+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

husband was asked to come for interview in ghana

skylady1

Feb 28, 2012
hello all,
i just discoverd this site and i have some question i want everybody to help me with...i lived in canada and my hubby in nigeria..i submited his application to missisauga in december 2011 got approved early feb 2012 recently we got an e-mail that he should come for interview in june...
why are they calling him for interview i dont know and why was it schedule for june?
pls all,share with me what are the question they may possibly ask him..so he could prepare
we got married in 2010 but just applied in 2011.
thanks for your response.

M

myboo

My dear first be happy the gave u june as ur interview date..there are some 2010 applications that are still in process with no interview date..I am nigeria and my husband is nigerian got married last year..see my timeline so far..if all goes well at the interview ur hubby will get his visa so pray for that..may I know exactly when u sent in ur application?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
skylady1 said:
hello all,
i just discoverd this site and i have some question i want everybody to help me with...i lived in canada and my hubby in nigeria..i submited his application to missisauga in december 2011 got approved early feb 2012 recently we got an e-mail that he should come for interview in june...
why are they calling him for interview i dont know and why was it schedule for june?
pls all,share with me what are the question they may possibly ask him..so he could prepare
An interview is requested when there are concerns regarding the admissibility of the applicant. The major reason for spousal applicants to be interviewed is doubts concerning the genuineness of the relationship. There may be other concerns as well.

You have time to order your GCMS notes, which I suggest you do. That should give you some indication of why the officer wishes to interview your husband and will help you prepare to address those concerns.

The date in June is the next available time they can allot, most likely.

SweetG

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dont worry dear...I think I've only heard of 1 couple that went through the accra visa office without an interview...and their application wasnt a spousal one, it was 2 doctors coming for work...

Anyways all the people I personally know who sponsored spouses, went for an interview in Accra.....I dont think they even bother to look at your application when it first gets there, they just send an interview request. June is not bad at all for accra...if all goes well your hubby will get the visa same day!!!

Just go through your application, make sure he is comfortable answering questions about you and your relationship.

I know a couple that got married 1 week after seeing eachother for the first time, they communicated for 2yrs prior by phone/email....and she got her visa SAME day.

It shall be well, Accra timeline is 15months....so 6 months is actually GREAT, God is in control.

skylady1

Feb 28, 2012
thanks guys...i have been worried since i got that e-mail. i taught they would just ask him to bring his passport for visa.
@myboo i sent his application dec i6th cic received it on the 19th.got approved feb 9th ..on 28th we got a letter to come for interview.
'r yu in canada too?im also a nigerian.

@charlied10 i submited our wedding pictures along with certificate,wat other geniueness are they looking for?
also with our baby birth certificate with copies of western union.

@sweetG amen and amen i pray we all end it well in jesus name.

my concerns are we got married in 2010 but applied in 2011 ..hope they wont ask why we wait so long?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
skylady1 said:
@ charlied10 i submited our wedding pictures along with certificate,wat other geniueness are they looking for?
They are looking for a demonstrated development of your relationship from beginning, to marriage to the birth of your child, to the present time. Anyone can get married and have a child, these things of themselves are not sufficient for Canadian immigration to prove that your husband didn't marry you in order to get status in Canada. You really need to order your GCMS notes and find out why they called for the interview.

M

myboo

my dear dont be worried o....your hubby will do fine, like someone else said just tell ur hubby to study your applications that is what u guys put down before...i swear if then give me june as date i go just dey dance atlanta.....shall i live in kingston and yes o i be omo naija...where about are u?

skylady1

Feb 28, 2012
@charlieD10 what is GCMS and how to find out why they call for interview.thanks again.

@myboo..ok will start dancing bumper to bumper lol..proudly nigerian.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
GCMS = the system used at the visa offices to enter notes on the application files. You may order the GCMS notes (formerly called CAIPS notes) in order to learn what the visa officer thinks about your application. Here are the instructions for filing the request:

A. It can be applied for on behalf of us, by a relative or friend who is in Canada as a PR or a citizen or just staying there out of immigration legalities.

