+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am Pakistani and UK national currently in USA seeking asylum in canada.i need help!

Fizaammar

Feb 15, 2018
No one here can help beyond what has already been said.
I have no money left to support me and my kids.i have no option but place a refugee claim on human rights .
I don't want to die on the name of hounour just because I tried to move on in my life .i am going to claim asylum I am just afraid if they deport me to britan he is waiting to kill me sooner o later I don't want to die I want to live for my kids

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately you are not eligible to apply for asylum if you can't enter Canada so you also would not be eligible for welfare from the Canadian government. Perhaps your family can help you? As previously mentioned due to your status in the UK you also won't be eligible.

Last edited:

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
No one here has said you can't claim, only that the chances of it being successful are negligible. The process for a UK national will be quick (probably a month or 2) to determine your status. If it's rejected, you will be removed from Canada. One of the forms you will have to sign is a departure order when you claim. As soon as you are rejected, the departure order goes into effect and ultimately becomes a deportation order if you don't comply. Realistically, all you are doing is delaying what you should have done from the start. Several of the links provided by others address these issues in the UK. If you haven't yet contacted these groups and made significant efforts to deal with the issue, you will find that the refugee system in Canada isn't particularly amiable.

gavendano

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
To reiterate what everybody else is saying: You should go back to the UK and seek protection through the British authorities.
The UK is a huge country, if you feel your ex would kill you, then you could have moved to another city and hide. It seems you didn't even try this at first.

It will be extremely difficult to prove that the UK authorities are not able to protect you.

R

rish888

The UK is still a EU country, therefore you are an EU citizen.

Why not try one of the 27 non-UK EU countries instead of Canada?

I know the whole Brexit thing brings about some uncertainty but I'm sure that they'll work out some sort of agreement that preserves that status of British nationals living in the UK.

kfay2019

Feb 11, 2018
I am British national basically from Pakistan i have 3 small kids I am currently in USA trying to seek asylum in canada I don't have any 1 in uk accept my X husband who giving me death threats. Who believes killing on the name of honor.he already tried once in Pakistan 4 months back while I am visiting my family in faislabad.
Even I don't feel safe in uk he chase me most of the time when I try to report against him in uk. police replied : we can't put person behind bars only on your doubts .he gave me threats I am afraid of my life.. my life literally become hell in uk I can't live under the fear of death in this situation I can't even able to give healthy life style to my kids.my kids have no confidence they live in fear of losing their mum .I can't stay in uk any more I am going in deep depression I need help n guide .
I tried to cross border twice on British passport but they rejected me how can i made a refugee claim ?I can't go back I know he gonna kill me 4 sure .
When u cross border US to Canada what happened
I am British national basically from Pakistan i have 3 small kids I am currently in USA trying to seek asylum in canada I don't have any 1 in uk accept my X husband who giving me death threats. Who believes killing on the name of honor.he already tried once in Pakistan 4 months back while I am visiting my family in faislabad.
Even I don't feel safe in uk he chase me most of the time when I try to report against him in uk. police replied : we can't put person behind bars only on your doubts .he gave me threats I am afraid of my life.. my life literally become hell in uk I can't live under the fear of death in this situation I can't even able to give healthy life style to my kids.my kids have no confidence they live in fear of losing their mum .I can't stay in uk any more I am going in deep depression I need help n guide .
I tried to cross border twice on British passport but they rejected me how can i made a refugee claim ?I can't go back I know he gonna kill me 4 sure .
When u cross border canada what they told you and British passport no on arrival in Canada?

kami_mail

Sep 7, 2018
Asylum in the US won’t work for her! She will be jail once
as much as I know:
Under federal law, anyone from another country can seek asylum — and therefore entry into the U.S. — by claiming to have fled their countries out of fear of persecution over their race, religion, nationality, political opinion or membership in a particular social group. Immigrants are eligible to apply for asylum for up to one year after their entry into the U.S., and can apply whether they entered the country legally or illegally. Immigrants who have been in the country longer than one year can also apply for asylum status if they meet certain criteria, according to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, an agency of the Department of Homeland Security. More recently, asylum seekers have also been granted status due to their gender and sexual orientation.

Medoxtar

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
as much as I know:
Under federal law, anyone from another country can seek asylum — and therefore entry into the U.S. — by claiming to have fled their countries out of fear of persecution over their race, religion, nationality, political opinion or membership in a particular social group. Immigrants are eligible to apply for asylum for up to one year after their entry into the U.S., and can apply whether they entered the country legally or illegally. Immigrants who have been in the country longer than one year can also apply for asylum status if they meet certain criteria, according to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, an agency of the Department of Homeland Security. More recently, asylum seekers have also been granted status due to their gender and sexual orientation.
You need to go and make more search on USA asylum seekers then you’ll get the updated fact.

CasualAsylum

Sep 11, 2018
You do have the option of claiming refugee status in Canada but the likelihood of your case receiving a positive decision from RPD is slim to none.