+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am Diabetic would i be rejected my PR in Canada?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

pop8455

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Hi, I am a Type1 diabetic with no complications as such, no eye glasses but hba1c jumped from 6.7 to 7.2 during lockdown. Creatinine is 0.7 (slighly on lower side rather than high).. Will such case cause problem in medical test?
Hey - Type 1 diabetic here awaiting PR. No issue at all, my medicals are passed and on my gcms notes it’s just down as “Has a condition for which the potential demand on health or social services is not sufficient to exclude admission under Section 38(1)(c)”.

I’m on insulin pump, libre etc too so I guess expensive lol. Hba1c was 7.4 when I had my medical (6.9 now, I’ve went down in lockdown - less eating out I guess!). No need to worry and good luck in your application!

Reactions: Miracle2018

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Really depends on your overall health especially your kidneys which often become damaged with diabetes. The cost of insulin is quite high in Canada so it will be important to move to a province with drug coverage or to find a job that offered extended benefits plan.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/type-1-diabetes-insulin-costs-1.5079939
yeah as of now, my company and my spouse company both cover the Insulin. yes costs can be pretty high once i had to pay from pocket. Lets hope jobs remain intact during these tough times.

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Hey - Type 1 diabetic here awaiting PR. No issue at all, my medicals are passed and on my gcms notes it’s just down as “Has a condition for which the potential demand on health or social services is not sufficient to exclude admission under Section 38(1)(c)”.

I’m on insulin pump, libre etc too so I guess expensive lol. Hba1c was 7.4 when I had my medical (6.9 now, I’ve went down in lockdown - less eating out I guess!). No need to worry and good luck in your application!
Your response is of GREAT help to me as you can understand the problem we T1 guys face.

What all we need to show during the test. Are you already in Canada or were tested outside Canada?.
I have gone to a walk-in clinic 2 times for refill of a prescription, apart from that I don't have a family doc. I got an Endocrinologist assigned this week only. I heard we need to show a letter from some family or treating doctor but i don't have one since I am relatively new here.

Did you took some documents to your IRCC medical panel doctor.. My creatinine level is around 64 umol/L (0.72 mg/dL). Anything else also is being checked there for diabetes? Sorry can you please give your rough age just to make sure age doesn't cause a problem in their consideration. I am aged 40+ now.

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Really depends on your overall health especially your kidneys which often become damaged with diabetes. The cost of insulin is quite high in Canada so it will be important to move to a province with drug coverage or to find a job that offered extended benefits plan.

thanks for ur guidance. As 90% people are Type2 diabetic so I am worried if being Type1 can cause issue if hba1c is little high 7.2. Do you know how kidney is measured. My doctor always tests creatinine etc which appears to be ok 0.72 reading. Any other test that should be done to check my internal health for diabetic perspective?.
I am getting tested in Canada as on Work permIT I am not sure if that can cause any difference... As very few Type 1 diabetics are around who can share their experience so it makes our life a bit tough when trying for PR.
Lets hope we all get what we looking for.

pop8455

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Your response is of GREAT help to me as you can understand the problem we T1 guys face.

What all we need to show during the test. Are you already in Canada or were tested outside Canada?.
I have gone to a walk-in clinic 2 times for refill of a prescription, apart from that I don't have a family doc. I got an Endocrinologist assigned this week only. I heard we need to show a letter from some family or treating doctor but i don't have one since I am relatively new here.

Did you took some documents to your IRCC medical panel doctor.. My creatinine level is around 64 umol/L (0.72 mg/dL). Anything else also is being checked there for diabetes? Sorry can you please give your rough age just to make sure age doesn't cause a problem in their consideration. I am aged 40+ now.
Tested outside of Canada, in the UK. Just provided some of my reports from the diabetic clinic with the consultants comments and that was it (these reports are normally quite brief in the UK). There really wasn’t much concern from the doctor at all, they just seemed happy to see stable control and noted my medication. Some of my past hba1cs were on the report which were like 8.5 etc.

I’m in my late 20s but I don’t think age is a factor either. They will just note your type 1 diabetes as a condition under the medical profile I mentioned previously and allow admission. No need to worry !

mikeratnam

Jan 28, 2021
I am diabetic too and I received email few days ago that my visa is ready for issuance and I should send copies of my passport. If ur diabetes is under control then there is no chance that they will reject your application.

Faisal
did u mention that u have diabetes while you had ur medical test ?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Dec 19, 2021
I am applying for PR in Federal Skilled Worker Program which is supposed to open on Jan 1st. I am recently diagnosed of diabetes and it is in control. I am using a single pill which would keep my blood sugars below normal just like any other individual. If i hide this fact and apply for PR would this be a problem? would they come to know during my medical? If i am letting them know while applying would that impact my PR application and get rejected as i read some medical conditions can reject my application..

Is there anyone over here who applied for PR with Diabetes and was approved or some one who hid the fact and still got approved? I was even told by doctor that i can stop medication gradually in few months as i have my sugar levels in control. btw i am just 26yrs old.
Hey Ramesh did you applied for immigration how they respond about diabetes.

Dec 19, 2021
Hi, This Mir From Pakistan,
I am writing this post to know about the Canadian Inadmissibility on medical ground, diabetic will be a problem to get immigration to Canada ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thanks for ur guidance. As 90% people are Type2 diabetic so I am worried if being Type1 can cause issue if hba1c is little high 7.2. Do you know how kidney is measured. My doctor always tests creatinine etc which appears to be ok 0.72 reading. Any other test that should be done to check my internal health for diabetic perspective?.
I am getting tested in Canada as on Work permIT I am not sure if that can cause any difference... As very few Type 1 diabetics are around who can share their experience so it makes our life a bit tough when trying for PR.
Lets hope we all get what we looking for.
Would make sure your job comes with a extended health benefit plan or you will have significant expenses as a diabetic in Canada.

MonikaT2D

Jan 20, 2022
Am Type 2 taking two pills morning and night and indulin 16 in the morning and 12 in the night. Will this be problem. My HBA1C is under control. Below 6.5