+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to restart career in Canada?

spudwick9

Oct 9, 2020
Hello everyone, hope everyone is doing well !
Me and my spouse are going to land canada soon. We have got PR.
I need some help regarding how to get a job or start a career in canada. I did Engineering in computer science back in 2011, and we have family business also. I was not employed anywhere. My spouse has been working in finance field. But in canada I myself want to work. So how can I get a job in software domain ?
Do I need to study ?
Or should I do a certification course and start to apply jobs when I land there ?
Please give me some insights.

ParuMani

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
I need some help regarding how to get a job or start a career in canada. I did Engineering in computer science back in 2011, and we have family business also. I was not employed anywhere. My spouse has been working in finance field. But in canada I myself want to work. So how can I get a job in software domain ?
Do I need to study ?
Or should I do a certification course and start to apply jobs when I land there ?
Retool yourself with latest certifications which are hot in the market.. since you dont have any experience under your belt you can join as a beginner

spudwick9

Oct 9, 2020
Retool yourself with latest certifications which are hot in the market.. since you dont have any experience under your belt you can join as a beginner
Thank you for your reply.
I m concerned that since I don't have any work experience, will I get any interview calls ? I am also thinking to do one year pg diploma course in toronto. But how I will show the years I haven't worked in my resume?

ParuMani

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
Thank you for your reply.
I m concerned that since I don't have any work experience, will I get any interview calls ? I am also thinking to do one year pg diploma course in toronto. But how I will show the years I haven't worked in my resume?

Browse a lot about your favorite subject and become an expert in it.. Do courses and get certified in that subject..
If you are able to give smart solutions to their IT problems you will be hired. You need not work in that particular field to be a beginner

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Do I need to study ?
Learn React and Nodejs/Ruby on Rails. These are very in-demand skills in Toronto and Vancouver.

spudwick9

Oct 9, 2020
Browse a lot about your favorite subject and become an expert in it.. Do courses and get certified in that subject..
If you are able to give smart solutions to their IT problems you will be hired. You need not work in that particular field to be a beginner
Thank you for your reply. This is a good suggestion. I just want to know that since I do not have any work experience, Will I be called for interviews ?
If I apply jobs with a certification after reaching there ?

spudwick9

Oct 9, 2020
Learn React and Nodejs/Ruby on Rails. These are very in-demand skills in Toronto and Vancouver.
Thank you for your suggestion. Say I go with these certifications without any work experience. Will I get calls from companies ?
I am not sure about that. I am confused.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your suggestion. Say I go with these certifications without any work experience. Will I get calls from companies ?
Wouldn't it more simple to move your family business to Canada and then you don't worry about getting a job from other companies (without work expereience) in which you would administer your own business instead?

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
These are not certifications but programming languages. If you learn and know them well and are able to demonstrate your skills, yes you can get an entry level job

anuneo007

Jul 24, 2020
Hi guys. Hope all are doing good. I want to know how the automation test engineer using selenium opportunities across Toronto?

spudwick9

Oct 9, 2020
These are not certifications but programming languages. If you learn and know them well and are able to demonstrate your skills, yes you can get an entry level job
Yes, that is a good suggestion, I m planning to start this soon, but since I am a passed out around 10 years back, only doing certifications or live projects will help me gettting an interview call ? Say on an entry level, since I have seen many cases in canada where people having 4-5 years of experience also start on entry level jobs, but the main thing that worries me is I don't have any work experience and I don't want to put fake certificates for same.

spudwick9

Oct 9, 2020
Wouldn't it more simple to move your family business to Canada and then you don't worry about getting a job from other companies (without work expereience) in which you would administer your own business instead?
My business in my home country is farming, Investing there in canada for same, I don't know how much it costs, and our currency is weak as compared to CAD + I don't have any knowledge that how can I invest infarming and become a legit farmer there in canada with buying land there.

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Yes, that is a good suggestion, I m planning to start this soon, but since I am a passed out around 10 years back, only doing certifications or live projects will help me gettting an interview call ? Say on an entry level, since I have seen many cases in canada where people having 4-5 years of experience also start on entry level jobs, but the main thing that worries me is I don't have any work experience and I don't want to put fake certificates for same.
People that have the skills are in high demand. Also, in this field, people without degrees are employed all the time. What matters is that you should be able to demonstrate that you have the skills and that you have authorisation to work in Canada

Reactions: spudwick9

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My business in my home country is farming, Investing there in canada for same, I don't know how much it costs, and our currency is weak as compared to CAD + I don't have any knowledge that how can I invest infarming and become a legit farmer there in canada with buying land there.
You don't necessary have to buy land in order to be a legit farmer in Canada. I heard many people invest farmlands in SK and find legit farmers who lease their land for crops / ranching.