+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am a Canada PR holder. Wanted to inquire about how my dependent mother can go with me?

misstchopra23

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
New Delhi, India
Hi there!

I have recently received Permanent Residency(PR) for Canada. I know it is a news to rejoice but I am a bit worried too. Here's why:

Actually, I stay with my mother who is employed as a teacher in Delhi, India. It's just the two of us and I can't leave her alone here as she is 60 years old and I do not have any helpful relative who can take care of her for a few months till I am able to apply for her super visa after I spend time in Canada.

Can someone please guide me how can she go with me for a few weeks to stay with my cousin in Canada and then come back to India? I haven't decided my dates of flying from India to Canada because I first want to sort this out. This cousin brother of mine stays with his family in British Columbia. He had also gone on a PR with his wife and two kids in 2016. This cousin is my mother's real aunt's grandson. That means my mother and his mother are second cousins. And my mom's bhua's (paternal aunt) daughter is my mom's cousin sister. He is ready to sponsor/invite my mom on tourist visa post which I will apply for her super visa, basis whatever the process is.

How can I go about the process? Is there an alternate for taking her along? Any provisions by the Canadian government to offer help in such a case? Obviously, I can't leave my mom stranded here in India. And believe me, I have spent years to see this dream of mine of going abroad becoming a reality. Have led a very basic life, saved most of my salary money, and really burned my blood and sweat to reach here. So, if anyone can guide me how to put my savings to her benefit, it would be a great help! I can't stay away from her and so can't she. And after a few weeks, she will return back to do her job here in India and manage everything...while I will work there to save money for the supervisa requirements.

As far as what I have read, one needs to give proofs for these 4 things to establish ties to the home country:

1. Funds (We have in her name - Bank statement, FD etc)
2. Property (We have in her name)
3. My father's documents - we are unable to arrange because of them staying separately but not divorced
4. Employment letter - she is not getting as the school she works for is giving us excuses by quoting her age as the reason.

Any form of suggestion is welcome!

Thanks
Tajesvita
Email id: misstchopra23@yahoo.in

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi there!

I have recently received Permanent Residency(PR) for Canada. I know it is a news to rejoice but I am a bit worried too. Here's why:

Actually, I stay with my mother who is employed as a teacher in Delhi, India. It's just the two of us and I can't leave her alone here as she is 60 years old and I do not have any helpful relative who can take care of her for a few months till I am able to apply for her super visa after I spend time in Canada.

Can someone please guide me how can she go with me for a few weeks to stay with my cousin in Canada and then come back to India? I haven't decided my dates of flying from India to Canada because I first want to sort this out. This cousin brother of mine stays with his family in British Columbia. He had also gone on a PR with his wife and two kids in 2016. This cousin is my mother's real aunt's grandson. That means my mother and his mother are second cousins. And my mom's bhua's (paternal aunt) daughter is my mom's cousin sister. He is ready to sponsor/invite my mom on tourist visa post which I will apply for her super visa, basis whatever the process is.

How can I go about the process? Is there an alternate for taking her along? Any provisions by the Canadian government to offer help in such a case? Obviously, I can't leave my mom stranded here in India. And believe me, I have spent years to see this dream of mine of going abroad becoming a reality. Have led a very basic life, saved most of my salary money, and really burned my blood and sweat to reach here. So, if anyone can guide me how to put my savings to her benefit, it would be a great help! I can't stay away from her and so can't she. And after a few weeks, she will return back to do her job here in India and manage everything...while I will work there to save money for the supervisa requirements.

As far as what I have read, one needs to give proofs for these 4 things to establish ties to the home country:

1. Funds (We have in her name - Bank statement, FD etc)
2. Property (We have in her name)
3. My father's documents - we are unable to arrange because of them staying separately but not divorced
4. Employment letter - she is not getting as the school she works for is giving us excuses by quoting her age as the reason.

Any form of suggestion is welcome!

Thanks
Tajesvita
Email id: misstchopra23@yahoo.in
I sympathize with your plight, but there’s nothing special you can do for her. You apply for a TRV for her like everyone else.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-visitor-visa.html

Although if the school can’t issue her her employment letter if she is legitimately employed, that’s stupid of them.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
She needs to apply for a TRV. All of the forms you enter are not mandatory, but they would all help to prove her ties to India and to convince IRCC hat she will return once her TRV expires.

All you can do is put together as much proof as possible to apply. If TRV is granted she can travel with you. If it's rejected, she will be unable to travel with you and there is nothing you can do about this.

Note that for supervisa, you will need a letter of full time employment in Canada at a certain income level to qualify.

Also note that even a supervisa is temporary. At some point, the insurance costs associated with supervisa will become too expensive, or her stays granted in Canada will be shorter. You need to prepare for the time where she will be no longer to come to Canada. If you are lucky enough to meet income requirement for 3 years AND get selected in lottery you an maybe apply to sponsor her for PR, but there is no guarantee of this. So at some point in the future you may need to decide between keeping your PR status or staying with your mother in India.