+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to speed up PR card renewal using MP?

studentnob

Jun 16, 2019
Hello All,

I am a student who needs to travel to the UK for a school project trip by the end of the month. I have already submitted my Pr Card renewal last week after it was rejected and correcting the errors. Its say the avg time is 23 days to get it done. Is there a way to speed it up in addition to Urgent processing of a permanent resident card tool.

Thinking about contacting my MP to ask if they can help speed it up they are a cabinet minister and alumni. Is there any other way a student can travel?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello All,

I am a student who needs to travel to the UK for a school project trip by the end of the month. I have already submitted my Pr Card renewal last week after it was rejected and correcting the errors. Its say the avg time is 23 days to get it done. Is there a way to speed it up in addition to Urgent processing of a permanent resident card tool.

Thinking about contacting my MP to ask if they can help speed it up they are a cabinet minister and alumni. Is there any other a student can travel?
MP can't help you (they can't influence immigration decisions or processes). If you have already requested urgent processing and submitted evidence of your flight, that's really the most you can do.

How long are you in the UK? If you are there at least a week, another option would be to apply for a PR Travel Document once you are there.

studentnob

Jun 16, 2019
MP can't help you (they can't influence immigration decisions or processes). If you have already requested urgent processing and submitted evidence of your flight, that's really the most you can do.

How long are you in the UK? If you are there at least a week, another option would be to apply for a PR Travel Document once you are there.

I am a student in Canada now. How do I get the PR Travel Document? And how long would that take?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am a student in Canada now. How do I get the PR Travel Document? And how long would that take?
You can only apply for the PR Travel Document once you are outside of Canada (i.e. once you have reached the UK). Processing times vary - you would want to have at least 1 week in the UK for a PRTD to be possible - but two weeks would be better (not guaranteed it would be processed within 1 week).

studentnob

Jun 16, 2019
You can only apply for the PR Travel Document once you are outside of Canada (i.e. once you have reached the UK). Processing times vary - you would want to have at least 1 week in the UK for a PRTD to be possible - but two weeks would be better (not guaranteed it would be processed within 1 week).
How can I leave Canada with no Pr card? I came here as a refuge when I was a kid?

mad_hatter

Jul 16, 2016
I don't understand why people wait until the last minute to renew their PR Cards. PR Card can be renewed 9 months before expiry.