+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am Pakistani and UK national currently in USA seeking asylum in canada.i need help!

Fizaammar

Feb 15, 2018
I am British national basically from Pakistan i have 3 small kids I am currently in USA trying to seek asylum in canada I don't have any 1 in uk accept my X husband who giving me death threats. Who believes killing on the name of honor.he already tried once in Pakistan 4 months back while I am visiting my family in faislabad.
Even I don't feel safe in uk he chase me most of the time when I try to report against him in uk. police replied : we can't put person behind bars only on your doubts .he gave me threats I am afraid of my life.. my life literally become hell in uk I can't live under the fear of death in this situation I can't even able to give healthy life style to my kids.my kids have no confidence they live in fear of losing their mum .I can't stay in uk any more I am going in deep depression I need help n guide .
I tried to cross border twice on British passport but they rejected me how can i made a refugee claim ?I can't go back I know he gonna kill me 4 sure .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am British national basically from Pakistan i have 3 small kids I am currently in USA trying to seek asylum in canada I don't have any 1 in uk accept my X husband who giving me death threats. Who believes killing on the name of honor.he already tried once in Pakistan 4 months back while I am visiting my family in faislabad.
Even I don't feel safe in uk he chase me most of the time when I try to report against him in uk. police replied : we can't put person behind bars only on your doubts .he gave me threats I am afraid of my life.. my life literally become hell in uk I can't live under the fear of death in this situation I can't even able to give healthy life style to my kids.my kids have no confidence they live in fear of losing their mum .I can't stay in uk any more I am going in deep depression I need help n guide .
I tried to cross border twice on British passport but they rejected me how can i made a refugee claim ?I can't go back I know he gonna kill me 4 sure .
As a British national, you have zero chance of claiming asylum in Canada. You need to seek assistance in the UK.

Fizaammar

Feb 15, 2018
I tried... they do give me council house but failed to protect me n my kids from his death threats .I have no one in uk I had stopped going out from his fear . He use to beat me up .and now when I filed divorce he get more aggressive and wants to kill me. I made many complaints against him but he douge police so police end up saying that :we don't have enough proofs.
I can't able to live healthy life because of him. being a single mum and no support around I feel terrible.
I do have family in canada and can see healthy bright future of my kids in canada .

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Agreed. There is virtually no chance of success for a refugee claim. Having tried twice to enter Canada, you are obviously now flagged in the system and chance are slim to none they will grant you entry anytime in the near future. You could always try for assylum in the US, since you are there, but I suspect that will be fruitless as well.

Reactions: scylla and zardoz

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
As you have already been denied entry twice into Canada, it makes no sense to keep trying. You probably should consider applying for asylum in the USA, given that you are currently on USA soil.

Fizaammar

Feb 15, 2018
People missguide me they said "you don't need to do asylum at border because u can enter canada on UK passport and can made claim after "
I shouldn't listen to them.
I have no option left but have to claim protection.
Data from the HBVAN estimates there are 12 honour killings in the UK each year.The crimes are usually aimed at women, and can include abductions and beatings.no wonder I might be one of those next 12 victim this year.
Canada always welcome those who need help so why not me ! Just because I am British ?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Having uk residence is one of the reasons. The other is you could return to Pakistan. The UK is a “designated country of origin”, meaning it doesn’t usually produce refugees. There are rights and freedoms there to protect you.

Too much time and too many resources are spent reviewing these unfounded claims.

Designated Countries of Origin include countries that do not normally produce refugees and respect human rights and offer state protection.

The Designated Countries of Origin policy is meant to deter abuse of the refugee system by people who come from countries generally considered safe.

Fizaammar

Feb 15, 2018
I don't have family in USA and I hurd people going canada from USA .seeking asylum .compare to USA I can see better future in canada .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't have family in USA and I hurd people going canada from USA .seeking asylum .compare to USA I can see better future in canada .
They do - but they aren't UK nationals. The fact you are a UK national effectively guarantees you're going to be refused.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I don't have family in USA
Not making light of your situation, but genuine refugees wouldn’t care if they had family in a particular country or not.......as long as they are safe. Claiming refugee status does not give you the right to pick and choose where you go.
Another thing to consider, despite being in Canada, your husband could simply apply for an eTA and come to Canada as well. Your problems won’t necessarily be solved by coming to Canada or the US. You need to have the authorities in the UK deal with the problem. You have family in Pakistan and that didn’t seem to help you there. What makes you think it will be different in Canada?

Reactions: visatest and jman25

Fizaammar

Feb 15, 2018
I know what I been through and going through.no one claim refugee just for fun .not claiming refugee in USA is not just because of family but the way trump treated Muslim.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
As noted already, you have little chance of success. You will be removed from Canada and sent back to the UK or Pakistan when rejected, and because you are a UK resident, it will be decided very quickly.

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
I know what I been through and going through.no one claim refugee just for fun .not claiming refugee in USA is not just because of family but the way trump treated Muslim.
I must agree with everything that has already been relayed to you in regards to your plight. While we can sympathize with everything you have said to us and understand that you have a real fear, Canada's immigration laws simply will not allow you to claim refugee status here. You have already been refused twice and it matters not what you say to us here because at the end of the day you have to satisfy the requirements set out by IRCC, not us, to make such a claim. They've determined that you're ineligible; your best bet is to go back to the UK and seek the representation of a Lawyer.