+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I’m Canadian citizen married US citizen I have PR in US going to Canada

bedas

Apr 30, 2011
I’m Canadian citizen married US citizen I have PR in US going to Canada

I’m Canadian citizen married US citizen in 2001 in US. I have PR in US from 2002 and both of us working in US. We are going to live in Canada as soon as possible. I do not have home or job in Canada and I have to sponsor my wife.
What are pros and cons to apply inboard or outboard, which process has pas of less resistance?
I my case it is balance between being together and getting ahead financially faster and which process is smother( Less requirements) indoor or outdoor? We make just average wages

1) If we apply outboard - I do understand outboard take less Time.

If both of us stay and work in US I read:
a) “First of all, there is no minimum income requirement for spousal sponsorship” and” I just need to include proof of your intent to return to Canada.” What this actually mean?

What happen if I do not have residence or work in Canada before the sponsorship is finalize?

b) If I go work to Canada rent house and wife will work in US and come to visit me?
We will be separated for long time and financially is not best situation as we will be renting two places. We make just average wages.

C) If I go work to Canada and my wife quit the job in US, stay with me for 6 month a time? This may be financially better than if she stay and work in US but we will be together.

2) If we apply inboard

Can I apply before I have job? If I do apply and my wife quit the job in US, stay with me for 6 month a time? How much longer compare to “Outboard “will take for my wife before she can work in Canada? Can she stay 6 Mo at time with me?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: I'm Canadian citizen married US citizen I have PR in US going to Canada

You should post your question in the Family Class section of this site rather than Federal Skilled Worker:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/family-class-sponsorship-b5.0/

And before you post in Family Class, read the first post of the following thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html

G2009

Star Member
Jan 20, 2010
Re: I'm Canadian citizen married US citizen I have PR in US going to Canada

Your wife can work in Canada on TN visa. In the meantime you can sponosor her. As an American citizen, she she will have no problem of staying in Canada or working in Canada.