+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I already paid for OWP along with my PR application and ROPR fees. But When I am applying for SOWP, I am being asked to pay 255 again?

demonpreet

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi!

I paid a total of 1355 when I submitted my application for PR as a spousal nomination.

Now, I have received AOR, I am applying SOWP and I am being asked to pay 255 again.

Can someone help me to understand how to fix this

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi!

I paid a total of 1355 when I submitted my application for PR as a spousal nomination.

Now, I have received AOR, I am applying SOWP and I am being asked to pay 255 again.

Can someone help me to understand how to fix this
Without knowing specifics: this comes up not infrequently, there are several possibilities and courses of action:
-one is it's a reminder that it should be paid without requesting payment, and the recipient misapprehends. No action required.
-two is it's a mistake and the recipient can contact IRCC and ask them to check. Downside is it might take long(er).
-three is it's a mistake and getting paid gets it processed quicker than trying to sort out who's right, the applicant gets a refund later. The refund might be delayed of course. But IRCC always seems to pay it back.
-four the applicant does owe the money, and paying fixes the problem.

Reactions: demonpreet

demonpreet

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Without knowing specifics: this comes up not infrequently, there are several possibilities and courses of action:
-one is it's a reminder that it should be paid without requesting payment, and the recipient misapprehends. No action required.
-two is it's a mistake and the recipient can contact IRCC and ask them to check. Downside is it might take long(er).
-three is it's a mistake and getting paid gets it processed quicker than trying to sort out who's right, the applicant gets a refund later. The refund might be delayed of course. But IRCC always seems to pay it back.
-four the applicant does owe the money, and paying fixes the problem.
Thanks for your response:

So, just to clarify the scenario:
While I was applying for PR, I paid for PR as well as OWP.
Now, that I am applying for OWP, there is no option to select that I have already paid for my OWP. It is asking for 255 to be paid at the end of the application.
Can i select the option, i am exempt from payment and explain how i have already paid and attach the receipt.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for your response:

So, just to clarify the scenario:
While I was applying for PR, I paid for PR as well as OWP.
Now, that I am applying for OWP, there is no option to select that I have already paid for my OWP. It is asking for 255 to be paid at the end of the application.
Can i select the option, i am exempt from payment and explain how i have already paid and attach the receipt.
You can do that. I have no idea if it will work.

Or you could try calling and spending ages on the phone and seeing if you can get them to correct it.

Or it it is time sensitive for you, you could even if it is paying twice and trying to get the refund later.

Your decision. I think I've already hinted which I think is the most effective - personal opinion only - but you have to decide.