+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am still waiting for Tr to Pr foreign workers

Feb 4, 2021
I am waiting for TR to Pr for foreign workers. I also heard from next year there will be occupation based invitation then how will foreign worker get tr to pr. Can some one update how will foreign workers get pr in future.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am still waiting for TR to Pr for foreign workers. I also heard from next year there will be occupation based invitation then how will foreign worker get tr to pr. Can some one update how will foreign workers get pr in future seems like all doors are closing for the foreign workers whose work is not in shortage list.
No one knows the answer to that yet.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am waiting for TR to Pr for foreign workers. I also heard from next year there will be occupation based invitation then how will foreign worker get tr to pr. Can some one update how will foreign workers get pr in future.
TR to PR was created due to Covid. Would not make plans assuming that TR to PR will be available in the future especially as it was during Covid. You should review the existing economic immigration programs. It does seem like in general Canada is try to target specific jobs and industries because the current system attracts a lot of thesame professions although there is no need for that profession in Canada. For example there is a need for nurses, person support workers, etc but there is no need for pharmacists but the FSWP favours approving pharmacists.

Feb 4, 2021
TR to PR was created due to Covid. Would not make plans assuming that TR to PR will be available in the future especially as it was during Covid. You should review the existing economic immigration programs. It does seem like in general Canada is try to target specific jobs and industries because the current system attracts a lot of thesame professions although there is no need for that profession in Canada. For example there is a need for nurses, person support workers, etc but there is no need for pharmacists but the FSWP favours approving pharmacists.
Yes looks same to me. But all those who are already working if they don't get pr then that would also create shortage? So in my view all those who are already working in canada must also be considered specifically. Also people are living here more then two years waiting for something good they will not feel well going back to their home country because they have already left there. What do you think?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes looks same to me. But all those who are already working if they don't get pr then that would also create shortage? So in my view all those who are already working in canada must also be considered specifically. Also people are living here more then two years waiting for something good they will not feel well going back to their home country because they have already left there. What do you think?
Working in Canada in no way guarantees PR especially for working for a few years. There are people who have lived in Canada for a long period of time on WPs Or have worked for decades as illegal immigrants. Immigration is a huge balancing act and a selfish process for the home country. Canada is really trying to secure immigration from immigrants that can help the Canadian economy and fill the labour shortages in specific industries, provide employees in lower paying jobs and attracting higher skilled workers in the hopes of growing the economy and innovating. Realistically Canada isn’t concerned about all workers getting PR. May sound harsh but that’s the truth. Canada has already made getting PR quite easy compared to many countries. During Covid it became too easy to get PR so students didn‘t have to finish their studies and you get PR soon after arrival in Canada. This would would not work longterm. Sean Fraser even said that this would result in too many people applying for PR in Canada and therefore having to cut back on spousal sponsorship, economic immigration from abroad, etc.

Feb 4, 2021
Working in Canada in no way guarantees PR especially for working for a few years. There are people who have lived in Canada for a long period of time on WPs Or have worked for decades as illegal immigrants. Immigration is a huge balancing act and a selfish process for the home country. Canada is really trying to secure immigration from immigrants that can help the Canadian economy and fill the labour shortages in specific industries, provide employees in lower paying jobs and attracting higher skilled workers in the hopes of growing the economy and innovating. Realistically Canada isn’t concerned about all workers getting PR. May sound harsh but that’s the truth. Canada has already made getting PR quite easy compared to many countries. During Covid it became too easy to get PR so students didn‘t have to finish their studies and you get PR soon after arrival in Canada. This would would not work longterm. Sean Fraser even said that this would result in too many people applying for PR in Canada and therefore having to cut back on spousal sponsorship, economic immigration from abroad, etc.
Ok, I know that you are right. But different people have different situations that only those people know not others. Many people come here not to earn dollar because they were earning more then here at their home country but for some good reasons. I can not say anymore because my words will not change the reality. And reality is what you have mentioned.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ok, I know that you are right. But different people have different situations that only those people know not others. Many people come here not to earn dollar because they were earning more then here at their home country but for some good reasons. I can not say anymore because my words will not change the reality. And reality is what you have mentioned.
Still not an argument for TR to PR Programs for the general public. You would make it too easy to secure PR for the general public. Canada wants to have more control on who gets access to PR and when. Covid times were very unusual when it made sense to offer PR to people already in Canada to meet your PR targets but prevent travel to Canada.

Reactions: Maheshsharma80