File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for clarifying this. My understanding is after the covid pandemic it's become difficult to cross the land border without checks right? As for the H&C conditions, are there any templates I can use to draft the letter for this or any specific way to write it ? Thank you.
Many of the travel restrictions have been dropped now and at this time, I don't think it's more difficult to cross at a land border as long as you are fully vaccinated. You must also obviously have a US visa or already be in the US.

I'm not aware of any H&C templates.

Ped1994

Star Member
May 24, 2022
Hi all, has anyone here applied for pr renewal with H & C and got her pr card?
I applied on May and my status is still in process. They told me that they have sent my application to local office of the city I’m residing.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all, has anyone here applied for pr renewal with H & C and got her pr card?
I applied on May and my status is still in process. They told me that they have sent my application to local office of the city I’m residing.
Whether you are granted PRTD will depend on your application. Every application is different when it comes to PRTD based on H&C.

Ped1994

Star Member
May 24, 2022
I came with my valid pr card to canada, then applied for renewal under h&c. My pr was still valid. I just did not meet the RO

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I came with my valid pr card to canada, then applied for renewal under h&c. My pr was still valid. I just did not meet the RO
If you didn't meet RO, then you cannot get PR card renewal via the normal process.

Your new PR card will depend on if you H&C is accepted or not.

Last edited:

Ped1994

Star Member
May 24, 2022
I applied for renewal and wrote a cover letter explaining details and I also attached the documents.
Do you know how many days it usually takes?
Mine has been in process since May and I have sent a webform but they have answered that they sent my application to the local office.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied for renewal and wrote a cover letter explaining details and I also attached the documents.
Do you know how many days it usually takes?
Mine has been in process since May and I have sent a webform but they have answered that they sent my application to the local office.
Very few people apply for PR renewal based on H&C reason because you risk losing your PR status. There is no timeline for processing. It actually benefits you the longer it takes because you’ll have more time in Canada and you’ll have more of an argument that you have established yourself in Canada, are working, etc. If you have a valid PR card when you entered what was the rush? If you want to leave again you still have to continue meeting your RO since it is now a rolling total so getting a valid PR card doesn’t mean you can’t be reported on your next entry.

Feb 21, 2019
I received Approval In principles for my H&C in July 2022 and provided all the required documents like the medicals and police clearance from the countries I have lived in before moving to Canada. And I have been living in Canada for 9 years now.

I call back IRCC to check the final decision after providing all the documents and I was told my profile was perfect and that the final approval was also ready. I'm just wondering why I haven't received the letter now. Does any know what could possibly be the cause of the delays?

Is there a particular office or contact I could reach? I will respond to a private reply to this thread as well.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I received Approval In principles for my H&C in July 2022 and provided all the required documents like the medicals and police clearance from the countries I have lived in before moving to Canada. And I have been living in Canada for 9 years now.

I call back IRCC to check the final decision after providing all the documents and I was told my profile was perfect and that the final approval was also ready. I'm just wondering why I haven't received the letter now. Does any know what could possibly be the cause of the delays?

Is there a particular office or contact I could reach? I will respond to a private reply to this thread as well.

Thanks
Full approval just takes time. There are many applications. You are posting under a topic that has nothing to do with normal H&C application.