+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to survive the Express Entry process?

fmomen01

Sep 5, 2018
Hey guys,

I've submitted my transcripts to WES for my ECA and am waiting on that. Taken the CELPIP and waiting on those scores. Sent my Police Certificate requests and waiting on those. Booked a medical eval and waiting on the date for that. Will be sending the employment verification emails next Monday--have an idea of the NOCs but need to draft a sample. I even have a law firm which technically should be in charge of the details.

The problem though is that the wait is killing me! I have to study for the CPA exams and organize my graduation party and look for a job. But all I do is panic and remain fixated on when these documents are going to come through or what else I need to get done. Anyone have any recommendations on basically how to stay sane during the whole process?

I'm also in a bit of a rush because I turn 30 on November 2nd and lose 5 points so uuugggghhh!

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Hey guys,

I've submitted my transcripts to WES for my ECA and am waiting on that. Taken the CELPIP and waiting on those scores. Sent my Police Certificate requests and waiting on those. Booked a medical eval and waiting on the date for that. Will be sending the employment verification emails next Monday--have an idea of the NOCs but need to draft a sample. I even have a law firm which technically should be in charge of the details.

The problem though is that the wait is killing me! I have to study for the CPA exams and organize my graduation party and look for a job. But all I do is panic and remain fixated on when these documents are going to come through or what else I need to get done. Anyone have any recommendations on basically how to stay sane during the whole process?

I'm also in a bit of a rush because I turn 30 on November 2nd and lose 5 points so uuugggghhh!
you have not shared what category are you applying for and whether you are already in canada or outside ?

since you are mentioning points, seems like you are applying under the express entry system. if so, you need to wait for the ITA before doing the medical and need to do it with an IRCC empaneled clinic. the medical is the last thing you want to do before you file your eAPR.

if you have a law firm which will "technically" be in charge, they should know what is required and will do the needful accordingly.

what is your current score ? is it above the past few cut-off scores ? does it fall below the past few highest scores after you turn 30?

too little information to advise more specifically !

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hey guys,

I think you need to spend some time on this forum to read up on the entire process.
Have you gotten an ITA? if not then you're jumping the gun.
First calculate your CRS score and see if you score above the currrent cut-off of 440/441.

fmomen01

Sep 5, 2018
Yeah, these responses are not what I'm looking for....My process is already underway ad working fine along with points. My main question was on how to mentally get through it.

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Yeah, these responses are not what I'm looking for....My process is already underway ad working fine along with points. My main question was on how to mentally get through it.
Toughen up.

There are guys waiting for 10 months and longer to get their PPR. Pray that you're not so unfortunate.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
The day after you apply buy one of those flash memory erase thingy used in the movie 'men in black'. They sell it in mumbai VT station for 5 bucks. Change the setting to 1 year and click. You will forget you ever applied and one day out of the blue you will get an RFV email to submit passport.

fmomen01

Sep 5, 2018
Still not helpful...can someone who maybe has some solid advice rather than snark and bitterness relate what worked for them?

ankitptrivedi

Jun 7, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2018
Still not helpful...can someone who maybe has some solid advice rather than snark and bitterness relate what worked for them?
The wait is easy pre-ita because you’re busy getting your documents ready and it occupies your mind. Post-ita is when the wait becomes gruesome and impatience kicks in(opt out of being in a whatsapp/telegram group because everyone’s impatience rubs off on you).

Try to keep yourselves busy and not think about the process much, put as much effort as you can to make sure the documents are as per IRCC’s guidelines because that would consequently save processing time. Good luck

Reactions: fmomen01

fmomen01

Sep 5, 2018
The wait is easy pre-ita because you’re busy getting your documents ready and it occupies your mind. Post-ita is when the wait becomes gruesome and impatience kicks in(opt out of being in a whatsapp/telegram group because everyone’s impatience rubs off on you).

Try to keep yourselves busy and not think about the process much, put as much effort as you can to make sure the documents are as per IRCC’s guidelines because that would consequently save processing time. Good luck
Thank you! Finally some decent insight and advice! <3

Yeah, right now I'm still trying to get my papers in order as I am pre-ITA. My Celpip scores come out next Wednesday and I have to wait 5-10 days o top of that to get the hardcopy...and that's even IF my scores qualify. Otherwise, I'll have to retake the exam, which sucks. Still waiting on my WES docs too. Submitted all my police certificate requests finally (5 in total!) Identified all relevant NOCs. Need to send my employer verification requests out on Monday....Have my medical booked for the 20th but my lawyer is saying I should reschedule that for much later.

The thing is I'm leaving the country I am currently residing in for my home country on 18th October so wanted to get all my paperwork in order.

You're right as long as I am working on stuff, it's fine. But I can't help checking the WES site, the Celpip site and the forums every few hours. It's no longer healthy. I have my US CPA exams coming up to study for too but it's hard to concentrate on them because my focus has become so honed in on this application--the nuances, the complexities, the stats even! How do you disengage from it all yet keep everything on track? I feel like the other areas of my life are suffering a bit because of it.

And duly noted about staying away from whatsapp groups!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thank you! Finally some decent insight and advice! <3

Yeah, right now I'm still trying to get my papers in order as I am pre-ITA. My Celpip scores come out next Wednesday and I have to wait 5-10 days o top of that to get the hardcopy...and that's even IF my scores qualify. Otherwise, I'll have to retake the exam, which sucks. Still waiting on my WES docs too. Submitted all my police certificate requests finally (5 in total!) Identified all relevant NOCs. Need to send my employer verification requests out on Monday....Have my medical booked for the 20th but my lawyer is saying I should reschedule that for much later.

The thing is I'm leaving the country I am currently residing in for my home country on 18th October so wanted to get all my paperwork in order.

You're right as long as I am working on stuff, it's fine. But I can't help checking the WES site, the Celpip site and the forums every few hours. It's no longer healthy. I have my US CPA exams coming up to study for too but it's hard to concentrate on them because my focus has become so honed in on this application--the nuances, the complexities, the stats even! How do you disengage from it all yet keep everything on track? I feel like the other areas of my life are suffering a bit because of it.

And duly noted about staying away from whatsapp groups!
Do you have a hobby? Any sport you like? Something you really wanted to do but never found time? My suggestion would be enroll in some classes dance, yoga, photography, tennis. Any thing that you fancy. Learning something new and meeting people who are not constantly talking about this will help. A vacation can also help to just take mind off.

Reactions: fmomen01

fmomen01

Sep 5, 2018
Do you have a hobby? Any sport you like? Something you really wanted to do but never found time? My suggestion would be enroll in some classes dance, yoga, photography, tennis. Any thing that you fancy. Learning something new and meeting people who are not constantly talking about this will help. A vacation can also help to just take mind off.
Yeah, I need to focus on my cpa exams and get back into running and yoga....a change of scenery might help too. May head to NJ next week to shift my brain a bit. Thanks :) It's just been getting a bit overwhelming.