+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian & compassionate application

Zefears

Dec 23, 2017
Hi guys,

I’m now in month 7 since they started processing my application for PR on H&C grounds.
I had a temporary residence record for a year and it expired this past on Oct 4th. Before that day I applied to extend my stay as a visitor while waiting for a decision on H&C.
Today I received a refusal letter for the extention application.
I have not received any news from H&C. If I leave now there is a very high risk of not being approved for PR.

What options do I have to extend my stay while they process my H&C?

unajam

Dec 19, 2018
How long it takes to get First Stage Approval ?
Does anyone knows CIC is processing which month applications in Dec 2018 ?

dimpu

Jun 14, 2016
Actually good news (goes to show that unless you know the full story one cannot make assumptions and provide expertise). The application was moved to in progress and it's AIP approved 1st stage. I am expecting smooth sailing from here on.

canuck78 - you cannot really have an opinion on the degree of difficulty on an application unless you know the whole story. Nobody said that they were residents of this country with a good education system and social welfare. Just that my parents were living there. You made assumption of status immediately.
Hey dear don’t worry, I understand ur situation. I lost my parents in 2016 and have dependent brother who is not in Canada. I applied for his H&c and to help u out, i applied on 30th January 2018, application went in progress on 20th october, medical req on 20th December. U will get through this tough time. Will keep u in my prayers. I can’t wait but learning to be patient because nobody has control over it and someone told me, if u can’t control, there is no point to worry abt it. U will get the updated status soon

hurricane_loop

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Hi guys,

I’m now in month 7 since they started processing my application for PR on H&C grounds.
I had a temporary residence record for a year and it expired this past on Oct 4th. Before that day I applied to extend my stay as a visitor while waiting for a decision on H&C.
Today I received a refusal letter for the extention application.
I have not received any news from H&C. If I leave now there is a very high risk of not being approved for PR.

What options do I have to extend my stay while they process my H&C?
Why you don't call the CIC by yourself, you should have application number now, you can find that in your GCMS notes, try to contact them 1-888-242-2100, and explain your situation, they might help you and advise, let them know that you had temporary status, you could apply for a work permit, ask them and say I'm in a difficult situation, until you get your H&C decision, as you applied August, you could get a response soon as from my experiences in these forums, you might have an answer by April. don't leave the country at the moment.
Good Luck

Reactions: Zefears
Feb 25, 2016
I already sent my Human and Compassionate process to CIC Vancouver but How I will know which its my application number in orden to follow up my process? Thanks for your help

Zefear

Apr 12, 2015
Quick update on my status:

Day 529 since application received: First stage approval arrived!

August 30, 2017: Application received
May 1st, 2018: Application in process
September 15th, 2018: file added to GCMS
February 11th, 2019: First stage Approval

Edit note
I’m the same user who opened the thread, don’t know why the forum is not recognising me

Reactions: MEL08

MEL08

Feb 12, 2019

Edit note
I’m the same user who opened the thread, don’t know why the forum is not recognising me
Congratulations to you, that's great news, i also applied for H&C and i had temporary status and it's gonna be expired in a couple days, i applied for renewal and they send me a refusal letter today saying am not eligible to apply unti i get AIP . Am still waiting on my AIP

lunamenezes

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018

Edit note
Hi , thanks for u updates.. they received my application on September 2017 , May 2018 started processing until now nothin new .. I’m so worried

Shandy16

Mar 5, 2019
How long it takes to get First Stage Approval ?
Does anyone knows CIC is processing which month applications in Dec 2018 ?
Depending... if you submitted all supporting documents and its a strong case
I already sent my Human and Compassionate process to CIC Vancouver but How I will know which its my application number in orden to follow up my process? Thanks for your help
you should be getting the receipt that they receive your application, then you will receive a letter saying if you are eligible as a sponsor, on that letter there should have a UCI number, then you can check online status of your application

Stoja

Feb 7, 2019
I submitted my H&C application on November, they respond February for medical
Wow, that is amazing, congratulations!

May I asked if you would be comfortable to share your story or at least some of it so we can have better understanding of a “strong case”!

Thank you

Shandy16

Mar 5, 2019
Wow, that is amazing, congratulations!

May I asked if you would be comfortable to share your story or at least some of it so we can have better understanding of a “strong case”!

Thank you
I sponsored my son under H&C, it is a conplicated one because of mispresentation. I am scared of being sent back to my country. But i took the risk anyways.
I submitted everything that i think will help like all proof that you are well settled here, volunteer works, letters from people or dignitaries, my boss’s letter, al also volunteer for church, some organizations, Letter coming from you explaining about my reason
I also prove the hardship we will be in if they send us home
It took 77 days when they send me a receipt that they received by application
Then it took 9 days when they said i am eligible, and at the same day they send me a medical instruction.
Good luck everyone!

Stoja

Feb 7, 2019
T
I sponsored my son under H&C, it is a conplicated one because of mispresentation. I am scared of being sent back to my country. But i took the risk anyways.
I submitted everything that i think will help like all proof that you are well settled here, volunteer works, letters from people or dignitaries, my boss’s letter, al also volunteer for church, some organizations, Letter coming from you explaining about my reason
I also prove the hardship we will be in if they send us home
It took 77 days when they send me a receipt that they received by application
Then it took 9 days when they said i am eligible, and at the same day they send me a medical instruction.
Good luck everyone!
Thank you so much for sharing!
I’m myself in a similar situation, with ill dependent, well settled in Ca, participated in charity work, have organized many fundraisers for several different causes , have full time job with full benefits, have strong ties in Ca! Have provided all supporting letters from family, friends, medical institutions regarding my dependent, financial statements, charity work proof and last, reasons why I shouldn’t go back to home country and hardship I could face! Every single statement I have made in my letter has supporting documents (proofs) !
My application is submitted in May 2018 and not even in process yet!

Congratulations one more time!! I’m very happy for you!!