+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian & compassionate application

Zefears

Dec 23, 2017
I have applied in August for a Humanitarian and Compassionate ground and I was looking at the following steps and possibilities. To be able to apply for a work permit the application needs to be “approved in principle“.
Con somebody tell me what that means?
Is it when they ask for your medical exams?

modibaljit

Jan 15, 2018
I have applied in August for a Humanitarian and Compassionate ground and I was looking at the following steps and possibilities. To be able to apply for a work permit the application needs to be “approved in principle“.
Hi. Did you submit a letter explaining H&C ground? If yes, please share a sample of that letter as I am also going to apply for that next week

Alien_walkingalone

Jul 9, 2015
Hi , did you get your first approval yet? Or just waiting for it?

Zefears

Dec 23, 2017
Hi , did you get your first approval yet? Or just waiting for it?
Still waiting

Hi. Did you submit a letter explaining H&C ground? If yes, please share a sample of that letter as I am also going to apply for that next week
How is your application going?

I have been checking the status online and it still says only that they received it. Is it supposed to change to "in progress" before any answer from first stage?

My layer keep on telling me it takes around 6 months for the first stage. I am at 6.5 month now and still no news.

Reactions: Hadysaade

gsgabs

Jun 14, 2018
Similar story here. Applied for H&C in October 2017 for my little brother who is currently under an international student visa for the last 2 years and lives with me. He's 15 years old. Family circumstances have forced us to bring my brother over a few years ago and the only way was to get a study visa so he could continue grade 8 education. My husband and I have renewed the visa again last year for grade 9 and applied for H&C as the situation is permanent and my brother will have to reside with us until he is able to look after himself on his own.

Now it's the waiting game... application is still in received status. No change

Zefears

Dec 23, 2017
My application changed from “received” to “in process” on the 1st of May, exactly at the 8 months mark. I’ll keep you posted about any change

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Similar story here. Applied for H&C in October 2017 for my little brother who is currently under an international student visa for the last 2 years and lives with me. He's 15 years old. Family circumstances have forced us to bring my brother over a few years ago and the only way was to get a study visa so he could continue grade 8 education. My husband and I have renewed the visa again last year for grade 9 and applied for H&C as the situation is permanent and my brother will have to reside with us until he is able to look after himself on his own.

Is he an orphan now?

Zefears

Dec 23, 2017
Submitted November 2017. Started processing on April 2018 , normally people do get their AIP with in 7 or 8 months but I don’t see any progress on my file .
You have been lucky so far. I submitted my application August 2017 and they start processing it in May 2018 at the 8 months mark.

Did you do it with a layer?
May I ask what your case is about?