+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to restart career in Canada?

Nov 2, 2020
Hello everyone, hope everyone is doing well !
Me and my spouse are going to land canada soon. We have got PR.
I need some help regarding how to get a job or start a career in canada. I did Engineering in computer science back in 2011, and we have family business also. I was not employed anywhere. My spouse has been working in finance field. But in canada I myself want to work. So how can I get a job in software domain ?
Do I need to study ?
Or should I do a certification course and start to apply jobs when I land there ?
Please give me some insights.
Well i am not an Sotware engineer but i have some friends who have gone through the consultant route. There are number of recruiting/consuting companies in toronto which provide training and helps in hiring process on condition of cut from every month paycheck. It does not sound that good but it gives you a quick start and especially if you are fresher or from outside canada.

Reactions: spudwick9

spudwick9

Oct 9, 2020
Well i am not an Sotware engineer but i have some friends who have gone through the consultant route. There are number of recruiting/consuting companies in toronto which provide training and helps in hiring process on condition of cut from every month paycheck. It does not sound that good but it gives you a quick start and especially if you are fresher or from outside canada.
Yes, I have heard the same. There are lot of consultants in US also with such agreement.

spudwick9

Oct 9, 2020
People that have the skills are in high demand. Also, in this field, people without degrees are employed all the time. What matters is that you should be able to demonstrate that you have the skills and that you have authorisation to work in Canada
You seem to have a lot of information regarding these openings in these big cities, what is the scope for data scientists in ontario prticularly ? I was planning to start learning R, python, tableau.

spudwick9

Oct 9, 2020
You don't necessary have to buy land in order to be a legit farmer in Canada. I heard many people invest farmlands in SK and find legit farmers who lease their land for crops / ranching.
Ok, But I need to invest first to buy lands for farming, I don't have any idea how that works ?!

spudwick9

Oct 9, 2020
Browse a lot about your favorite subject and become an expert in it.. Do courses and get certified in that subject..
If you are able to give smart solutions to their IT problems you will be hired. You need not work in that particular field to be a beginner
Thanks for the reply, are you working in IT sector in Canada ?

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
You seem to have a lot of information regarding these openings in these big cities, what is the scope for data scientists in ontario prticularly ? I was planning to start learning R, python, tableau.
The scope is increasing with more companies requiring Data Scientists and AI Engineers