+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to show Proof of Relationship with Aunt/Uncle

jahmedir

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Hi Friends,

My aunt (sister of my dad) lives in Canada.
In the e-APR they want , proof of relationship.
Can anybody please shed some light, what to show, for Proof of relationship ?

Thanks..

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
jahmedir said:
Hi Friends,

My aunt (sister of my dad) lives in Canada.
In the e-APR they want , proof of relationship.
Can anybody please shed some light, what to show, for Proof of relationship ?

Thanks..
You can check this thread... some people has shown these as supporting documents... should be fine but check with senior members as well

please put www

canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/proof-of-relationship-uncle-canadian-citizen-t395946.0.html

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
The documents should be up to date as of six months prior to submission.
Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a parent, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents)."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

jahmedir

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Ok. Thanks.

Another question...

However, I got ITA in CEC.
The link you gave me i.e. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp#document_checklist

says as below:
=============================================================================
Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada, status of a relative in Canada and residence status of a relative in Canada
Purpose

To validate a claim of, and award points associated with, having a relative in Canada who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident

But in CEC, I did not get any points for the relatives...
Do I still need to arrange all these required documents ?

jahmedir

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
One of the document i.e.

"Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided"

Can we provide Driving licence for this purpose?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jahmedir said:
Ok. Thanks.

Another question...

However, I got ITA in CEC.
The link you gave me i.e. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp#document_checklist

says as below:
Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada, status of a relative in Canada and residence status of a relative in Canada
Purpose

To validate a claim of, and award points associated with, having a relative in Canada who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident

But in CEC, I did not get any points for the relatives...
Do I still need to arrange all these required documents ?
If you have issues getting proof of relationship, remove him from your application and state in a LOE the reason as well as the fact that since you're a CEC applicant this does not affect your eligibility.

Oh and you cannot use his driver's license to prove that he resides in Canada.

jahmedir

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Thanks DelPiero07,

I would probably be able to get aunt's passport only. that shows the name of her dad (my grand-dad) and on the passport of my dad, the name of his dad (my grand-dad).
If I show this much and write in LOE that "I can not obtain further documents e.g. Lease and since I am in CEC so I do not need to claim any points for the relationship"

is that OK or is it better to just remove them from application and write LOE ?

thegh0sts

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
I am going to provide copies of my mother, her sister, and mine as both my mother and her sister have the same parents and since I have my mother's name on my birth certificate it therefore should prove that the relation is what I have stated.

Huvsd29

Jun 30, 2017
Hey guys! My mom's brother is a Canadian citizen (mu Uncle). But, he has moved to the United States with his family. Now, he resides there.

Can I still use my relation with him, in my profile?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hey guys! My mom's brother is a Canadian citizen (mu Uncle). But, he has moved to the United States with his family. Now, he resides there.

Can I still use my relation with him, in my profile?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
1. No, he has to reside in Canada.

Moana1128

Apr 30, 2018
Bangladesh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-04-2018
AOR Received.
30-04-2018
Passport Req..
04-07-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Can the toll bill be used asaproof of residence ?

fjaveed1

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
If you have issues getting proof of relationship, remove him from your application and state in a LOE the reason as well as the fact that since you're a CEC applicant this does not affect your eligibility.

Oh and you cannot use his driver's license to prove that he resides in Canada.
hey i need help

i am 3 months post AOR - while filling the come to Canada tool i answered "YES" to the question " do you have any relatives in Canada including , aunt , uncle , grandparent , siblings etc"

However, while generating my EE profile i mentioned "NO" to the question " do you have any relatives in Canada" - someone told me that i should have answered YES to this question as in actual i do have my aunt and uncle in Canada. Now i am worried if my profile can be rejected as a result of misrepresentation ! i did not claim any points for relatives in Canada.....

should i raise a web form and tell the visa officer that i do have aunt and uncle in Canada and that i made an error while filling the profile? i dont want to arrange loads of documents to prove my relationship

plz help

sam06

Aug 7, 2017
hey i need help

i am 3 months post AOR - while filling the come to Canada tool i answered "YES" to the question " do you have any relatives in Canada including , aunt , uncle , grandparent , siblings etc"

However, while generating my EE profile i mentioned "NO" to the question " do you have any relatives in Canada" - someone told me that i should have answered YES to this question as in actual i do have my aunt and uncle in Canada. Now i am worried if my profile can be rejected as a result of misrepresentation ! i did not claim any points for relatives in Canada.....

should i raise a web form and tell the visa officer that i do have aunt and uncle in Canada and that i made an error while filling the profile? i dont want to arrange loads of documents to prove my relationship

plz help
Hey..can you give an update. What happened after that?

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
hey i need help

plz help
Hi,how did you go about this. Might be the same case with me. Please tell what you did. Thank you.

bubbly_87

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I applied for SINP PNP and need proof of relationship for Canada immigration but the problem is my aunty is 84 years old and at that time there was no birth certificate, ID card,B-From were available and he got married in 1960's. Moreover when she shifted to Canada in 2004 her all documents were made through her husband's name.

Now,what should I do now?