in all parts of the world. So it won't be fair to compare my experience with others in different fields. Regarding my job hunting experience, well, I must say it was a mixed bag of positives and negatives. One thing I did find was that no matter what one says, Canadian Companies which have "White" bosses, are mostly tending towards racial profiling. When you land in Canada, you must not let yourself hurt with this stuff. Check your ego at the door....and move on with life." I made money on the personal front in the housing market when I sold two of my houses.One thing is for sure, that after the onset of the recessive atmosphere, jobs are really too few and far in between. You would need a solid mentor in Canada to guide you to your destination....otherwise, pretty tough(and I don't wish to sound discouraging at all)
Hey my friend ,I don't agree with your comments "[u]One thing I did find was that no matter what one says, Canadian Companies which have "White" bosses, are mostly tending towards racial profiling.when you land in Canada, you must not let yourself hurt with this stuff.[/u]"

I have been living in CANADA for 14 years ,I never felt such a matter.All depends on your ability to perform the job.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
Kanamen said:
Hey my friend ,I don't agree with your comments "[u]One thing I did find was that no matter what one says, Canadian Companies which have "White" bosses, are mostly tending towards racial profiling.when you land in Canada, you must not let yourself hurt with this stuff.[/u]"

I have been living in CANADA for 14 years ,I never felt such a matter.All depends on your ability to perform the job.
Sure you have the right to disagree with my comments and I appreciate the fact that there still are some people out there who haven't experienced profiling in any manner. Unfortunately, I hear this sort of thing almost on a daily basis from people who have first-hand experienced this gruesome reality. I still loudly disagree with your comment "All depends on your ability to perform the job". I wish that was the case in reailty...wouldn't that be a perfect world ??

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
BSRK 68,

Weldone. I appreciate people that behave the way youre doing. Your God will surely bless you.

You answer each question with reasonability.

Thank you.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
BSRK: This may sound silly, but I was so pleased to read your response to at9459. I felt so bad that he was landing so close to Christmas with no one around. Thank you for offering your help. I can check him off my list of worries now.

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Hi!!

Any guidance for choosing/approaching the taxi services once we have finished immigration at Pearson?
We are three but have some 10 pieces of luggage! All fairly large!

Thanks for your help.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honolulu said:
Hi!!

Any guidance for choosing/approaching the taxi services once we have finished immigration at Pearson?

Thanks for your help.
I always called them before buying my car, 905-602-0000, they are fast and cheap also, call a Van since you have lots of luggage. The charges of Van are $10 extra.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
explorer101 said:
I always called them before buying my car, 905-602-0000, they are fast and cheap also, call a Van since you have lots of luggage. The charges of Van are $10 extra.
Thanks @explorer101. Yes I have used them too and you are right about the services.
Good luck

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
Honolulu said:
Hi!!

Thanks for your help.
I think you are already in conversation with me if I am not mistaken, via Avishek....am I right? Please write to me directly in my mail ID and I'll make sure you are well taken care of. Just send me your itinerary too.

Best wishes.

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
Pippin said:
BSRK: This may sound silly, but I was so pleased to read your response to at9459. I felt so bad that he was landing so close to Christmas with no one around. Thank you for offering your help. I can check him off my list of worries now.
@Pippin: The very fact that you worry about someone whom you don't even know...shows your magnanimity. My salutes to you buddy !!

EnvioZA

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 22
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
15th Feb. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
13/5/2011
Med's Done....
17/5/2011
Passport Req..
9/8/2011
Excellent initiative.
+1 from me brother.
-zahed

Tonucml

Oct 17, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bsrk68 said:
@ Pippin: The very fact that you worry about someone whom you don't even know...shows your magnanimity. My salutes to you buddy !!
My immigration processing is going on. Medical report sent to svo. When i will land then must contact with you.

ashu0044

Star Member
Jun 18, 2010
Kolkata -India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Nov-2009
Doc's Request.
19-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
17-May-2010 (2nd AOR)
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
27-Jan-2010
Med's Request
5-Oct-2010
Med's Done....
27-Oct-2010
Passport Req..
5-Oct-2010
VISA ISSUED...
11-Feb-2011
LANDED..........
April 2011
Dear Bsrk

I am a MBA (Retail operation) with 5 years exp. in real estate sales.

Now suggest me which field will be better for me in canada - Retail or Real estate

Ashu

bsrk68

Dec 15, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/1999
LANDED..........
09/12/1999
ashu0044 said:
Dear Bsrk

I am a MBA (Retail operation) with 5 years exp. in real estate sales.

Now suggest me which field will be better for me in canada - Retail or Real estate

Ashu
Dear Ashu,

In Real Estate practice, you will face many hurdles due to a new ruling: See link below:
http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/eng/03293.html

Also you will need to take 6 courses here to get a license from RECO (Real Estate Council of Ontario). See link below:
http://www.orea.com/index.cfm/ci_id/10346/la_id/1.htm

I would suggest to start a career with Retail before getting into any of real estate so that you are well stabilized and willing to take your chances.

Good luck

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
Hi, bsrk. I must salute u. For ur unconditional offer to help. The world can be a much better place with people like u and other sincere seniors here.

Can u advise. How dificult it is to get a job in general insurance field in canada. I m a chartered insurer. Variou people in my field advised me that it is not easy to get job in insurance sector if u do not jave canadian wualification and experience. My chartered insurer qualification are considered near to apex in insurance qualification ib europe and asia.
I will really appreciate your reply, and request explorer and other immigrants to chip in too. Btw I have Pakistani origin.

P.s. If possible give an idea of renumerations in general insurance as well as insurance loss adjuster sectors

goodwill

Star Member
Jun 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad/london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2008
Doc's Request.
4-6-2009
AOR Received.
19-06-2008
IELTS Request
already given
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
17-10-2010
Med's Done....
15-11-2010
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
15-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-6-2011,d/m 28-06-2011,got passports back 6-07-2011
LANDED..........
inshalla in mid september 2011
hi bsrk68
very informative thread.
please can u tell me which is the best place in toronto to live for a single mother with kids.(pak family)
I mean from security point and different accomadities nearby.Do u think missisuaga is good or toronto for them.
thanks.