B. Payment can be made by Cheque / Money Order / Credit Card

C. A total of two forms are required to be filled up –

i. IMM5475E – Download from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf
Details – To be filled up and signed by the Applicant.
How to fill up (Preferably in Capital letters) –
Tick the box “I authorize Citizenship and Immigration Canada and Canada Border Services Agency to release information from my case file to the following individual.”
1. Applicant's Full Name
2. Applicant's DOB
3. Name of Applicant's Visa Office Eg. New Delhi
Name of Country of Visa Office Eg. India
Type of Application Eg. Permanent Residence
4. Applicant's file number
5. Family Name of Requester
First Name of Requester
6. Name of firm of the Requester (if applicable)
Mailing Address of Requester
City of Requester
Province of Requester
Country of Requester
Postal Code of Requester
Telephone number of Requester
E-mail Address of Requester
7. Signature of Applicant and Date
Signature of Dependent and Date

ii. IMM5563 – Download from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5563.asp
Details – To be filled up and signed by the Requester
How to fill up (Preferably in Capital letters) –
Section A
Requester's reference number: Blank

Applicant's Family Name: Surname
Applicant's Given Name: First Name
Applicant's DOB:
Tick the box “Consent included”
Same as above 4, for every dependent

Tick the box "Access to Information Act ($5.00 fee included)"
Tick "in English"
Not very sure about this, but Tick “Receive hard copy (paper)” or “E-mail (smaller files only – only under 25 pages)”

Section B
Tick "GCMS" under "REQUEST FOR"
Write Name of Embassy with Name of Visa Office in brackets by the side of the above line. Eg. Canadian High Commission (New Delhi)
Visa file number: Applicant's file number by the side of the above.

Section C
If paying by Cheque or Money Order check first box and fill details
If paying by Credit Card, the payer has to fill up form IMM5667E (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5667E.pdf)

Section D
Tick "This request is submitted by a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or an individual present in Canada"
Requester's Full Name
Requester's Telephone no.
Requester's Mailing Address
Requester's Email Address
Requester's Signature & date

D. Requester has to attach any document of his which confirms his/her PR / Citizenship status along with the other forms.

E. Send all of this to
Access to Information and Privacy Division
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th floor
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

skylady1

Feb 28, 2012
charlieD10 what is different between

REQUESTER AND APPLICANT. WHICH ONE AM I ENTITLED TO?
GOD BLESS YOU.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
You are the requester, your husband is the applicant.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
skylady1 said:
@ charlied10 i submited our wedding pictures along with certificate,wat other geniueness are they looking for?
That is not enough to prove your relationship is genuine. This is probably one of the reasons they want to interview him. From now until the interview, continue gathering evidence of how you communicate with each other: email, Skype, phone bills, instant messages, Facebook, letters, whatever. For emails, Skype, and im you can either get a log showing how often you communicate; you can get phone bills - if you are using phone cards, switch to a land line or use a phone card company that will give you a printout of the numbers called; if you send letters or packages, keep the envelopes to prove when it was sent.
You should have lots of photos of the two of you together as well, and photos of each other with the other's friends and family.
my concerns are we got married in 2010 but applied in 2011 ..hope they wont ask why we wait so long?
They will definitely ask why you waited. So what was your reason? There are acceptable reasons, after all.

At the interview they will ask you husband about the history of your relationship. They will also expect him to know a lot about your life in Canada, and about your child.

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
CharlieD10 said:
An interview is requested when there are concerns regarding the admissibility of the applicant. The major reason for spousal applicants to be interviewed is doubts concerning the genuineness of the relationship. There may be other concerns as well.

You have time to order your GCMS notes, which I suggest you do. That should give you some indication of why the officer wishes to interview your husband and will help you prepare to address those concerns.

The date in June is the next available time they can allot, most likely.

Accra generally calls people for interview. It happens to be one of those Visa offices that makes applicants feel like the case of a Horse having to pass through a need hole.I don't see any reason for concern as long as your relationship is real and your hubby is confident.

SweetG

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with Fernendez...I know people from India and philippines that submit LESSSSS evidence than anyone from accra would ever and they get visa without an interview...Only God knows why...

I think its because of all the fraud and fake documents people provide they want to see the actual person in front of them.I dont believe they think your relationship is not genuine, thats whow they work, spousal= interview. SIMPLE.

Have faith, order your GCMS notes, maybe by the time you get them, they might of actually looked at your file.

Get more evidence of the continuity of your relationship, ask hubby to get phone records from ghana as well.

It shall be well with you.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
skylady1 said:
hello all,
Dont worry about the interview my husband also received first interview letter on oCtober 2011 we still didnt have the time and date. I also got married the end of 2010 and applied in 2011 because i didnt have any source of income, what is your cause of not applying right after marriage?