+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to show Proof of Relationship with Aunt/Uncle

Alexzhou

Jan 9, 2023
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
"This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
The documents should be up to date as of six months prior to submission.
Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a parent, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents)."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
Hi DelPiero07, I am so confused about this statement "A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.", my uncle does have a birth certificate issued by his origin country rather than a Canadian one, does the one who is not born in Canada can have a Canadian birth certificate?
Also, does the above statement means providing any of the Canadian citizenship document, a Canadian birth certificate is ok.
Thank you!

Arefe

Apr 12, 2023
Hello,
My uncle is a citizen of Canada and in my express entry profile, I indicated that. I have received an ITA now. I have a provincial nomination and am eligible for the federal skilled worker stream. It's too hard for me to get proof of a relationship and my uncle's passport (he is not willing to give me these things). can I remove him from my PR application and just explain in the LOE? What is your advice?

4thworld

Nov 4, 2023
Hello Arefe good day pls can you pls tell me what was the outcome of this as i have exactly the same problem

please tell me what you ended up doing

thank you
Hello,
My uncle is a citizen of Canada and in my express entry profile, I indicated that. I have received an ITA now. I have a provincial nomination and am eligible for the federal skilled worker stream. It's too hard for me to get proof of a relationship and my uncle's passport (he is not willing to give me these things). can I remove him from my PR application and just explain in the LOE? What is your advice?

Arefe

Apr 12, 2023
Hello Arefe good day pls can you pls tell me what was the outcome of this as i have exactly the same problem

please tell me what you ended up doing

thank you
I wrote a letter of explanation and explained that my uncle is not willing to provide any documents and since I am not claiming any points for this relationship, I am not providing these documents.

4thworld

Nov 4, 2023
I wrote a letter of explanation and explained that my uncle is not willing to provide any documents and since I am not claiming any points for this relationship, I am not providing these documents.
Hello Arefe,

Thank you very much for your response I appreciate it so much

maybe my only other question would be, did they get back to you specifically for not providing this doc or basically did you receive a PR even without providing these documents

Hope to hear from you soon

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
Yes you can remove him from the application and remove any points

Eve Enemuo

Dec 23, 2021
Nigeria
Category........
Other
Please have you gotten pr yet or heard from them? I want to know if I can follow this path as I don’t know where to start from in proving this relationship with my uncle. Also, can I see a sample of your letter?