+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am Canadian Citizen, filing spousal (dependent) application for my Indian wife. Birth certificate not available.

tan_sur69

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Hi.

I am a Canadian Citizen, filing a spousal (dependent) application for my wife (currently in India).
She does not have a birth certificate but has a passport and tenth class marks certificate.

In the Checklist, refer to Part B (Supporting doc for sponsored persons) in the link below, Is a Birth certificate mandatory? if the passport and tenth class mark list are submitted.
What other supporting documents need to be submitted in absence of a birth certificate? Is an affidavit from parents is required?

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5533e.pdf

Everest0047

Nov 11, 2021
Hi there, if you are applying through a lawyer he can draft an affidavit and that should do the trick. If not, find a lawyer that is kind enough to help you with that. I hope that helps

tan_sur69

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
I have got the affidavit from the lawyer. Do i need to send the original affidavit with the application or copies will work?

Everest0047

Nov 11, 2021
Doesn’t really matter but I would recommend to Send the original one. However, get it scanned just in case if you need it in future for reference. Thanks

Reactions: tan_sur69