+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Huge CIC Delay on permit extension HELP

yuki_kjo

Mar 4, 2019
Just spoke to a cic agent. They said mine was specifically transferred to a local cic office in Edmonton, perhaps to do extra verifcation. They said that this typically means it will take even longer. My PR application is in as well and almost at 4 months since I applied. So maybe that will even come back with a decision sooner.
I have the same problem.
My SP expired several days ago and I applied extension on 2/11/2019 my file has been transferred to Edmonton office the office used same wordings in my information letter. So I’m still waiting in queue. I saw you mentioned that your Study permit has been processing in local office for over 8 months. I wonder if your original study permit has expired already.

tizi2020

May 27, 2019
Just want to post some positive news which may help someone who has similar case. I applied my study permit extension and open work permit for my husband on March 21, 2019. I have waited for about 45 days (processing time: 32 days), and called IRCC office on March 16 (better to call them around 7:30 am) to follow up my case. They told me they would send my case to responsible office and ask me to wait for one month. Today (May 27, 2019) i finally got my renewed study permit. but still waiting for my husbands open work permit. I believe his permit should be updated soon as the status is saying "we are reviewing your eligibility". Hopefully, this information will help someone.

IuriiS

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Tizi2020 thank you for information, it gives some hope :)

I applied for my study permit extension and work permit extension for my wife 1 of April. After asking them about my application (sent form), they told me, they will forward my application to the responsible office. Still waiting...Hopefully will get it soon.

tizi2020

May 27, 2019
Tizi2020 thank you for information, it gives some hope :)

I applied for my study permit extension and work permit extension for my wife 1 of April. After asking them about my application (sent form), they told me, they will forward my application to the responsible office. Still waiting...Hopefully will get it soon.
you should get reply soon, maybe in one or two weeks as i just got both yesterday. good luck!

IuriiS

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Just got the approval of study permit extension and open work permit for my wife yesterday. We submitted our applications 1 of April, and it took 60 days for us to be approved. It seems that they simply do not have enough people to process all the applications on time. Thank you, Canada :)

bhalodi.dhruv

Feb 4, 2018
Just want to post some positive news which may help someone who has similar case. I applied my study permit extension and open work permit for my husband on March 21, 2019. I have waited for about 45 days (processing time: 32 days), and called IRCC office on March 16 (better to call them around 7:30 am) to follow up my case. They told me they would send my case to responsible office and ask me to wait for one month. Today (May 27, 2019) i finally got my renewed study permit. but still waiting for my husbands open work permit. I believe his permit should be updated soon as the status is saying "we are reviewing your eligibility". Hopefully, this information will help someone.
@tizi2020 Which number did you call?

palmfairy

Jul 15, 2019
Hello Guys,

I have the same problem.
I came here as a temporary worker and apply for the extension of my work permit last April 2 but until now I haven't heard from them.

I tried to call them (1-888-242-2100), but cannot connect since I needed the application number which I don't have yet. Is the number I am contacting the only number I can reach them?

I submitted a webform as well but haven't heard from them either.

Is there something I can do or do you know ways on how I could contact them, a phone number maybe.
Is there any way I can renew my healthcard without my updated work permit? I need to refill my medication but unable to do so as my healthcard is already expired.

Please help.

Prince_11

Jan 6, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
Hello Guys,

I have the same problem.
I came here as a temporary worker and apply for the extension of my work permit last April 2 but until now I haven't heard from them.

I tried to call them (1-888-242-2100), but cannot connect since I needed the application number which I don't have yet. Is the number I am contacting the only number I can reach them?

I submitted a webform as well but haven't heard from them either.

Is there something I can do or do you know ways on how I could contact them, a phone number maybe.
Is there any way I can renew my healthcard without my updated work permit? I need to refill my medication but unable to do so as my healthcard is already expired.

Please help.
mine came after 154 days. so keep sending them web form after 2 weeks .... i survived on implied status for 100 days.

yuki_kjo

Mar 4, 2019
Hi,
Is there anybody here who got the following message:
"Your application has been transferred to the Canada Immigration Centre located in Edmonton for processing"
I also received a similar information letter with the same wording.
Did you get your study permit extension approved?