+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to withdraw application from TR to PR pathway

User98

Sep 29, 2021
did you receive the same letter?
I only got application number and to link it with gckey.
I wanted to withdraw my files because i did not mention my previous refusals and i also sent a webfrom to them to withdraw it.
Do u think should i go with it or can i cancel that withdraw request?

Sep 28, 2021
I wanted to withdraw my files because i did not mention my previous refusals and i also sent a webfrom to them to withdraw it.
i dont actually know... maybe try calling and see what the agent says?

Sep 28, 2021
could you keep me updated please

meenakshi1900

Oct 10, 2021
I wanted to know how to request to withdraw the TR to Pr application. As i have made many mistakes in TR to PR application. secondly, I am applying under Express entry (CEC) as i got my ITA and i want to apply in this category of Express entry now and want to cancel Tr to Pr application.

Also, what should i write an answer for the question, "you applied to PR before? " YES Or No. I am confused as I have not got any response from IRCC for my TR to Pr application since i applied So i have no file number or application number with me. Neither can able to link my application in my GC key account.

Jas199420

Sep 17, 2021
I continued with the same application after repaying the fee and sending missing documents by webform. I got pr portal request yesterday.

luisab1993

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
Hello, maybe this is a long shot but I asked for my refund on august 2021, got my refund and assumed that the application had been withdrawed. I then applied to my CEC through Express Entry and been waiting for a response, but today I got an email saying to link my application and oh surprise! It was this previous TR to PR and it says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information"

I've tried to call but I can't get connected. Don't know what to do.

Sep 28, 2021
Hello, maybe this is a long shot but I asked for my refund on august 2021, got my refund and assumed that the application had been withdrawed. I then applied to my CEC through Express Entry and been waiting for a response, but today I got an email saying to link my application and oh surprise! It was this previous TR to PR and it says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information"

I've tried to call but I can't get connected. Don't know what to do.
Hi, if you still want to withdraw from TR to PR you could use the application number to file a webform with an official withdrawal request.

I got the refund last year and without an application number, I submitted a webform to request the withdrawal, however without AOR the webform never got linked to my file. I received AOR before Christmas and using the APP# I sent the webform for a second time. This year Feb they sent a letter asking me to confirm my request. I confirmed it and uploaded the document through GC key. Just last week they finally sent me the official withdrawal letter and in my account the APP now shows 'withdrawn'.

Hope this helps. Of course if you want to keep it processing you don't have to do anything. They will ask you for the refunded fees.

luisab1993

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
Hi, if you still want to withdraw from TR to PR you could use the application number to file a webform with an official withdrawal request.

I got the refund last year and without an application number, I submitted a webform to request the withdrawal, however without AOR the webform never got linked to my file. I received AOR before Christmas and using the APP# I sent the webform for a second time. This year Feb they sent a letter asking me to confirm my request. I confirmed it and uploaded the document through GC key. Just last week they finally sent me the official withdrawal letter and in my account the APP now shows 'withdrawn'.

Hope this helps. Of course if you want to keep it processing you don't have to do anything. They will ask you for the refunded fees.
And did you reapply though another stream? I'm very hesitant of withdrawing because this new one looks more advanced than my CEC

Sep 28, 2021
And did you reapply though another stream? I'm very hesitant of withdrawing because this new one looks more advanced than my CEC
[/QUOTE

The reason I wanted to withdraw was that I didn't know I'm in a common-law relationship. My 'partner' also applied for the same stream so I added myself onto his APP and now it's been approved. Waiting for ecopr.