+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to work towards a Teaching Career in Canada, while in India

Avni8787

Jan 15, 2015
Hi,

I have a Canadian PR (landed in 2019 April) and plan on moving to Canada with my family by the end of 2020. I am an Indian Citizen settled in Seattle for past 5 years, but currently in India for vacation and now will be here till end of this year due to coronavirus situation
I have a bachelor's degree in commerce and an MBA in Marketing, and Work Ex in Marketing/Sales in India, but have been out of work for past 5 years, while i was in US due to Visa issues.

After i move to Canada, i plan on pursuing a teaching career. For this i have tried to look at what preperation and background work, certification etc i can do while i am in India and have 6 months or so, before coming to Canada. I was hoping some one here can guide me on how best can i utilize this time, which will help me do teching certifications when i am in Vancouver, or do any courses here in India which could help me anyway in pursuing teaching career in Canada. I somehow want to utilize this time, that i have in India and want to chanelize this time towards my future career goal, but not sure how to proceed in this regards.

Thanks for your help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I have a Canadian PR (landed in 2019 April) and plan on moving to Canada with my family by the end of 2020. I am an Indian Citizen settled in Seattle for past 5 years, but currently in India for vacation and now will be here till end of this year due to coronavirus situation
I have a bachelor's degree in commerce and an MBA in Marketing, and Work Ex in Marketing/Sales in India, but have been out of work for past 5 years, while i was in US due to Visa issues.

After i move to Canada, i plan on pursuing a teaching career. For this i have tried to look at what preperation and background work, certification etc i can do while i am in India and have 6 months or so, before coming to Canada. I was hoping some one here can guide me on how best can i utilize this time, which will help me do teching certifications when i am in Vancouver, or do any courses here in India which could help me anyway in pursuing teaching career in Canada. I somehow want to utilize this time, that i have in India and want to chanelize this time towards my future career goal, but not sure how to proceed in this regards.

Thanks for your help.
You need to get a B.Ed (bachelor in education) if you want to teach in Canada. You'll want to complete this program through a university in Canada (not in India).

Tresh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
You need to get a B.Ed (bachelor in education) if you want to teach in Canada. You'll want to complete this program through a university in Canada (not in India).

A situation where someone studies engineering course in Bachelors, then did Post graduate diploma in education for 1 year and 6 months and with 8 years of experience as a teacher in high school. Is she eligible to apply for maters of education or post graduate diploma in education in canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A situation where someone studies engineering course in Bachelors, then did Post graduate diploma in education for 1 year and 6 months and with 8 years of experience as a teacher in high school. Is she eligible to apply for maters of education or post graduate diploma in education in canada
You’ll need to look at the prerequisites for each program. Another option is completing a bridging course available in B.C. for B.C.teachers. There are some more rural communities that accept teachers without teacher training but you would always be limited to those communities.

Tresh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
You’ll need to look at the prerequisites for each program. Another option is completing a bridging course available in B.C. for B.C.teachers. There are some more rural communities that accept teachers without teacher training but you would always be limited to those communities.
Thanks @canuck78 but I am really confuse here. In her case, she isn't planning to work in Canada as a teacher, she is returning back home. She just wants to know her chance of been admitted for M.Ed as she had no B.Ed but has PGDE plus 8 years of experience in teaching of mathematics

MNRao

Aug 20, 2020
I am Indian meeting the points of SNP. I have MA in English Literature from India with 18 yrs experience in teaching English. I do not have teaching degree. Can anybody suggest me a channel for making a teaching career ASSP in Canada, doesn’t matter if my profile is limited to any local community college or school

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks @canuck78 but I am really confuse here. In her case, she isn't planning to work in Canada as a teacher, she is returning back home. She just wants to know her chance of been admitted for M.Ed as she had no B.Ed but has PGDE plus 8 years of experience in teaching of mathematics
Impossible to say what her chances are. Teachers college is competitive to get into. She should apply to more than one school. Really depends on the other candidates applying.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am Indian meeting the points of SNP. I have MA in English Literature from India with 18 yrs experience in teaching English. I do not have teaching degree. Can anybody suggest me a channel for making a teaching career ASSP in Canada, doesn’t matter if my profile is limited to any local community college or school
Impossible to say. Obviously schools in Canada try to hire people with Canadian teaching degrees first. You’ll have to look up who is hiring without a Canadian teaching degree and apply to those more rural communities who struggle to attract and retain teachers and see if you get hired. It will be very difficult to get hired in the larger centres which are considered more desirable places to work and where spouses may have more work opportunities. Without getting Canadian teaching credentials you will likely always be limited to these types of communities.

Tresh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Impossible to say what her chances are. Teachers college is competitive to get into. She should apply to more than one school. Really depends on the other candidates applying.
Thanks canucks78. She already had at least 3 schools in mind and their applications opens sept and October respectively. am grateful.